The all-new Premier League thread Page 2842

  • Page

    of 5548 First / Last

  • TheMilkman 5 Oct 2012 00:00:18 216 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ha ha yeh, that sounds about right.

    He moans all bloody season anyway so I don't get why people tie such significance whether it's in september or April.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 5 Oct 2012 02:02:38 9,941 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Spanish paper AS says Guardiola will return to coaching next season and wants to coach in the PL, and Chelsea, City and Utd (if Ferguson retires) will try to sign him.
  • mikew1985 5 Oct 2012 07:53:35 12,892 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fergie sign him up to work under you and give him the job after your gone.

    /dreamer
  • Trowel 5 Oct 2012 08:18:09 17,910 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Average shots per game:

    1. Everton 20.7
    2. Real Madrid 19.7
    3. Bayern Munich 18.7

    It's just like the 80s \o/
  • Deleted user 5 October 2012 08:45:21
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Fergie sign him up to work under you and give him the job after your gone.

    /dreamer
    I hope we get moyes.
  • Dougs 5 Oct 2012 09:01:33 68,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Spanish paper AS says Guardiola will return to coaching next season and wants to coach in the PL, and Chelsea, City and Utd (if Ferguson retires) will try to sign him.
    Always assumed he'd end up at Chelsea tbh, purely as they rattle through managers and will chuck the most cash at him/team. City is a possibility if they tire of Mancini though I guess
  • Dougs 5 Oct 2012 09:34:05 68,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The full detail behind the Terry verdict has just been published....
  • The-Bodybuilder 5 Oct 2012 09:45:01 14,293 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Fergie sign him up to work under you and give him the job after your gone.

    /dreamer
    You really think the best young coach in the world who's recently won everything to be won at club level and can pretty much get almost any coaching jib he wants is gonna come to be a no.2? :-P
  • nickthegun 5 Oct 2012 09:48:06 60,506 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    The full detail behind the Terry verdict has just been published....
    We find the accused to be a cunt. 4 games.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Dougs 5 Oct 2012 09:57:13 68,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    \o/
  • Dougs 5 Oct 2012 10:14:35 68,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Amazingly, that's pretty much what the report seems to say:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19842795
  • roz123 5 Oct 2012 10:17:04 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Seems like the opposite to me. The FA thought he was guilty of racist abuse and his defence was bullshit but because he is not a racist and is such a great guy they only gave him a 4 game ban.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 5 Oct 2012 10:20:37 26,144 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, I seem to have missed something somewhere as I just heard on the radio that Rio Ferdinand graciously accepted Roy Hodgson’s apology for something I know nothing about.

    What horrific wrong has been committed on the massive drama queen now, then?
  • Dougs 5 Oct 2012 10:37:05 68,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hodgson was a giant bell end and disclosed to a fan on the tube in Wed that Rio wasn't in his next squad. He hasn't been in any of the others either, but that's beside the point it seems. Tactless, but far from heinous imo
  • THFourteen 5 Oct 2012 10:40:06 33,874 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    People moan that there is no connection between modern day footballers and "people"

    The real reason is that "people" are cunts, have an open conversation with Roy on the tube, brilliant.

    Then go blabbing to the press and create a story about it. Do you think Roy will ever talk to anyone on the tube again? No.

    Fucking cunts.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 5 Oct 2012 10:43:09 26,144 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, manager mentions that player no longer selected for England is not being selected for England. Manager then has to apologise for stating the bleeding obvious.

    When did Ferdinand become royalty who required everything to be run by him first?

    Tart.
  • Deleted user 5 October 2012 10:43:29
    Fuck was he doing on the tube anyway?
  • mikew1985 5 Oct 2012 10:45:52 12,892 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, just seems like such a strange thing to do. Some people have no decency anymore.

    I would never approach anyone famous or well known to talk to them in the first place, the whole idea of approaching someone you don't know AT ALL and asking them for an autograph or whatever just seems so odd to me.

    Ok I once saw SAF when working in Dublin airport, that was the most "star struck" I've ever been and I'd have probably said something to him as he was about to walk past but thats it. I wouldn't try to engage in deep conversation or ask for anything from them.

    Unfortunately the Airport police spotted him about to enter a normal pleb queue and quickly ushered him into the special securtiy entrance.
  • Deleted user 5 October 2012 10:49:03
    Yeah, as well as that if you heard what Roy actually said, it was along the lines of:

    "Roy, is Rio in"
    "I don't think so"

    Then in the apology, he just said he was sorry for how it had happened, simple as that.

