The all-new Premier League thread Page 5425

  • Page

    of 5658 First / Last

  • SolidSCB 2 Sep 2014 19:08:56 7,366 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just on the subject of Ronaldo, I couldn't help but to have a quick check of his Real Madrid stats. 255 goals in 250 games. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • FWB 2 Sep 2014 19:09:14 45,580 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    @Daeltaja If Cleverley is so dump why is it that Fergie purchased him and played him regularly? He clearly has some talent. that it didn't quite work out at Man Utd doesn't make him shit any more than Veron, Forlan or countless others weren't shit.
    Cos managers get it wrong sometimes. Martinez sees something in him. He sees a lot in him. No idea what that is.
  • Deleted user 2 September 2014 19:10:16
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Ronaldo was a freak bit of luck for us. He handed us our arse in a friendly and we snapped him up almost immediately. Certainly wasn't on the radar as guys like Neymar and Hazard were.
    He was also iirc a bit of a reaction purchase to Ronaldinho choosing Barca over United, which is its own little reflection of the supposed lure of the PL over La Liga.
  • SolidSCB 2 Sep 2014 19:10:49 7,366 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I can only imagine he makes a hell of a brew or something.
  • prawnking1980 2 Sep 2014 19:25:06 5,193 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hard Life
  • ElNuevo9 2 Sep 2014 20:01:15 13,596 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Ronaldo was a freak bit of luck for us. He handed us our arse in a friendly and we snapped him up almost immediately. Certainly wasn't on the radar as guys like Neymar and Hazard were.
    Fergie goes into more depth in his autobiography; the notion that we bought him on that performance isn't true. In fact, we'd been after him for over a year and had rejected Quaesma on the basis we could have Ronaldo the year later. Ronaldo actually knew he was a United player when he played for Sporting against us in that friendly.

    I get what you mean about Hazard/Neymar, though.

    Edited by ElNino9 at 20:04:07 02-09-2014

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • superbob85 2 Sep 2014 20:07:25 2,814 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Quaresma is another that has wasted his talent. Great at porto rubbish everywhere else. You could tell ronaldo was going all the way to the top.
  • Dougs 2 Sep 2014 20:08:52 69,496 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wenger tells it slightly differently...

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cristiano-ronaldo-close-signing-arsenal-2326757
  • FWB 2 Sep 2014 20:09:56 45,580 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good thing he didn't go Arsenal. Wenger would have only turned him into a keeper.
  • President_Weasel 2 Sep 2014 20:14:40 9,656 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    Hard Life
    Heh. 42 grand a day though, jesus.
  • The-Bodybuilder 3 Sep 2014 00:48:23 14,439 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Good thing he didn't go Arsenal. Wenger would have only turned him into a keeper.
    Nope, central midfielder.
    Everyone is a Central Midfielder in Wenger's world.
  • Dougs 3 Sep 2014 08:17:14 69,496 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Brilliant article on the transfer window here:

    http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/23/blog/post/2016490/deadline-day-in-the-premier-league-has-become-more-important-than-the-football-itself
  • THFourteen 3 Sep 2014 08:32:57 34,468 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cancelled my FIFA preorder

    No way I'm playing with Danny Welbeck.
  • Fab4 3 Sep 2014 08:45:36 6,216 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When I heard Rio say he was going to 'explode' at Arsenal, my genuine first thought was that he was booby-trapped.
  • PES_Fanboy 3 Sep 2014 08:56:14 18,914 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Cancelled my FIFA preorder

    No way I'm playing with Danny Welbeck.
    Buy PES, play with Denny Wallback
  • THFourteen 3 Sep 2014 09:11:56 34,468 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lol!
  • PES_Fanboy 3 Sep 2014 09:12:45 18,914 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He'll be a ginger white guy too
  • Daeltaja 3 Sep 2014 09:15:09 1,184 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    @Daeltaja If Cleverley is so dump why is it that Fergie purchased him and played him regularly? He clearly has some talent. that it didn't quite work out at Man Utd doesn't make him shit any more than Veron, Forlan or countless others weren't shit.
    Cos managers get it wrong sometimes. Martinez sees something in him. He sees a lot in him. No idea what that is.
    He has had some many chances and bottled every one. He cant pick a pass, is easily pushed off the ball, looks like a deer in the headlights when he has to carry the ball forward, doesn't contribute assists or goals (even he has admitted he's "not that kind of player") and his only relative skill is to pass the ball sideways. He'd need someone creative right next to him in order to make him look good but I would argue that that is just covering up his many shortfalls.

    Edited by Daeltaja at 09:15:58 03-09-2014
  • THFourteen 3 Sep 2014 09:18:16 34,468 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pass the ball sideways?

    Get Wenger on the phone pronto
  • Deleted user 3 September 2014 09:19:48
    I'm willing to bet a considerable amount of money that Cleverly is more shit than Veron and Forlan.
  • THFourteen 3 Sep 2014 09:21:50 34,468 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Forlan was pretty fucking turd.
  • Deleted user 3 September 2014 09:22:57
    No, he was class. Seriously proper class.
  • thedaveeyres 3 Sep 2014 09:23:22 11,585 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Forlan was pretty fucking turd.
    Only for United.

    Edited by thedaveeyres at 09:23:44 03-09-2014

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • THFourteen 3 Sep 2014 09:25:10 34,468 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He only scored goals when he went over to Spain, and we all know how pony their league is right?
  • Mr_Sleep 3 Sep 2014 10:19:39 17,368 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I'm willing to bet a considerable amount of money that Cleverly is more shit than Veron and Forlan.
    Well, yeah. I didn't spend the time to think of closer examples, it was a suggestion that players can appear to be shite at certain clubs and at other clubs they will actually be good.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Mr_Sleep 3 Sep 2014 10:25:51 17,368 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Daeltaja wrote:
    He has had some many chances and bottled every one. He cant pick a pass, is easily pushed off the ball, looks like a deer in the headlights when he has to carry the ball forward, doesn't contribute assists or goals (even he has admitted he's "not that kind of player") and his only relative skill is to pass the ball sideways. He'd need someone creative right next to him in order to make him look good but I would argue that that is just covering up his many shortfalls.
    Well this has me excited about our latest purchase! :-) While you have clearly watched him more than me may I suggest one thing: passing sideways is rarely the fault of the player doing it, rather it's the fault of the people in front for not getting into space or making a run.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Dairyfree 3 Sep 2014 10:30:15 1,630 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    I'm willing to bet a considerable amount of money that Cleverly is more shit than Veron and Forlan.
    Well, yeah. I didn't spend the time to think of closer examples, it was a suggestion that players can appear to be shite at certain clubs and at other clubs they will actually be good.
    But you could see they had talent still. Cleverley is just proper shite.
  • Mr_Sleep 3 Sep 2014 10:32:52 17,368 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I guess we'll see.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • darkmorgado 3 Sep 2014 10:36:59 15,598 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    We already have.

    Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

  • Steve_Perry 3 Sep 2014 10:38:25 5,200 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    He's a professional footballer, so he isn't shite. He just can't hack it at the top level. Just taking this discussion to its internet nitpicking final conclusion.
  • Page

    of 5658 First / Last

Log in or register to reply