The all-new Premier League thread Page 5251

  • Page

    of 6783 First / Last

  • PES_Fanboy Funniest Forumite, 2015 26 Jul 2014 08:04:37 37,785 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ignore the troll?
  • PES_Fanboy Funniest Forumite, 2015 26 Jul 2014 08:10:30 37,785 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's absolutely unprecedented for an English left back to leave his boyhood team for a rich club paying him huge money, though.

    Right, Jose?
  • Frogofdoom 26 Jul 2014 08:16:55 2,403 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    What was wazza on when he joined man u?
    Someones grandmother mostly
  • faux-C 26 Jul 2014 10:28:12 11,175 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    I can take his point because it could upset the wage structure but I don't think it's unprecidented for a club to jizz wages on a teenager. Might be wrong.

    What was wazza on when he joined man u?
    130k a week for a teenage fullback is pretty mental.
  • neilqpr 26 Jul 2014 11:59:42 2,911 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    DreadedWalrus wrote:
    How's Ravel Morrison thought of these days? There was a period where everyone considered him to be "the one that got away", but I haven't followed him lately.
    Turned the corner a bit in terms of getting his head down but not getting what you'd call fabulous support from his manager:

    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/20/sam-allardyce-ravel-morrison-agent-west-ham

    Sam wants shot of him, reckon 'Arry might snap him up, he did okay for QPR last season.
    Doubt we'll go for him, he was great in some games, absent in others.

    Was an unused sub in the playoff final, which tells you quite a bit.
  • President_Weasel 26 Jul 2014 12:04:15 11,784 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Great football intelligence, very very little actual intelligence.
  • ElNuevo9 26 Jul 2014 14:52:40 14,091 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    I can take his point because it could upset the wage structure but I don't think it's unprecidented for a club to jizz wages on a teenager. Might be wrong.

    What was wazza on when he joined man u?
    130k a week for a teenage fullback is pretty mental.
    He's supposedly on 100k.
  • faux-C 26 Jul 2014 15:02:20 11,175 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    I can take his point because it could upset the wage structure but I don't think it's unprecidented for a club to jizz wages on a teenager. Might be wrong.

    What was wazza on when he joined man u?
    130k a week for a teenage fullback is pretty mental.
    He's supposedly on 100k.
    Oh, that's ok then.
  • ElNuevo9 26 Jul 2014 15:04:02 14,091 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not quite sure why you're so outraged?

    In demand teenage footballer earns ridiculous money shocker.
  • faux-C 26 Jul 2014 15:05:11 11,175 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Who said I was outraged? More of a wry smile actually.
  • The-Bodybuilder 26 Jul 2014 15:18:35 16,156 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Which other teenager, after only one good season in the league, makes 100k+ (tbf, most report much higher, so I suspect the lowering is to save face)?

    Someone name them please?
  • FWB 26 Jul 2014 15:24:48 52,173 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think the most nerving thing here is how such a bunch of ickle underdogs can afford such a wage? I mean, how on earth are the brave little Utd finding that money? They're going to go bankrupt. I've been assured it is just City and Chelsea who have cash to splash.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 26 Jul 2014 15:26:44 6,401 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I remember Lucas Moura got 200k a week to join PSG when he was 19. I don't know any more recent examples though.
  • SolidSCB 26 Jul 2014 15:37:06 9,574 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The whole 'he's a teenager' thing is a seriously skewed way of looking at it anyway. Take for example Andy Carroll. Same sort of age bracket when he signed for Liverpool, signed for a similar transfer fee and I'm sure his wages weren't cheap. But I'm sure someone will come along and tell me that's completely different.
  • President_Weasel 26 Jul 2014 15:38:53 11,784 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    The whole 'he's a teenager' thing is a seriously skewed way of looking at it anyway. Take for example Andy Carroll. Same sort of age bracket when he signed for Liverpool, signed for a similar transfer fee and I'm sure his wages weren't cheap. But I'm sure someone will come along and tell me that's completely different.
    Horses don't live nearly as long as humans, innit
  • Deleted user 26 July 2014 16:37:17
    You know it was Mourinho the Cunt who said this, and not faux, right?
  • FWB 26 Jul 2014 16:42:50 52,173 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    He's taken it as fact though.

    Kroos supposedly wanted 90k. The reason the Utd move didn't go through... apparently.

    God, I love rumours.

    Edited by FWB at 16:43:18 26-07-2014
  • Trowel 26 Jul 2014 16:45:05 20,342 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Speaking of rumours, there are claims Lukaku is set to join... Wolfsburg... :(
  • FWB 26 Jul 2014 16:49:11 52,173 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    There are hundreds of rumours on Lukaku. One Spanish paper says Real are looking at him. I gave up ages ago. Well, know, that's a lie. After he went back I never really expected him to return. I am more worried that if we are waiting on it, we will be missing out elsewhere and it'll be a manic purchase at the end. I do have faith in Roberto, but he does like to buy tat too /cough Kone /cough.
  • Deleted user 26 July 2014 16:51:20
    Reading between the lines, his agent is trying to stir up interest but actually there isn't much.
  • Tom_Servo 26 Jul 2014 16:57:53 18,082 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kone was pretty good for Wigan and he spent most of last season crocked, didn't he? Worth giving him another chance, surely?
  • FWB 26 Jul 2014 17:01:37 52,173 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Indeed he was injured. And thank christ he was, cos the times he was on the field he was atrocious.
  • Tom_Servo 26 Jul 2014 17:03:13 18,082 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wiki says he's made five appearances for Everton. Give the boy a chance!
  • FWB 26 Jul 2014 17:05:04 52,173 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Six too many in IMHO.
  • faux-C 26 Jul 2014 17:08:07 11,175 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    He's taken it as fact though.
    It's not just Mourinho - it's been widely reported a 120k+ since it became known Shaw and Utd were in talks.

    Anyway, it doesn't really matter - 120k a week or 60k doesn't affect the supporters, but such an inflated wage for a largely unproven teenager sort of has a scent of desperation about it don't you think? A statement of Utd's relevance rather than a sound financial decision.

    See also: Andy Carroll.
  • FWB 26 Jul 2014 17:10:10 52,173 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Not saying you're wrong, just saying you took it as a fact. May well be true.

    Do agree that if it is around that then it is a crazy wage. But these be crazy money times and Utd can afford it.

    Edited by FWB at 17:11:01 26-07-2014
  • The-Bodybuilder 26 Jul 2014 17:47:43 16,156 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Not saying you're wrong, just saying you took it as a fact. May well be true.

    Do agree that if it is around that then it is a crazy wage. But these be crazy money times and Utd can afford it.
    But I thought they were pauper underdogs struggling TL offer the crazy wages the likes of only City and Chelsea could do?
  • Page

    of 6783 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.