The all-new Premier League thread Page 7310

• Page

of 7376 First / Last

• You-can-call-me-kal 12 Sep 2017 09:33:20 9,889 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The problem with the likes of Henry, Wright, Sutton etc all saying they would have all gone for the ball in that situation, is that the rules have changed since they were playing. Itís a completely irrelevant point of view. Itís like Alan Hanson complaining if a player gets done for passing back to the goalie.

The debate is not whether the decision is right, but whether the rules are right. And frankly itís hard to argue when a nasty head injury is involved. Thatís literally the reason why the rule was brought in.

Itís also bullshit that Mane didnít know the goalie was there, as he wouldnít have needed to high kick at all if the goalie wasnít there. The natural thing to do is run onto the ball and control it with your chest or try and take it into your run. He only did that kick because it was the only way to beat the goalie.

I do sympathise with him as itís not the way he would have been taught to play the game, and pretty much every player would have the same instinct. But the game is always changing and evolving and usually for good reasons, and you have to adapt to the rules as theyíre written. If the ban is reduced that sets an incredibly dangerous precedent.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Sep 2017 09:33:21 10,980 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    BigKelvin wrote:
    Liverpool appeaping the length of Mane's ban after he assaulted someone. Always the victims. Twats to a man.
    You are a fucking evil cunt. Did you not hear the news about Hillsborough you fucking piece of shit? Fuck off and die.
    Really?
  • captbirdseye 12 Sep 2017 09:37:06 8,128 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well,† his name is Big Kelvin.
  • Baihu1983 12 Sep 2017 09:38:02 9,330 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @You-can-call-me-kal the thing is they all say they know it's now part of the rules but then say they don't think the rule should have been followed.

Same when ever their former team gets a goal disallowed because of the new offside rule (looking at you Keown)
  • Trowel 12 Sep 2017 09:39:27 21,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    The problem with the likes of Henry, Wright, Sutton etc all saying they would have all gone for the ball in that situation, is that the rules have changed since they were playing. Itís a completely irrelevant point of view. Itís like Alan Hanson complaining if a player gets done for passing back to the goalie.

The debate is not whether the decision is right, but whether the rules are right. And frankly itís hard to argue when a nasty head injury is involved. Thatís literally the reason why the rule was brought in.

Itís also bullshit that Mane didnít know the goalie was there, as he wouldnít have needed to high kick at all if the goalie wasnít there. The natural thing to do is run onto the ball and control it with your chest or try and take it into your run. He only did that kick because it was the only way to beat the goalie.

I do sympathise with him as itís not the way he would have been taught to play the game, and pretty much every player would have the same instinct. But the game is always changing and evolving and usually for good reasons, and you have to adapt to the rules as theyíre written. If the ban is reduced that sets an incredibly dangerous precedent.
    It's a sensible improvement in the laws, along the lines of the changes to tackling in rugby. For the protection of players and the better of the game.
  • superbob85 12 Sep 2017 09:45:47 7,976 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If Matt Richie was sent off would there be a question about Mane's sending off. The problem yet again is the refs being consistant in decisions.
  • the_milkybar_kid 12 Sep 2017 09:46:04 6,088 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    HisDudness wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Keep hearing people defend Mane saying he didnt see Ederson but doesn't that simply make jumping up like that even more reckless?

And pundits that keep saying they feel sorry for Mane? Fuck off.
    Sometimes you just have to take responsibility for where you stick your boot.
    Mane is a great player, and a pacy winger. And one afternoon, he goes off crazier than usual. The entire backline goes to the halfway line to defend. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he jumps in the air, studs up while he does it. He flies at me, and he says, "Why so serious?" He kicks me in the face with his boots. "Why so serious?!" He sticks the studs in my eye - "Let's put a smile on that face!" And... Why so serious?
  • SolidSCB 12 Sep 2017 09:50:31 9,921 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I don't think allowing players to challenge for the ball by raising your foot high enough cause serious head injuries to your opponent is really up for discussion tbh. 'He's got to go for it because he's a striker and he's a really, really nice guy IRL, honest!' isn't in any way changing the fact that his studs were high enough to connect with another man's skull.

