The all-new Premier League thread Page 2541

• Page

of 5487 First / Last

• SuperCoolEskimo 5 Aug 2012 14:10:34 9,845 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have three tickets available for the men's Olympic football semi final at Wembley on Tuesday, Mexico vs Japan. KO is at 5pm and all three tickets are sat together. I'm selling them at face value, £30 each, and you also get a London Travelcard with each ticket too. Can post them out Special Delivery on Monday for delivery on Tuesday morning.

PM if interested!
  • ecureuil 5 Aug 2012 14:15:55 76,829 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NotSoSlim wrote:
    Sky Sports in on the Moura to United deal now
    They're just copying the story from the Daily Mail. If Fergie has stayed behind to tie up club business then it's probably something important. Just the fact that he's staying is enough ammo for journalists, even if they don't know the actual reason. Lucas is an easy name to tie to this story.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 5 Aug 2012 14:20:47 6,652 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    30 million is an awful lot of money for a 19 year old.
  • reddevil93 5 Aug 2012 14:24:18 11,777 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Evra's flown home from Oslo cause his wife is about to give birth. Leaves us with 4 Defenders and all of them CBs by trade.

• SolidSCB 5 Aug 2012 14:25:15 6,742 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Definitely a massive risk. I just hope Fergie and our scouting team have spent enough time on the guy to have got it right. Confidence isn't helped by the fact that we've had some absolute stinkers from South America for pretty big money in the past.
  • kentmonkey 5 Aug 2012 14:25:53 20,696 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Responding to a page back: Yeah, Ramsey was better pre leg break.

We should really loan him out to a Championship team this season to let him get some games. He is absolutely dire, was all of last season, totally out of his depth in the Prem (currently - he may get what he had back, but doubtful now I guess) and devoid of any confidence to try anything than a safe sideways or backwards pass it seems.

Surely it's better development for him to play at a level he'd be better suited to, get a lot of games under his belt and put in some good performances to get his confidence up and try him again at PL level next season.

Having just typed that though, with the full intention of that being in the Championship, I'm not even sure he'd be a definite starter for a Championship side. He may even find himself being rotated.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 5 Aug 2012 14:29:01 6,652 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, in the match against Swansea Ramsey was dire. Arsenal got out Arsenal'd.
  • SolidSCB 5 Aug 2012 14:31:53 6,742 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Evra's flown home from Oslo cause his wife is about to give birth. Leaves us with 4 Defenders and all of them CBs by trade.
    CRISIS! I assume Valencia will fill in at RB as he did at periods last season. Did we actually end up loaning Fabio to QPR in the end? Bit lacking in the left sided department cover wise if so, unless we have something up our sleeves? I keep hearing Leighton Baines' name being chucked about in connection with us. Think that's just paper talk, but I would love it if we actually got him.
  • ecureuil 5 Aug 2012 14:35:45 76,829 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, Evra will just miss this one pre-season friendly, won't he? I don't think it even matters.
  • Flightrisker 5 Aug 2012 14:36:16 18,138 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still no VDV for Spurs today:

Friedel; Naughton, Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto; Jenas, Livermore; Carroll, Lennon, Bale; Defoe.

Subs Cudicini, Bassong, Dawson, Vertonghen, Walker, Bentley, Huddlestone, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Kane.
  • SolidSCB 5 Aug 2012 14:38:04 6,742 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    True enough, but we could definitely do with some cover in that area.
  • reddevil93 5 Aug 2012 14:38:22 11,777 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Well, Evra will just miss this one pre-season friendly, won't he? I don't think it even matters.
    Yeah just today I assume, just a pitty Brady wasn't brought along as he looked promising there in other matches. Vidic starts :D

Fabio is gone on loan btw, yeah

• SolidSCB 5 Aug 2012 14:42:58 6,742 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Really hope we can keep Vidic and Ferdinand fit and together in the side for a good chunk of the season. We've been getting by on makeshift back fours for too long now. Need some consistency, it'll only help De Gea grow in confidence too.
  • Flightrisker 5 Aug 2012 14:46:40 18,138 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has Fryers officially left then?

Also on today Arsenal vs er, Nigeria.
  • Dougs 5 Aug 2012 14:51:19 67,812 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:

We should really loan him out to a Championship team this season to let him get some games. He is absolutely dire, was all of last season, totally out of his depth in the Prem (currently - he may get what he had back, but doubtful now I guess) and devoid of any confidence to try anything than a safe sideways or backwards pass it seems.

Surely it's better development for him to play at a level he'd be better suited to, get a lot of games under his belt and put in some good performances to get his confidence up and try him again at PL level next season.

Having just typed that though, with the full intention of that being in the Championship, I'm not even sure he'd be a definite starter for a Championship side. He may even find himself being rotated.
    Sorry KM, that's total bollocks imo. He had some iffy games and was overplayed because of Jack's injury but was decent for most of the season, especially before Christmas when he was expected to be our main creative force, at the age of 20, in his first full season. He has a way to go not least in picking the right pass but he is going to be a huge player for us. And if we get rid, someone else. He'll be scoring 10-15 goals per season easily in 2-3 years.
  • Dougs 5 Aug 2012 14:51:56 67,812 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Flightrisker wrote:
    Has Fryers officially left then?

