The all-new Premier League thread Page 2904

• Page

of 5658 First / Last

• Dougs 4 Nov 2012 22:52:33 69,498 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Seems that Huntelaar is on his way to Liverpool in January (if you believe all the journo tweets today).
    Interesting. That'll cost a bit in wages, I bet. 29 year old with 6 months left on his contract....
  • StarchildHypocrethes 4 Nov 2012 23:06:53 26,599 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I see no reason why he couldn't be as successful at Liverpool as his fellow Ajax Champ legend, Ryan Babel.
  • Syrette 4 Nov 2012 23:09:36 44,211 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thought Liverpool were in for Theo Walcott?

• Sid-Nice 5 Nov 2012 00:08:48 15,851 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A NONCE is an inmate who is segregated from other prisoners and classed as “Not On Normal Communal Exercise” a nonce is not necessary a paedophile or sex offender although (the majority are) sometimes prisoners are detained in the NONCE wing of a prison for their own safety “Mental health issues” etc.

My uncle was a prison officer (fucking screw) at Strangeways for 17 years and the local inmates nicknamed the NONCE wing the Spion Kop; I have no idea what references towards the Boer War and the siege of Ladysmith had to do with a nonce wing, although my uncle did say “A high percentage of the nonce inmates were Scousers.”

NNID Sid-Nice

• faux-C 5 Nov 2012 01:52:19 9,636 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Seems that Huntelaar is on his way to Liverpool in January (if you believe all the journo tweets today).
    Interesting. That'll cost a bit in wages, I bet. 29 year old with 6 months left on his contract....
    It certainly will as he has said that he wants to go to another Champions League club, so if he goes to Liverpool it's because they've spunked a fortune all over his face.
    Well Joe Cole should be gone in January, to either Spartak or West Ham, so even if we subsidise his ridiculous wages, that'll be a big chunk off the bill. We also slashed it massively in Summer anyway.

Huntelaar and Walcott would be an amazing filip, but I'm really not convinced it would be the right move longer term.

Lots of rumours about Ba as well, but us signing him would be the most surefire way to ensure his dodgy knees break for good. Hope we don't go down that route.
  • ecu 5 Nov 2012 04:12:43 77,312 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What wage is Joe Cole on then?

Edited by ecureuil at 04:12:53 05-11-2012
  • Dougs 5 Nov 2012 06:05:14 69,498 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    90k a week apparently. And we're offering Theo 75k so would at least have to be matched. Crazy. Still hopeful Theo will sign though.
  • FWB 5 Nov 2012 08:25:01 45,580 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So Suarez is Liverpool's Messi? I suppose he is playing in a different league from the rest of his team.
  • ResidentKnievel 5 Nov 2012 09:46:29 6,289 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, the racist league

For racists

Because he's a big racist

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Sid-Nice 5 Nov 2012 09:52:39 15,851 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    To be honest Suarez is world class; his movement off the ball and running through the channels etc. is second to none. Suarez would be really popular if he wasn't so ugly.

NNID Sid-Nice

• ResidentKnievel 5 Nov 2012 09:54:41 6,289 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    or racist

• Deleted user 5 November 2012 09:55:39
    And wasn't a racist cunt.
  • Ziz0u 5 Nov 2012 09:56:00 8,648 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And a diving cunt.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 09:56:37
    And just an absolute cunt of the highest order.
  • ResidentKnievel 5 Nov 2012 10:00:50 6,289 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He bites people

• nickthegun 5 Nov 2012 10:20:24 61,304 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And magically gain the ability to convert more than one chance for every 20 he shanks.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deleted user 5 November 2012 11:10:03
    Well, he's second top scorer in the league so far, one behind Van Persie, so it's looking like he finally had his sights re-calibrated.
  • nickthegun 5 Nov 2012 11:23:52 61,304 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Technically, 3rd behind Ba and he went into the game at the weekend with something miserable like a 12% conversion rate, or something like that, according to opta joe.

• Deleted user 5 November 2012 11:27:20
    Technically he's joint second top scorer. If the top scorer at the end of the season is tied, they give it to more than one person, as opposed to alphabetical order becoming a factor.

He's a quality player, and I think he'd have higher conversions in a better team. He's a bit desperate at Liverpool.

He is also a cunt though, natch.
  • Dougs 5 Nov 2012 11:36:54 69,498 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looks worse every time I see it:

http://bit.ly/TrWhUS
  • nickthegun 5 Nov 2012 11:41:30 61,304 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hes one of those players, like rooney, who will never be properly great because they are absolute vermin and it stops them from going on to the next level.

Its weird. I kind of admired him for his handball at the world cup. I would like to think any of my players would do the same in similar circumstances, but his time in England has shown it up as just a side effect from him being a horrible, cheating bastard.

The top scorer list does make for interesting reading, though. Its probably more important that he stays fit than when RVP was at arsenal.

And technically hes third. He has a three next to his name, which is all I need.

• faux-C 5 Nov 2012 11:53:19 9,636 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If Suarez got injured we would be completely fucked. Utterly totally fucked.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 11:53:34
    nickthegun wrote:
    And technically hes third. He has a three next to his name, which is all I need.
    Depends where you look :p
  • nickthegun 5 Nov 2012 12:04:12 61,304 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ugh! Well despite that it's incredible there isn't another pool player on that list.

• Dougs 5 Nov 2012 12:04:53 69,498 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ach, who needs a top scorer when you've got, errm, 3 in the top 20!
  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 12:33:51
    morriss wrote:
    Spurs have been rubbish today. And our fans are spoiled children.
    They are yes, although as ever it's more the general reaction on the dedicated Spurs boards that astonishes and disappoints me, as opposed to the booing.

I don't think booing is constructive and I try not to do it, but I'd be lying if I said I never have done. I think it's often an understandable response, and it's not really any different to sitting in front of a telly and having a rant at it. Just because someone's gone to a game doesn't mean they are obliged to cheer and clap even in the face of an appalling display. Some might even argue that paying a fortune gives you more of a right to demonstrate your disgust at such a thing.
  • nickthegun 5 Nov 2012 12:45:16 61,304 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can count on one hand the number of times I have booed. I will sit and moan to my brother and mates for 90 minutes but it has to be an absolute shambles for me to turn into a proper crank.

The last time I did it was after we were on a bad run and conceeded early. As soon as it went in the heads dropped and they put in as much effort as me in school PE.

I know ex-pro pundits say that players always try, but they didnt and it was obvious that they just wanted the match to end as soon as possible.

The booing I dont understand is the 0-0 at half time stuff. Shut the hell up dickheads.

• Dougs 5 Nov 2012 12:46:54 69,498 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    All depends whether you think booing will have a positive or negative impact on a team. Personally, I don't think it achieves anything but others differ and that's their opinion. Ranting online etc is pretty futile in the whole scheme of things, so whatever works for you imo.

Edited by Dougs at 12:47:52 05-11-2012
  • Page

of 5658 First / Last