The all-new Premier League thread Page 3055

• Page

of 5663 First / Last

• SuperCoolEskimo 30 Dec 2012 16:50:36 10,071 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why is Granero on the bench? Been QPR's best player this season from what I've seen.

JUST FACKIN RUN ARAAAAAND A BIT doesn't seem to be working too well, might be an idea to get a proper footballer on the pitch, Arry.

Gotta say, he deserves this non performance from his players. Since he got the job he's been in the papers non stop telling everyone how overpaid and disinterested they are. Now they're actually worse compared to when Hughes was there.
  • captbirdseye 30 Dec 2012 16:50:58 5,467 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not often I feel sorry for Redknapp but Hughes has left him with some absolute shite.
  • nickthegun 30 Dec 2012 16:51:28 61,325 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It is genuinely hard to believe anyone thought that short term, highly paid contracts would work. Its never worked and never will. I still cant get my head around it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• wogsy81 30 Dec 2012 16:51:42 759 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Get in the pool. The 3 pts are in the bag here.

And man has "Good ol Harry" got a job on keeping these guys up.
  • nickthegun 30 Dec 2012 16:54:00 61,325 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It will be these, reading and villa to go down

• SuperCoolEskimo 30 Dec 2012 17:01:49 10,071 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haha, he's brought on Shaun Derry instead. Too good to be true.
  • teamHAM 30 Dec 2012 17:01:56 3,153 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    The clause is 7m but I'm sure about 3.5m of that goes directly to Ba and his entourage of vultures. Even if he moves but doesn't get a payrise he will still get a huge payday. And ultimately that's what he wants it seems.
    Meh. I'll be glad to get rid of the circus tbh. He was always going to go, just a shame it will be to that horrible club. Cisse will take over, I hope.

I'll be far more bothered if we do what I expect and don't sign another striker though (Remy?). If Cisse gets injured we'll have the choice of Shola Ameobi and Nile Ranger.
    Aye. It seems to be the case that Ba will either be off in January or the Summer. The only way for this to not be the case is if he signs a new contract with the clause removed which I just cannot see happening.

Therefore we need a new striker. Remy would be a huge signing but unfortunately I just think there are too many obstacles for it to happen, without even bringing into the equation that Marseille are unlikely to let him go for less than 12m ish. We will likely bid 5-9m and piss them off. Aubameyang from St Etienne is another prospect. I wouldn't be at all surprised though if either of them end up going somewhere like Spurs or Liverpool.

Defence wise, well where to start. Simpson needs to kindly fuck off. He has no intention whatsoever of signing a new deal. And he's played terribly this season. Maybe Debuchy (another circus) or even switch Santon to RB and look for a new left back. And a centre back is a must. Williamson has been a disaster for the last two seasons and we need a replacement pronto.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• morriss 30 Dec 2012 17:04:50 71,286 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can we not just relegate QPR now?
  • captbirdseye 30 Dec 2012 17:08:46 5,467 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Not often I feel sorry for Redknapp but Hughes has left him with some absolute shite.
    He has three of his better players on the bench and whenever he is talking about his team it is to say how shit and undeserving of him they are.

At least he'll have plenty of apologists and he has managed to get his excuses in early.
    True but they've been so badly mismanaged by Hughes and Fernandes that I doubt anyone could save them. Feel sorry for Mackie though.
  • Deleted user 30 December 2012 17:16:46
    Attacking percentage football is still percentage football. Harry just produces a better watch than Allardyce.

Think Chelsea might be worth a few quid for the league tbh.
  • reddevil93 30 Dec 2012 17:20:14 12,071 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Attacking percentage football is still percentage football. Harry just produces a better watch than Allardyce.

Think Chelsea might be worth a few quid for the league tbh.
    Still to go away to ourselves, City and Liverpool. I think people are forgetting how many difficult games that are out of the way for United.

• Deleted user 30 December 2012 17:22:09
    You're obviously following the reds more than me. Just look like they're shipping 3 goals a game :D
  • Deleted user 30 December 2012 17:25:21
    Chelsea won't win the league.

Have United ever not won it two years in a row in the PL?
  • Deleted user 30 December 2012 17:27:20
    You're just praying that because they're all Nazis.
  • Deleted user 30 December 2012 17:27:22
    Oh yeah, two in a row for Mourinho and Arsenal before that. Still, would be surprised if United didn't do it this year.
  • nickthegun 30 Dec 2012 17:28:15 61,325 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Once, I think.

• Deleted user 30 December 2012 17:37:55
    Granero looks classy at finding space.
  • Tom_Servo 30 Dec 2012 22:16:26 18,082 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bit of a mixed day for FAN, then.

Everyone's got Debuchy in, but Ba out to Chelsea. Are Ba's knees still a bit dodgy?

Edited by Tom_Servo at 22:16:40 30-12-2012
  • Dougs 30 Dec 2012 23:07:07 69,530 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A bit. Read somewhere that a lot of his wages are in appearance and bonuses as a result.
  • kentmonkey 30 Dec 2012 23:12:03 20,930 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Allegedly he's on about 20k a week basic, with the remainder in 'appearance' fees and goal fees, but also a proportion for 'being available for selection'. As in, not injured.

Many have stated in the past that his knees are a time bomb waiting to explode. Still waiting, looks fit and able to play twice a week to me. He's not exactly in Ledley King territory.
  • Syrette 30 Dec 2012 23:14:46 44,232 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Bit of a mixed day for FAN, then.

Everyone's got Debuchy in, but Ba out to Chelsea. Are Ba's knees still a bit dodgy?
    Well Ba was always likely to leave, he won't be joining a club that Newcastle will have to worry about, and if he leaves soon the club will have the entire window more or less to replace him. Plus Cisse will get to play in his favoured position, week in week out.

Replacing Simpson is a far bigger issue to be honest. Steven Taylor will be back soon and he and Debuchy will improve the back 4 immeasurably. If Santon gets his form back and improves a bit defensively then the club will suddenly have a top class back 4, injuries permitting.

I can't put into words how bad Danny Simpson is. Williamson too, but he isn't assured of a first 11 spot unlike Simpson at the moment.

Apprehensive about the window but I think most fans knew Ba's days were numbered anyway. Like I think I said earlier the problem for NUFC if Ba goes (aside from his goals) is who would come in for Cisse should he get injured.

Edited by Syrette at 23:15:53 30-12-2012

• captbirdseye 31 Dec 2012 02:05:16 5,467 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Could be bullshit but a former Palace player has tweeted Zaha good luck with his Arsenal move.
  • Deleted user 31 December 2012 09:47:06
    @Deckard1 I thought Cisse was getting played out of position which was why he's been shocking? Quite sad Ba's going to Chelski as I quite like him as a player and was secretly hoping Liverpool would take a punt on him rather than Sturridge.
  • Blakester 31 Dec 2012 09:54:54 3,670 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sky Sports reporting that he's not going to Chelsea even though his agent met them yesterday. Nailed on for QPR I reckon who will be desperate enough to pay him whatever he wants.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• mikew1985 31 Dec 2012 10:09:30 13,043 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Scored a cracker against us though.
  • Page

of 5663 First / Last