The all-new Premier League thread Page 2962

• Page

of 5611 First / Last

• Deleted user 27 November 2012 12:34:19
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 12:36:03
    THFourteen wrote:
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    West ham fans, disgusting.
    And now they are racist, nazi sympathisers too.
    Dunno if it's ironic that the most vitriol comes from essentially the same community of people.

Londoners seem more aggressive to me.
  • faux-C 27 Nov 2012 12:49:17 9,525 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Why isn't Sahin playing for Liverpool? Or is he?
    He's been playing most games...
  • Widge Moderator 27 Nov 2012 13:01:48 13,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Darren Bent to Liverpool popping up again. I know Kalel said that any club should stay far far away from him, but part of me wants some guy who is just there to sit in the box and stab the ball home.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• SolidSCB 27 Nov 2012 13:05:14 7,184 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought they'd stopped paying for overpriced shite?
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Nov 2012 13:06:24 17,279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bent seems to be be out of contention with Lambert's new look Villa so from that point of view the story certainly has legs. Liverpool do seem like the obvious choice so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes there for about ten to fifteen million. His goals were instrumental in keeping us up but I'll not be sad to see him go.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Widge Moderator 27 Nov 2012 13:10:39 13,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He seemed to be doing really well until the change of management/philosophy came in. Also shedding Downing and Young didn't seem to help.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Mr_Sleep 27 Nov 2012 13:12:43 17,279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Indeed, Young and Downing did contribute to his goal tally, I think it's hard to judge him under McLeish but under Lambert he has been hopeless. Lambert expects a striker to link up play but Bent is woeful at that. So, he's not really a fit for the manager, it's noticeable just how much better Villa have been since Bent has not been playing.

• Deleted user 27 November 2012 13:13:25
    Bit of a sideways move from Andy Carrol imo.
  • Jono62 27 Nov 2012 13:15:59 14,254 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    True. The results haven't come yet, but the play and build up look much better. Hopefully we can get a decent sum for Bent.
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Nov 2012 13:20:58 17,279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    True. The results haven't come yet, but the play and build up look much better. Hopefully we can get a decent sum for Bent.
    Aye, it's just so nearly there. I have high hopes for the game this evening, the trouble is that Reading have started to improve a lot too so I reckon there may be some goals in the game tonight. Just need Gabby to start firing again, I thought he'd turned the corner but some of his efforts against Arsenal were a bit suspect.

• THFourteen 27 Nov 2012 13:23:21 34,204 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Dunno if it's ironic that the most vitriol comes from essentially the same community of people.

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING PRICK

;-)
  • Jono62 27 Nov 2012 13:24:05 14,254 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Westwood has been through biggest surprise for me. Thought he'd take longer to settle in.
  • nickthegun 27 Nov 2012 13:28:15 60,995 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THE BIG DOG REPRESENTS WHEREVER HE GOES, BOYEEEEEEEE.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Mr_Sleep 27 Nov 2012 13:31:37 17,279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Westwood has been through biggest surprise for me. Thought he'd take longer to settle in.
    Aye, he seems like a very classy player, I wouldn't be surprised (assuming he keeps doing as well as he is) if Ferguson floats a bid this summer. He has a very Scholes like quality to him.

• Deleted user 27 November 2012 13:34:20
    THFourteen wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING PRICK

;-)
    :D
  • Dougs 27 Nov 2012 13:43:00 69,031 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Great article on punditry:

Gary Neville's punditry is the best, but others need to raise their game | Michael Cox

http://gu.com/p/3c5a6
  • nickthegun 27 Nov 2012 13:54:43 60,995 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its for similar reasons why Stan Collymore is my favourite radio pundit. All it takes is some genuine enthusiasm for the game, a willingness to talk openly about it and do a bit of due diligence and youre already head and shoulders above the rest.

I think, for too long, ‘meeja work’ is the expected path for a retired footballer and its created a bit of a comfort zone and an old boys network, with really shit pundits getting on TV because they were decent footballers. They just rock up, state the obvious and fuck off in their mercs.

• Widge Moderator 27 Nov 2012 13:57:06 13,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just had a good laugh at the smile that cracked across Wenger's face when asked about Barton's accent...

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 27 November 2012 13:57:46
    Yeah there is a kind of arrogance surrounding ex pros and people who work within the game that gave birth to the phrase "Football People" as if to say if you've never played the game you have no comprehension of the concepts within it and your opinion is void.

Gary Neville is a breath of fresh air.
  • Deckard1 27 Nov 2012 14:20:41 29,134 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cabaye and Taylor out until February for Newcastle. I'm starting to get a bad feeling this season.

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• nickthegun 27 Nov 2012 14:29:38 60,995 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wouldnt worry. Pards will still have another six years to get it right.

• yegon 27 Nov 2012 14:32:46 5,394 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    as if to say if you've never played the game you have no comprehension of the concepts within it and your opinion is void.
    Steve Claridge is the worst offender for this. Gah.
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 14:40:33
    Winds me up as well :D
  • Shikasama 27 Nov 2012 14:59:42 7,077 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    Aye, it's just so nearly there. I have high hopes for the game this evening, the trouble is that Reading have started to improve a lot too so I reckon there may be some goals in the game tonight. Just need Gabby to start firing again, I thought he'd turned the corner but some of his efforts against Arsenal were a bit suspect.
    Hasn't this been the story with Agbonlahor for years now? I can remember him having a really good season a couple of years ago but it always seems like Villa fans are always expecting next year to be 'his year' whilst the rest of the league has moved on from his early potential.

That sounds loads harsher than I actually mean it btw, but I think you get what I'm saying.
  • Gartt 27 Nov 2012 15:48:58 1,846 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be fair to Gabby, he's pretty much been converted into a winger and rarely plays through the middle anymore.

Edited by Gartt at 15:50:36 27-11-2012
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Nov 2012 15:58:52 17,279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Hasn't this been the story with Agbonlahor for years now? I can remember him having a really good season a couple of years ago but it always seems like Villa fans are always expecting next year to be 'his year' whilst the rest of the league has moved on from his early potential.

That sounds loads harsher than I actually mean it btw, but I think you get what I'm saying.
    Yes, pretty much this. I think he has been really mismanaged by a whole set of managers. It started with O'Neill who had him bulk up a great deal, this then led to a number of injuries and just as he gets going again and finds a few goals he gets injured.

He is looking more dangerous this season than the last two and I think he may well start to find some goals but I'm not holding out too much hope.

One thing that goes unnoticed is his assists and general link up play which has come on a great deal, him and Bent formed quite a nice partnership for a while with Gabby providing some very good service.

• Gartt 27 Nov 2012 16:09:14 1,846 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:

I think he has been really mismanaged by a whole set of managers. It started with O'Neill who had him bulk up a great deal
    I think all that muscle he put on a few seasons back really hurt his game, it cost him pace which was/is a huge part of his game. He is still quick, but I noticed in the Arsenal game that he couldn't beat Jenkinson or Ox for pace.
  • kalel 27 Nov 2012 16:10:40 89,185 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My view on Bent has not changed one iota. I love the idea of Liverpool buying him.
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Nov 2012 16:11:56 17,279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, exactly, he can still run quite a few players down but he's not nearly as quick as he was, time was he was probably the fastest player in the prem. Now he can at least do Mertersacker for pace ;-)

• Page

of 5611 First / Last