Also on today Arsenal vs er, Nigeria.
    It's not, tour was called off.
  • Flightrisker 5 Aug 2012 14:55:30 18,138 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah ok, bad Wiziwig!
  • Deleted user 5 August 2012 14:58:27
    Limerick vs City on today too.
  • reddevil93 5 Aug 2012 15:00:54 11,777 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    “@TheRealAC3: Arsenal fans get over it, I left I won #ihaveastaronmyshirtnow”

Oh Ashley.

Crispy you hardly know what sort of squad is gone? My cousin is down at it

• kentmonkey 5 Aug 2012 15:01:10 20,696 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:

Sorry KM, that's total bollocks imo. He had some iffy games and was overplayed because of Jack's injury but was decent for most of the season, especially before Christmas when he was expected to be our main creative force, at the age of 20, in his first full season. He has a way to go not least in picking the right pass but he is going to be a huge player for us. And if we get rid, someone else. He'll be scoring 10-15 goals per season easily in 2-3 years.
    Couldn't disagree more. Well, I don't disagree he could be a huge player for us - hence why I suggested he went out on loan to get some confidence rather than being played at a level he isn't ready for, having people boo him, having fans rip him apart whilst he's on the pitch when, really, it's not his fault that he's not ready yet. He's young, has had a terrible injury and hasn't recovered his pre-injury form. He needs games.

However, you suggesting that he only had some iffy games for us is what I couldn't disagree more with. He was absolutely dire, wasn't able to make 5 yard passes in a lot of the games without constantly giving it away and most of his shots would have struggled to have hit the target had the goal been the whole pitch wide and 50 feet high.

He was awful. His 'Team GB' performances have been awful, playing against players that aren't even Championship quality in most cases and somehow managed to out shit a really shit team.

Loan him out, get him some games under his belt, get him fit again, restore some confidence and get him away from the Emirates for a year where he will be torn apart if he plays. If he stays, with the midfield we've got, if they all stay fit, he'll only get about 10-15 games anyway.

I like the lad. He seems like a down to earth decent bloke, which is rare in football, so I'd like to give the guy a chance. He won't make it though if he stays at Arsenal and isn't loaned out, IMO, as he won't be allowed to make the mistakes he is naturally going to make.
  • kentmonkey 5 Aug 2012 15:02:51 20,696 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I understand that I used the term 'if they all stay fit'. That was over ambitious of me.
  • THFourteen 5 Aug 2012 15:03:08 33,481 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I tend to agree with grumpymonkey ( :-) )on this one. Ramsey had tonnes of talent and potential a couple of years ago.

Last year he was pretty dire in every game I watched him in. Don't think its his fault poor fucker.
  • kentmonkey 5 Aug 2012 15:04:55 20,696 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @THFourteen Do you mind. I prefer cantankerous! :o)
  • Deleted user 5 August 2012 15:05:33
    reddevil93 wrote:
    “@TheRealAC3: Arsenal fans get over it, I left I won #ihaveastaronmyshirtnow”

Oh Ashley.

Crispy you hardly know what sort of squad is gone? My cousin is down at it
    Well be mostly first team I'd imagine, they did at Wolfsburg t'other day.
  • ecureuil 5 Aug 2012 15:06:51 76,829 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Possebon was never the same after this tackle. He didn't break his leg but he looked afraid to get involved in games after that.
  • Dougs 5 Aug 2012 15:40:47 67,812 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm sorry but to say he was shit in every game really is bollocks. He may not have been excellent but was OK or decent in most, poor in some. And when he was shit, he was really shit.

And there's one thing that can't be levelled at him (not that anyone really is) , it's not getting involved in games. If anything he tries too hard to force the issue. Never hides and that takes balls of steel.
  • Dougs 5 Aug 2012 15:43:01 67,812 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    To take a neutral 's pov, he scored 6.69/10 over the season as rated by WhoScored. Rank average.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/26820

Edited by Dougs at 15:46:14 05-08-2012
  • The-Bodybuilder 5 Aug 2012 15:45:13 14,211 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm with grumpy and TH14 too.
    I hate the fact he he gets quite a bit of stick, its clearly gonna take time for him to recover. Would like to see him loaned out, preferably to Swansea to give him more time to recover.
    I also think he was played out of position because up until last season, Wenger gave no indication of him being a CAM; mainly a classic CM type.

But Doug's you've always been somewhat over-optimistic (if that's a bad thing). :-P
    But I hate to say it, he was clearly our worst player last season, and that was before he got tired. Claiming him as "iffy" is like claiming Andy Carroll is a "little bit overpriced".

Put it this way, if he played for Liverpool, or Spurs, I don't think you would've been quite so forgiving about his performances.
  • Blotto 5 Aug 2012 15:45:40 2,776 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He was certainly shit towards the end of the season but he started well and had flashes of brilliance as well as periods of shitness.

Like you'd expect from a young player coming back from a leg break. I'm fairly convinced the talent is there.
  • kentmonkey 5 Aug 2012 15:48:04 20,696 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Dougs I used the word 'shit' to describe his Team GB performances.

And I've never before seen somebody try to win a point about a player being better than somebody else is suggesting with their final words being 'rank average'.
  • Page

of 5487 First / Last