The all-new Premier League thread Page 2839

  • Page

    of 5621 First / Last

  • reddevil93 3 Oct 2012 17:06:44 11,956 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know, but like, we earned our money, wasn't doped, innit

  • nickthegun 3 Oct 2012 17:07:45 61,118 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Fergie's influence doesn't create as much of an unfair advantage as financial doping though.
    or the financial advantage you enjoyed for 20 years, allowing you to buy the best players in the world?

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • nickthegun 3 Oct 2012 17:08:28 61,118 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    I know, but like, we earned our money, wasn't doped, innit
    If you want a level playing field, vote for a salary cap.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • reddevil93 3 Oct 2012 17:10:14 11,956 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    I know, but like, we earned our money, wasn't doped, innit
    If you want a level playing field, vote for a salary cap.
    I'm all for it, sure were just like Spurs and Newcastle(the current one anyway), well run businesses, just on a bigger scale than them clubs.

  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 17:12:14
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Fergie's influence doesn't create as much of an unfair advantage as financial doping though.
    What kind of an argument is that?

    Stabbing someone in the face isn't as bad as dropping a bomb on their house.
  • kentmonkey 3 Oct 2012 17:14:12 20,883 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, that really all depends on whether someone was in the house or not.
  • nickthegun 3 Oct 2012 17:15:13 61,118 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    I know, but like, we earned our money, wasn't doped, innit
    If you want a level playing field, vote for a salary cap.
    I'm all for it, sure were just like Spurs and Newcastle(the current one anyway), well run businesses, just on a bigger scale than them clubs.
    Thats not even a proper sentence, much less an argument.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • reddevil93 3 Oct 2012 17:20:00 11,956 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    I know, but like, we earned our money, wasn't doped, innit
    If you want a level playing field, vote for a salary cap.
    I'm all for it, sure were just like Spurs and Newcastle(the current one anyway), well run businesses, just on a bigger scale than them clubs.
    Thats not even a proper sentence, much less an argument.
    I wasn't arguing, saying that United, like Spurs and Newcastle, are well run businesses operating within their means, just that United are on a higher level thanks to their success being at the time of the start of the Premiership. All clubs like this could do with financial restrictions put in place.

  • nickthegun 3 Oct 2012 17:24:05 61,118 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So you would be happy to be put on a level playing field with the rest of the league despite blah blah blah blah well run business?

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 17:30:21
    Interestingly the match officials lot have come out and said Foy hasn't been demoted, and it's pure coincidence that Foy will be refereeing a League 2 game next.

    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D
  • ecu 3 Oct 2012 17:40:15 77,237 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, didn't Howard Webb do a league 1 game a couple of weeks ago? Is that Fergie's fault too?
  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 17:43:05
    Ah, the reductio ad absurdum technique again. Very good.
  • SolidSCB 3 Oct 2012 17:51:34 7,209 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Taken a bit of a nosedive in here today.
  • morriss 3 Oct 2012 17:57:08 71,283 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    On a different tack, a great article on why gary neville is now great and no longer considered a despicable rat looking fuck stick:

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/oct/02/gary-neville-sky-tv-rio-ferdinand
    :'D
  • ecu 3 Oct 2012 18:05:07 77,237 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't really care, this all seems silly to me.

    I mean, are you saying Fergie is pulling all the strings in the FA? He says you're demoted, you're demoted. Is that it? The FA doesn't even select the match officials does it? I thought that was the Premier League, which is represented by all clubs.

    Or are you saying he doesn't have anything directly to do with it, but he's such a powerful figure in football they bow to him anyway? How about all the times they've fined and touchline banned him (more than any other manager in the English game, iirc). Why would they do that? Is it a tactic to throw people off from this massive corruption?

    What about all the times he criticised a ref and that ref didn't get demoted? Did the system break down? Do they plan this out so as only to punish refs a certain percentage of the time so it doesn't look suspicious? Please, enlighten me.

    It's getting really boring now. This is an incredibly serious allegation, and you either have actual proof that there's something going on (paper, audio, video evidence of corruption), or you should probably just leave it alone. If the FA are in on this then they're incredibly ballsy to demote him for this game. Why would they make it so obvious? Of course, it's plausible Foy was going to ref the League 2 game anyway, since as far as I know, there are more top flight refs than there are Premier League games every week, so at least a couple of them drop down the divisions every week. I also want to know why Fergie influence doesn't extend to cup draws and unfavorable league fixtures. I can only assume they have to leave some stuff random so people don't catch on, right?

    Doesn't matter anyway, since this corruption is so obvious, it's only a matter of time before it's exposed.
  • morriss 3 Oct 2012 18:31:26 71,283 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's a difference between politics and corruption.
  • MadCaddy13 3 Oct 2012 18:43:14 2,039 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    There's a difference between politics and corruption.
    Elaborate
  • ElNuevo9 3 Oct 2012 18:51:56 13,552 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well shit in a bag and punch it, it's like fucking RAWK in here.

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • The-Bodybuilder 3 Oct 2012 19:33:42 14,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wow, bit of a mess in here isn't?

    Can't we just go back to lollerpool?
  • disusedgenius 3 Oct 2012 19:44:48 5,534 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    This is an incredibly serious allegation, and you either have actual proof that there's something going on (paper, audio, video evidence of corruption), or you should probably just leave it alone.
    I think you have us confused with a court of law.
  • Mr_Sleep 3 Oct 2012 19:56:38 17,295 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    I heard that Villas-Boas had lost the dressing room due to terrible results and REFUSING to play Lloris
    I've heard it's because he bought Lloris some chips and then proceeded to flop his cock out and piss all over them. Then he made Lloris eat them while he masturbated over pictures of Lloris's mum. Then he said that Redknapp was just like Hitler and sucked from the goatlord's cock.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • thedaveeyres 3 Oct 2012 20:03:30 11,493 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Utd fans seem particularly susceptible to rustled jimmies.

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • LionheartDJH 3 Oct 2012 20:04:12 19,526 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As if that wasn't bad enough I heard he attacked an opposition fan with a sword.

    She dives for cheese pasties

  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 20:05:43
    ecureuil wrote:
    This is an incredibly serious allegation, and you either have actual proof that there's something going on (paper, audio, video evidence of corruption), or you should probably just leave it alone.
    You're too funny.
  • LionheartDJH 3 Oct 2012 20:06:22 19,526 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Utd fans seem particularly susceptible to rustled jimmies.
    That is an incredibly serious allegation.

    She dives for cheese pasties

  • thedaveeyres 3 Oct 2012 20:10:13 11,493 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /dons silks and wig

    I am prepared.

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • ecu 3 Oct 2012 20:13:05 77,237 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    This is an incredibly serious allegation, and you either have actual proof that there's something going on (paper, audio, video evidence of corruption), or you should probably just leave it alone.
    You're too funny.
    Seriously kalel. You're accusing him of corruption right? I just don't understand your angle. If you genuinely think there's something dodgy going on then it needs to be dealt with.

    Otherwise what's the point of even talking about it? You say Foy is demoted purely because of what Fergie said after the game at the weekend. Well that's a pretty fucking serious issue, isn't it? On one hand you're accusing Fergie/FA/whoever of corruption, or at the least suggesting Fergie has influence over decisions right at the top of the game. On the other hand you're being totally blasť about it all. You either think this is a real issue, or you're just on the wind up yet again. You can't have it both ways.
  • The-Bodybuilder 3 Oct 2012 20:16:44 14,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Man, Kalel must be loving this.
    So easy to troll United fans.
  • Page

    of 5621 First / Last

Log in or register to reply