• Blotto 8 Jul 2012 15:11:22 2,777 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's kind of my jam.
  • kentmonkey 8 Jul 2012 15:21:43 20,873 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    The whole .... supporters are always ..... amirite??? is getting pretty silly now.

The amount people moan isn't down to what football team they support, but you all obviously know that. If you feel Arsenal fans are moaning now, its not because "Arsenal fans always moan" its because something bigs just happened. Its like before the start of last season when the entire prem thread was literally filled with "Fucking Mike Ashley" posts from Newcastle fans.
    Still my favourite time period of this thread.

'Mike Ashley is fucking ruining our club. Ruining it. Selling the clubs best players and buying shit. He's just let Nolan go and got some dick in called Tiote. We're doomed. Doomed with that clown in charge. We'll be in the Championship. And Pardew is shit. We deserve so much better'.

I think that's about six months of posts successfuly summarised in four lines.
  • Blotto 8 Jul 2012 15:26:37 2,777 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What's the opinion on Ashley now? Cheapskate that got lucky or shrewd investor ensuring financial stability?
  • thedaveeyres 8 Jul 2012 15:27:02 11,474 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It took the average city fan about three sentences after 'coming out' before they started moaning about Utd in my experience. Almost like they have some kind of inferiority complex. Strange.

Edited by thedaveeyres at 15:27:28 08-07-2012

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• thedaveeyres 8 Jul 2012 15:34:36 11,474 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Speaking of Utd, Park to QPR is a strange one. And by strange I mean "a complete waste of money".

• King_Edward 8 Jul 2012 15:43:10 11,467 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    What's the opinion on Ashley now? Cheapskate that got lucky or shrewd investor ensuring financial stability?
    He's an arsehole. I wouldn't say he got lucky or that he's a cheapskate, as he did spend a lot of money fixing his own fuck ups.

@kentmonkey

Actually he sold Nolan and bought a cunt called Cabaye. Tiote came in the season before Nolan left.
  • thedaveeyres 8 Jul 2012 15:47:01 11,474 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a bloody good job Pardew worked out so inexplicably well in my opinion. Otherwise Ashley would be the subject of fat-bellied Geordie marches every week, and worse (again).

(apologies for my general irritability, I'm being made to watch the tennis... ;) )

• THFourteen 8 Jul 2012 15:51:25 34,246 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    YESSSSSSSS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18754735

THANK FUCK
  • Syrette 8 Jul 2012 15:52:44 44,094 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    The whole .... supporters are always ..... amirite??? is getting pretty silly now.

The amount people moan isn't down to what football team they support, but you all obviously know that. If you feel Arsenal fans are moaning now, its not because "Arsenal fans always moan" its because something bigs just happened. Its like before the start of last season when the entire prem thread was literally filled with "Fucking Mike Ashley" posts from Newcastle fans.
    Actually I do think some Arsenal fans (including on here) moan a lot, not just because of the Van Persie situation.

Maybe replace "moan a lot" with "really rather cynical".

• THFourteen 8 Jul 2012 15:53:35 34,246 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18762093

I'd take him on a two year deal

Backup for Song and allows just enough time for Frimpong and Coquelen to sort themselves out?
  • Blotto 8 Jul 2012 15:56:18 2,777 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Blotto wrote:

Actually I do think some Arsenal fans (including on here) moan a lot, not just because of the Van Persie situation.

I'm probably not in this thread enough to say for certain but from my experience there are Arsenal fans in here and in the group who are as you describe and there are some who are overly positive and then there's a few in the middle.

Maybe it just seems that way because there are quite a few Arsenal fans around?

Although actually, no offence, but reading your comment again its a bit silly and isn't saying anything. "Some Arsenal fans moan a lot". Yes, i'm some do. Replace the Arsenal with any other team and you're still correct. If you mean Arsenal fans moan more than others then I'd refer you back to my previous post.

Edited by Blotto at 15:56:50 08-07-2012

Edited by Blotto at 16:00:23 08-07-2012
  • King_Edward 8 Jul 2012 16:00:54 11,467 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    All fanbases are the same. No-one likes it when their club gets shafted.
  • Deleted user 8 July 2012 16:02:55
    Just about every "top" club in the EPL has some massive tool eg regular supporting them so sometimes it appears that there's more moaning than there really is.
  • Syrette 8 Jul 2012 16:05:54 44,094 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Blotto wrote:

I'm probably not in this thread enough to say for certain but from my experience there are Arsenal fans in here and in the group who are as you describe and there are some who are overly positive and then there's a few in the middle.

Maybe it just seems that way because there are quite a few Arsenal fans around?