    The headlines in the tabloids use words like 'grovelling Roy' etc

    Utter horse shit.
  • evild_edd 5 Oct 2012 11:12:54 3,147 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hodgson story really was much ado about nothing. As BTZN says, the papers were looking to make a big story out of nothing.

    "Fuck was he doing on the tube anyway?"

    I don't really see why he shouldn't be allowed to take the tube. Any Londoner knows that it's the quickest and most convenient way across town and I don't see why his status should exclude him from public transport if he wishes to travel in that way.

    As for discussing such things with the public - it was a slip and nothing more. As he said in the "apology", he'll keep travelling by tube and talking to the public, but he hopes people won't get offended now when he has to refuse to answer certain questions. All fair enough IMHO.

    John Terry is a cunt. Great player, but a vile and odious individual.

    Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

  • roz123 5 Oct 2012 12:08:42 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Spanish paper AS says Guardiola will return to coaching next season and wants to coach in the PL, and Chelsea, City and Utd (if Ferguson retires) will try to sign him.
    Always assumed he'd end up at Chelsea tbh, purely as they rattle through managers and will chuck the most cash at him/team. City is a possibility if they tire of Mancini though I guess
    The media had a boner over Guardiola coming to Chelsea at the end of the season but I wasn't that keen on it personally as he is in many ways unproven. Yes he did great at Barca but imo that amazing team comes from their academy rather then the manager.
    Mourinho is doing a lot of talking about coming back to the prem and in particular Chelsea, even though Di Matteo is doing a great job I would take him back mainly because of his personality.
  • reddevil93 5 Oct 2012 12:54:45 11,865 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Classy Ashley

    “@TheRealAC3: Hahahahaa, well done #fa I lied did I, #BUNCHOFTWATS”

  • King_Edward 5 Oct 2012 13:01:35 11,455 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Spanish paper AS says Guardiola will return to coaching next season and wants to coach in the PL, and Chelsea, City and Utd (if Ferguson retires) will try to sign him.
    Always assumed he'd end up at Chelsea tbh, purely as they rattle through managers and will chuck the most cash at him/team. City is a possibility if they tire of Mancini though I guess
    The media had a boner over Guardiola coming to Chelsea at the end of the season but I wasn't that keen on it personally as he is in many ways unproven. Yes he did great at Barca but imo that amazing team comes from their academy rather then the manager.
    Mourinho is doing a lot of talking about coming back to the prem and in particular Chelsea, even though Di Matteo is doing a great job I would take him back mainly because of his personality.
    The academy* he was promoted from you mean?


    *Didn't think they did academies in Spain.
  • jamievilla 5 Oct 2012 13:04:41 543 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Classy Ashley

    “@TheRealAC3: Hahahahaa, well done #fa I lied did I, #BUNCHOFTWATS”
    That's not for real? Surely he's not that stupid.

    Edited by jamievilla at 13:06:31 05-10-2012
  • reddevil93 5 Oct 2012 13:08:40 11,865 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jamievilla wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Classy Ashley

    “@TheRealAC3: Hahahahaa, well done #fa I lied did I, #BUNCHOFTWATS”
    That's not for real? Surely he's not that stupid.
    It is, verified account and the clubs official account follows him. He really is that stupid.

  • jamievilla 5 Oct 2012 13:13:57 543 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ha, that's hilarious. He does actually think he's above the authorities.

    Cue a ban for that clueless tosser.
  • reddevil93 5 Oct 2012 13:17:12 11,865 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chelsea PR Officer must be having a fun day.

    Had a quick look on a Chelsea forum to make sure it was real and they're saying it is, along with 'It's the FA's fault, they brought it on themselves'. Up there with RAWK some of the stuff on there.

  • Deleted user 5 October 2012 13:23:38
    haha.. SSN , it's real.
  • Dougs 5 Oct 2012 13:35:55 68,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lol, what a nob. 3 game ban, done. Hang on, he'd in my FF team....
  • faux-C 5 Oct 2012 13:49:54 9,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Lol, what a nob. 3 game ban, done. Hang on, he'd in my FF team....
    That was my exact thought process. I was going to get rid of him after the Norwich game anyway, maybe I'll just do it a week early.
  • Page

    of 5548 First / Last

Log in or register to reply