See: Nani against Real Madrid a few years ago. Went into a 50/50 with an outfield player with his foot above head height, caught him in the chest, red card. It's not like there isn't a precedent for this sort of thing.
  • superbob85 12 Sep 2017 09:52:47 7,976 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Any tackle above a certain height should be flagged for a red.
  • nickthegun 12 Sep 2017 10:06:53 71,913 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't really see what the argument is about. It's a red and most people would have gone for it on instinct.

Mane gets suspended for doing something dangerous but his reputation remains intact because it wasn't aggressive.
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Sep 2017 10:29:52 7,721 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BigKelvin wrote:
    Liverpool appeaping the length of Mane's ban after he assaulted someone. Always the victims. Twats to a man.
    DM me, big man.
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Sep 2017 10:31:10 7,721 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    MrFlay wrote:
    BigKelvin wrote:
    You are a fucking evil cunt. Did you not hear the news about Hillsborough you fucking piece of shit? Fuck off and die.
    Really?
    Always the victims is direct reference to Hillsbrough.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Sep 2017 10:32:31 9,889 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Do you still risk lengthening a ban by appealing it?
  • nickthegun 12 Sep 2017 10:33:18 71,913 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh, hello. Internet fisticuffs. Are you going to give him a straightener for being mean about Liverpool?
  • challenge_hanukkah 12 Sep 2017 10:40:51 5,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Who was BigKelvin before this latest incarnation?
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Sep 2017 10:48:53 7,721 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Do you still risk lengthening a ban by appealing it?
    Yeah.

I'd have left it.
  • superbob85 12 Sep 2017 10:52:21 7,976 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't see how it could be rescinded.
  • SolidSCB 12 Sep 2017 10:57:44 9,921 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's gone all Football Factory in here.

Well almost, if Danny Dyer had starved himself to be 8 stone soaking wet and instead of getting into organised fights had just angrily typed 'ARE YOU MUGGING ME OFF IN FRONT OF MY FUCKING PALS' on a gaming forum while avoiding spunk covered tissues for an hour and half I'd definitely see the resemblance.
  • Negan 12 Sep 2017 11:18:03 307 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Do you dm him, big man?

Sounded serious.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Sep 2017 11:18:05 10,980 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'll PM you right in the facking cunt you facking pansy manc fack.
  • SolidSCB 12 Sep 2017 11:28:12 9,921 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SEE YOU YA CUNT, I'LL BLOCK YOU FIRST.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Sep 2017 11:37:32 9,889 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ...in a different context.
  • THFourteen 12 Sep 2017 11:58:19 46,214 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Negan wrote:
    Do you dm him, big man?

Sounded serious.
    Can we list peoples heights and weights in this thread please?
  • Baihu1983 12 Sep 2017 11:59:23 9,330 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The hell is going on with this topic this week?
  • SolidSCB 12 Sep 2017 12:10:00 9,921 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's the start of the season and all the good time Charlies haven't suffered enough disappointment to vanish again just yet.

Although City dry humping Liverpool has caused some hurt. But that's all Ederson's head's fault.
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Sep 2017 12:25:59 7,721 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    It's the start of the season and all the good time Charlies haven't suffered enough disappointment to vanish again just yet
    Becoming increasingly familiar with crushing disappointment at your gaff.
  • SolidSCB 12 Sep 2017 12:35:47 9,921 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't act like you wouldn't give your left bollock for a community shield. They probably have to keep plastic forks in the canteen at Melwood now cos the poor cunts are allergic to silver.
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Sep 2017 12:38:12 7,721 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Again, virtually identical poor northern town mocks neighbour in same situation.

Tory behaviour.
  • Page

of 7376 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.