Although actually, no offence, but reading your comment again its a bit silly and isn't saying anything. "Some Arsenal fans moan a lot". Yes, i'm some do. Replace the Arsenal with any other team and you're still correct. If you mean Arsenal fans moan more than others then I'd refer you back to my previous post.

Edited by Blotto at 15:56:50 08-07-2012
    It's not that difficult to understand.

Yes obviously fans of all clubs moan. What I meant is that some Arsenal fans seem to be amongst the most vocal/cynical. Not a criticism at all, just something I've noticed.

Most fans of other clubs are jealous of Arsenal, so I pick up on it a bit more than say a Villa fan moaning.

• THFourteen 8 Jul 2012 16:09:36 34,246 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think it's more just the same one or two fans moaning a lot.
  • Blotto 8 Jul 2012 16:11:00 2,777 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It would have been easier had you phrased it correctly.

Whatever, its a pretty unimportant point anyway, its the smallest things grate when there's no football on to argue about. If I don't vent my anger towards a referee/Wenger/fucking Wallcott once a week then I get all grumpy ;)
  • kentmonkey 8 Jul 2012 16:58:30 20,873 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I think it's more just the same one or two fans moaning a lot.
    Come on, lets just name names here...Me and you. :o)
  • The-Bodybuilder 8 Jul 2012 16:58:57 14,394 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    As stated before and I truly mean no offence, but how can the man made (in)famous for the "fan-o-meter" claim arsenal fans moan a lot?
  • kentmonkey 8 Jul 2012 16:59:26 20,873 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Blotto wrote:
    He's an arsehole. I wouldn't say he got lucky or that he's a cheapskate, as he did spend a lot of money fixing his own fuck ups.

@kentmonkey

Actually he sold Nolan and bought a cunt called Cabaye. Tiote came in the season before Nolan left.
    You are correct! It was Cabaye that the comparison was being made about at the time.
  • Syrette 8 Jul 2012 17:01:47 44,094 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    As stated before and I truly mean no offence, but how can the man made (in)famous for the "fan-o-meter" claim arsenal fans moan a lot?
    Not sure what anything to do with my own views (which I keep off this board for the most part now tbh) has to do with having an opinion about others.

• The-Bodybuilder 8 Jul 2012 17:04:21 14,394 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not making it personal, but surely you can see the irony of claiming arsenal fans moan a lot more than others when the same could be the said of Newcastle fans, you being chief amongst them.
  • Flightrisker 8 Jul 2012 18:51:06 18,138 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stop moaning about who moans the most and start talking about the Spurs revolution!

5 players have signed with us in the last 11 days, average age is 24.6 and that includes our new manager. :)
  • nickthegun 8 Jul 2012 19:03:20 61,056 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    Just about every "top" club in the EPL has some massive tool eg regular supporting them so sometimes it appears that there's more moaning than there really is.
    The amount of moaning done by said tools is directly proportional to the success of the club.

In five years time this place will be flooded with city fans bemoaning the fact that someone else is signing all the best players.

Waah waah waah, we cant afford to pay people 150k a week. Waah waah waah, we have signed some french guy.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Dougs 8 Jul 2012 19:30:18 69,065 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Football would be dull without people being arses, they've (or rather we've) always been there. Only difference now is that there're more platforms, as opposed to just down the pub post-game.

Edited by Dougs at 19:32:56 08-07-2012
  • nickthegun 8 Jul 2012 19:50:26 61,056 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh yeah, no doubt. My dad and my uncle are the two biggest cranks going. They spend at least one night a week, usually two putting the team to rights over the phone and my uncle is a big fan of phoning the local football phone in and telling everyone how they should have played on saturday.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Stickman 8 Jul 2012 20:54:46 29,664 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If everyone could stop buying our right backs all the time, that'd be super. Thanks.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Dougs 8 Jul 2012 21:00:11 69,065 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Oh yeah, no doubt. My dad and my uncle are the two biggest cranks going. They spend at least one night a week, usually two putting the team to rights over the phone and my uncle is a big fan of phoning the local football phone in and telling everyone how they should have played on saturday.
    Does your uncle still ring ClubCall too?

TalkShite has taken all this to a new level. Presenters being deliberately provocative just to get calls, and the numpties fall for it time and again. It's the callers that stop me listening, not Durham et al.
  • FWB 8 Jul 2012 21:41:58 45,175 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    We're doing well out of Rangers collapse.
  • Syrette 8 Jul 2012 21:48:49 44,094 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He's not that bad really.

• Trowel 8 Jul 2012 21:50:57 18,016 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ...that's my blind nan's dead friend's tea cup, and don't get me started on who made the scone >:(
  • Page

of 5619 First / Last