• Page

of 5966 First / Last

• mikew1985 1 Oct 2012 17:44:57 13,544 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Boom! A sarcky triumvirate :)

To answer the question; he hasn't played presumably because Fergie seems to be giving Lindegaard a chance and he hasn't been "bad" in any of the matches he's played. I would say he also hasn't been what I'd call good in any game, hasn't particularly pulled off any good saves and his distribution isn't half as good as De Gea (often it's downright poor tbh).
    So he's bad despite not making mistakes and putting in consistently decent performances? Agreed that his distribution isn't great but he doesn't pass it out to oncoming strikers every 5 games.
    Like I said I just think Lindegaard is a bit average, strength is the only thing he currently seems to have over De Gea.

I think De Gea has miskicked a few times but I don't think many have gone straight to the opposition that I can think of (could be wrong).
  • ecu 1 Oct 2012 17:45:29 77,789 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    He's been mostly really good tbh. Don't know many Utd fans that don't like him because he makes more wonder saves than mistakes.
    It's actually more important in the PL to be the kind of keeper that bosses your area, than to be the kind of keeper who makes amazing saves.

If you show weakness or flappyness in your area, then the consequences are severe. Other teams will pick up on it and start bullying you in the box, and looking to exploit your weakness at every chance. It will also have an impact on your defence, in that they'll start to second guess the keeper and there'll be regular confusion. The result is your entire defensive unit becomes weakened and every single cross or set-piece becomes a nightmare.

This is what happened to Gomes (who was also a formidable shot-stopper) and it's what was starting to happen with De Gea, and it doesn't matter how many great saves you makes from direct shots as the general confusion that is introduced to the defensive unit is a far bigger problem.
    I agree, but he has talent and he won't get better by sitting on the bench. He was virtually flawless for the last 3 or 4 months of last season so he's shown he's capable of competing.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 17:48:48
    /shrug

We'll see what Fergie does I guess. I've maintained for a while now I don't think United will stick with him long term, and I stand by that.
  • King_Edward 1 Oct 2012 17:49:04 11,471 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think he gave one straight to Suarez, or it could've been Downing. No great danger of either of those two finding the net anyway.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 17:49:52
    Maybe they should loan him out to a lower table team or someone in the championship, he'd be alongside players of a similar standard then that he can learn from.
  • King_Edward 1 Oct 2012 17:51:37 11,471 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    De Gea is like a goalkeeping equivalent of Titus Bramble. The ability is clearly there, just never when you need it.
    What an odd player to use as a comparison. Or is it that De Gaea is generally very shit footballer but a hell of a sex fiend too?
    He's a doughnut thief. There's no limit to what that sort of villain is capable of.
    Hah, thought that was some sort of urban slang for a minute there until I googled up his misdemeanors :)
    Just to be clear, I was not suggesting gay people have no souls.:)
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 17:53:09
    King_Edward wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    De Gea is like a goalkeeping equivalent of Titus Bramble. The ability is clearly there, just never when you need it.
    What an odd player to use as a comparison. Or is it that De Gaea is generally very shit footballer but a hell of a sex fiend too?
    He's a doughnut thief. There's no limit to what that sort of villain is capable of.
    Hah, thought that was some sort of urban slang for a minute there until I googled up his misdemeanors :)
    Just to be clear, I was not suggesting gay people have no souls.:)
    What about ginger ones?
  • ecu 1 Oct 2012 17:53:36 77,789 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://i.imgur.com/kajad.gif
  • morriss 1 Oct 2012 18:33:47 71,284 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    I don't really see how he can be defended so much by the United fans when overlord Fergie clearly doesn't rate him. Seems reasonably obvious to me that if he was so awesome he'd be playing every week.
    Fergie isn't without his shortcomings.

Fucking hell, look at him playing Giggs yesterday. Said it in the United thread, but he really hasn't got a clue about our best team yet. Not that it's available at the moment, but that's a different matter. Clearly doesn't know how to use Kagawa, either.
    Just so I'm clear, you're saying you are a better judge of the quality of your players and how best to use them than Fergie is?
    Gareth Bale, he plays on the left. :)
  • ElNuevo9 1 Oct 2012 18:37:22 13,897 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    I don't really see how he can be defended so much by the United fans when overlord Fergie clearly doesn't rate him. Seems reasonably obvious to me that if he was so awesome he'd be playing every week.
    Fergie isn't without his shortcomings.

