The all-new Premier League thread Page 3049

• Page

of 5375 First / Last

• teamHAM 29 Dec 2012 19:22:43 2,883 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    still, for the neutral, what's that for MOTD. 35 goals in 8 games or something.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• King_Edward 29 Dec 2012 19:22:48 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    I think I'm going to want to see that goal from every angle possible, picking himself up like that and then scoring is just bonkers.
    Well, everyone else did stop playing.
  • Whizzo 29 Dec 2012 19:23:45 43,091 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The person annoying everyone watching by screeching has been identified.

This space left intentionally blank.

• El_MUERkO 29 Dec 2012 19:23:49 16,975 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @nickthegun loads of empty seats as people left early :o
  • Kay 29 Dec 2012 19:23:51 17,820 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    convz wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Haha, the ESPN commentator just claimed "the football's great".
    It's been an incredibly entertaining game
    With arsenal being absolutely shite for 70 minutes.
    Not really, they picked up in the second half. No doubt the gameplan was to let Newcastle play, and then press hard in the second half as they get tired.
  • convz 29 Dec 2012 19:24:01 372 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:
    I think I'm going to want to see that goal from every angle possible, picking himself up like that and then scoring is just bonkers.
    Similar to what he did to Chelsea last season.
    That's exactly what I thought of too, both cases he left the defenders utterly bemused
  • Whizzo 29 Dec 2012 19:24:23 43,091 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:Well, everyone else did stop playing.
    You really would think professional footballers would play to the bloody whistle.

This space left intentionally blank.

• nickthegun 29 Dec 2012 19:25:39 59,454 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is this the amount of goals needed in a game before a ticket to the emirates becomes good value for money?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• El_MUERkO 29 Dec 2012 19:25:40 16,975 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Theo with the look of a man clapping before he leaves.

Edited by El_MUERkO at 19:26:04 29-12-2012
  • kalel 29 Dec 2012 19:25:42 86,962 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No gameplan would assume this level of shitness from Newcastle's defence. In Italy they'd be claiming match-fixing.
  • teamHAM 29 Dec 2012 19:25:53 2,883 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    ...it may work against Everton at home
    To be fair I expect anyone connected with Everton will be rubbing their hands together.

• SuperCoolEskimo 29 Dec 2012 19:26:06 9,776 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great stuff, that was mental.

With every goal he scores, Theo is more likely to leave rather than sign with us.

Can see him going to Chelsea to take up the HG spot Sturridge is vacating.
  • Syrette 29 Dec 2012 19:26:06 43,296 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    convz wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Haha, the ESPN commentator just claimed "the football's great".
    It's been an incredibly entertaining game
    With arsenal being absolutely shite for 70 minutes.
    Not really, they picked up in the second half. No doubt the gameplan was to let Newcastle play, and then press hard in the second half as they get tired.
    To an extent. Arsenal were lucky in terms of not having a boxing day fixture.

Either way I was unimpressed with Arsenal for the most part, but towards the end they were very clinical against possibly the worst defence in the league.

• Trowel 29 Dec 2012 19:26:07 17,596 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:
    Similar to what he did to Chelsea last season.
    Helps when defenders suddenly go down with a severe case of ballophobia.
  • Syrette 29 Dec 2012 19:27:53 43,296 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Good of the Arsenal fans to finally make some noise towards the end there too, when they were comfortable.

• teamHAM 29 Dec 2012 19:29:29 2,883 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Opta Stats: "This is the first time ever that a side has scored 3+ goals in successive Premier League matches and lost them both."

• Trowel 29 Dec 2012 19:32:39 17,596 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    "MOTD running order; Ars/New, Nor/ManC, AV/Wig, Sto/Sou, Sun/Tot, ManU/WBA, Ful/ Swa, Rea/WHU 35 goals."
    Winds me up when they put the televised game first over a 3pm classic, no matter how many goals it had.
  • teamHAM 29 Dec 2012 19:35:01 2,883 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Stan Collymore is a cunt "Awesome performance from the Mags"

• kalel 29 Dec 2012 19:35:50 86,962 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Televised for the 3 people with ESPN.
  • Trowel 29 Dec 2012 19:37:41 17,596 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Televised for the 3 people with ESPN.
    Well I'm a third of them, and it's not that much effort for anyone who cared.
  • Mr_Sleep 29 Dec 2012 19:40:56 16,933 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Villa match should absolutely not be third. It was a fucking dire game of football. Oh and at least Newcastle can score goals, even if they can't defend.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Syrette 29 Dec 2012 19:41:24 43,296 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does the 3 month trial of ESPN still exist?