Fucking hell, look at him playing Giggs yesterday. Said it in the United thread, but he really hasn't got a clue about our best team yet. Not that it's available at the moment, but that's a different matter. Clearly doesn't know how to use Kagawa, either.
    Just so I'm clear, you're saying you are a better judge of the quality of your players and how best to use them than Fergie is?
    Oh fuck off. you know I'm not saying that. He's a genius, but even he can't get everything right all the time.

I'll remember the next time you criticise an AVB decision and point out that you think you know better than him.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 18:37:28
    @morriss

I do hate that :)

Everyone's entitled to a bit of a moan about what the manager does I guess, part of being a fan, but I think there's a line somewhere.

@elnino

Well the jury's out on AVB to a far greater degree than Fergie, but as I say, there's a line. That's a number of things you seem to think Fergie doesn't know what he's doing on.

Anyway fine, we'll stick to De Gea. You really think Fergie dropping him bears no relationship with his performances? It's no reflection on his quality as a keeper at all? Just Fergie not knowing what he's doing? If you say so.

Edited by kalel at 18:43:25 01-10-2012
  • SolidSCB 1 Oct 2012 19:43:56 8,510 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Christ. At this point I hope we sell De Gea just to shut everyone up about him.
  • THFourteen 1 Oct 2012 19:51:48 36,675 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ANYWAY

bit of a tasty game tonight imo.

looking for a Nolan hattrick for my poor FF weekend
  • FWB 1 Oct 2012 20:06:46 48,359 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh QPR!
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 20:10:01
    Wanting West Ham to win I think. Can't stand Mark Hughes.
  • Orange 1 Oct 2012 20:19:52 5,079 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bear in mind QPR losing makes Harry Redknapp's return to the Prem that much closer.
  • MadCaddy13 1 Oct 2012 20:22:30 2,300 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    ANYWAY

Me too.
  • Blakester 1 Oct 2012 20:24:16 3,754 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    QPR and Deputy Dawg seems like a match made in heaven to me.
  • Dougs 1 Oct 2012 20:28:57 72,169 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    ANYWAY

I'm relying on Bobby Zamora. :-/
  • prawnking1980 1 Oct 2012 20:40:46 6,671 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Orange wrote:
    Bear in mind QPR losing makes Harry Redknapp's return to the Prem that much closer.
    Time is ticking away.
  • FWB 1 Oct 2012 20:41:38 48,359 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Orange wrote:
    I'm predicting car windows before November.
  • Gruff 1 Oct 2012 20:43:19 3,065 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Orange wrote:
    Geez, even Blinky McUgly himself might turn his nose up at taking over the not so super hoops
  • captbirdseye 1 Oct 2012 20:45:15 6,144 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hughes really is an awful manager.
  • Dougs 1 Oct 2012 20:48:03 72,169 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lol:

Zamora heads over the bar. West Ham fans sing: 'Oh Bobby Zamora, we've seen that before'
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 20:50:40
    Gruff wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    Orange wrote:
    Geez, even Blinky McUgly himself might turn his nose up at taking over the not so super hoops
    He'd love it. It's his perfect job. Can only get better and they're happy to buy and sell 20 or 30 players every transfer window. The swiss'll have to hollow out a mountain for his dog's next safety deposit box.
  • Dougs 1 Oct 2012 20:51:26 72,169 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Heh, was thinking much the same thing. Just not as creatively
  • neilqpr 1 Oct 2012 20:58:08 2,902 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We deserve to be losing by more, utterly abject.
  • askew 1 Oct 2012 20:58:59 13,395 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

Move on.
    I quite like the way Rooney's doing that lean-back thing he does - he thought it was in :D
  • askew 1 Oct 2012 21:02:16 13,395 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    Gruff wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    Orange wrote:
    He'd love it. It's his perfect job. Can only get better and they're happy to buy and sell 20 or 30 players every transfer window. The swiss'll have to hollow out a mountain for his dog's next safety deposit box.
    And by the end of January he'd have reassembled his crew from Portsmouth and Tottenham: Crouch, Bent... maybe not Bent, Defoe et al
  • Page

of 5966 First / Last