• Syrette 29 Dec 2012 19:42:54 43,296 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    The Villa match should absolutely not be third. It was a fucking dire game of football. Oh and at least Newcastle can score goals, even if they can't defend.
    Exactly. There is not much wrong with Newcastle offensively, especially when you consider Ben Arfa and Cabaye (along with Ba, our 2 best players) have been out for a while. Oh and Anita was out today too, and he's been our best player as of late. Gutierrez is missing as well, don't think it's a total coincidence that he's been injured and we've let goals aplenty in.

Less said about the defence the better. Even Coloccini has been poor.

Edited by Syrette at 19:47:31 29-12-2012

• The-Bodybuilder 29 Dec 2012 19:47:44 14,136 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    We are so fucking poor. Championship incoming!
    No - the defence is so poor. The rest of the team is decent.

The defence is currently Championship-standard as a collective. Coloccini and Santon aren't anywhere near their best, Perch isn't a centre-back, less said about Williamson the better and Simpson is a joke who doesn't deserve a new contract at all never mind one on his terms.

How Pardew and Ashley thought it okay to go into the season with our defence (knowing how injury prone Steven Taylor is) is beyond me. Unforgivable and has to be rectified in the window.
    Pardew Out?
    Been waiting to do that for a while now. :p

Have to say, I find it odd that even arsenal fans seem to not be happy at Theo scoring a hattrick. It seems even amongst arsenal fans that they are so convinced he's off and (coincidentally) he's shite as a CF, that they've convinced themself he simply cannot work there. Bit of egg on their face.
    Now all I'm hearing is "ok he can score goals, but his build-up play is rubbish", well f*ck it. Rather a scoring CF with not build up play than.....well, chamakh or Gervinho.
  • kentmonkey 29 Dec 2012 19:55:07 20,582 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was told in the group years ago that Theo couldn't play as striker as the days of a quick forward up front were dead. Same people still trying to do him down now, regardless of what he does.

He's been an inconsistent winger because he isn't a winger. Not saying he's the best CF in the world, but it's clear that he can do a job there. And that, shockingly, a thin fast striker CAN work. Amazing what happens when you're prepared to try things, rather than just dismiss it as it's not an opinion you hold about how football can be played.

Next week a team playing 4-4-2 will win a match.
  • Syrette 29 Dec 2012 19:57:48 43,296 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Pardew Out?
    Been waiting to do that for a while now. :p
    Nope. We did go after defenders in the window to be fair, so it's not like he was oblivious to the fact that our defence needed improving. Given Coloccini is the only consistently quality defender in the team (Santon is suspect defensively, Steven Taylor is always out these days). I'm sure Pardew realises Williamson and Simpson aren't good enough, the young reserves aren't ready. and that Perch can't be relied upon too much.

I don't know how it works, maybe he could have done more to demand Ashley give him what he wanted. We had the Debuchy saga last the entire summer, he was desperate to come, and it basically didn't happen because us and Lille were squabbling over an extra m or 2 that they'd added to the asking price. I can't imagine how much better we'd be with Debuchy replacing Simpson. Even last season Simpson was the very obvious weak link in our best 11.

I've still got hopes of getting something out of this season as we can create and score goals, and the issues in the team are obvious glaring ones. But I imagine most fans will lose that hope if we don't spend in January, and losing Ba would be a massive loss. I'd keep him and add another striker, as were trying to do in the summer with the likes of Luuk de Jong.

Ah well :)

Edited by Syrette at 19:58:28 29-12-2012

• nickthegun 29 Dec 2012 19:57:51 59,454 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Its free to virgin customers at the moment, presumably because they have lost the rights to show football (amongst other things) and are in the process of closing the channel down.

He totally called it

• Trowel 29 Dec 2012 20:23:36 17,596 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Its free to virgin customers at the moment, presumably because they have lost the rights to show football (amongst other things) and are in the process of closing the channel down.
    It's always been free to Virgin customers with Sky Sports, as will BT's coverage be.
  • nickthegun 29 Dec 2012 20:25:27 59,454 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dont have sky sports and I still get it.

He totally called it

• The-Bodybuilder 29 Dec 2012 21:46:23 14,136 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:.
    Next week a team playing 4-4-2 will win a match.
    Stop with your crazy talk, this is 2012 and nearly 2013, nobody plays 4-4-2 anymore.
    except United, but they don't win anything with a 4-4-2.

You also don't win friends with salad.
  • Page

of 5375 First / Last