The all-new Premier League thread Page 5165

  • Page

    of 5619 First / Last

  • The-Bodybuilder 23 Jun 2014 14:15:37 14,395 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Cole for Gallas plus cash is the most obvious one I can remember.
    Eto + Cash for Ibra is the one I remember the most.
  • President_Weasel 23 Jun 2014 14:16:48 9,603 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Actually why are you bothering with transfer rumours full stop?

    It's not like there's no football...
    You make a compelling point.
  • mcmonkeyplc 23 Jun 2014 14:20:18 39,515 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well I just don't get it. Why bother with that bullshit when we have one of the best world cups in my life being played out?

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • The-Bodybuilder 23 Jun 2014 14:21:16 14,395 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    There was a belter on RAWK yesterday; someone suggesting Suarez wouldn't leave because his wife apparently finds Liverpool similar to Uruguay.

    You have to admire his optimism, only on RAWK could they put a positive spin on that. Wasn't Suarez born in the slums?
    His wife lives in Barcelona incidentally.
    Is that really true? I've heard it before, but surely it can't be.
    As a proclaimed family man, if it's true, there's no way he could stay in England for much longer if his wife and kids live in Spain. I know I wouldn't.

    But then, the Kop is a magical place, worth abandoning your family for.
  • Dougs 23 Jun 2014 14:22:08 69,079 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Well I just don't get it. Why bother with that bullshit when we have one of the best world cups in my life being played out?
    Because it whiles away the hours at work when there is no WC on?
  • mcmonkeyplc 23 Jun 2014 14:27:07 39,515 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Well I just don't get it. Why bother with that bullshit when we have one of the best world cups in my life being played out?
    Because it whiles away the hours at work when there is no WC on?
    I suppose. I just read up on the world cup games that were played last night and the previews for today instead.

    Then again, I hate transfer bullshit at any time.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • spindle9988 23 Jun 2014 14:46:17 3,660 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love tranfer bullshit. Makes the world go round
  • TheSaint 23 Jun 2014 14:49:18 14,721 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The world cup can still inspire some transfer debate. For example who could United convince to waste their money on Nani?
  • karlo87 23 Jun 2014 14:52:45 1,670 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well I read on facebook that liverpool aren't willing to sell Luis and are standing firm.

    So there we go, facebook confirmation.

    Damn that sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and Im wankered on Rohypnol.

  • superbob85 23 Jun 2014 15:25:07 2,659 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Can see a few Costa Rica boys getting moves into Europe after impressing. That's what the World Cup is all about.
  • Dougs 23 Jun 2014 15:32:37 69,079 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    There was a belter on RAWK yesterday; someone suggesting Suarez wouldn't leave because his wife apparently finds Liverpool similar to Uruguay.

    You have to admire his optimism, only on RAWK could they put a positive spin on that. Wasn't Suarez born in the slums?
    His wife lives in Barcelona incidentally.
    Is that really true? I've heard it before, but surely it can't be.
    As a proclaimed family man, if it's true, there's no way he could stay in England for much longer if his wife and kids live in Spain. I know I wouldn't.

    But then, the Kop is a magical place, worth abandoning your family for.
    Rumour is, she's got family there. Not actually his wife. Either way...
  • nickthegun 23 Jun 2014 15:34:04 61,057 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    superbob85 wrote:
    Can see a few Costa Rica boys getting moves into Europe after impressing. That's what the World Cup is all about.
    The world cup is about players engineering moves to other clubs?

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • superbob85 23 Jun 2014 15:36:42 2,659 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    That's become the norm after world cups happens every 4 years.
  • Tom_Servo 23 Jun 2014 15:41:48 18,083 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Eh?
  • nickthegun 23 Jun 2014 15:47:29 61,057 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think his lead dev needs to spend some time bug fixing his AI sub routines.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • The-Bodybuilder 23 Jun 2014 15:51:41 14,395 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    superbob85 wrote:
    That's become the norm after world cups happens every 4 years.
    The norm doesn't make it the purpose.
  • faux-C 23 Jun 2014 16:10:05 9,531 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    There was a belter on RAWK yesterday; someone suggesting Suarez wouldn't leave because his wife apparently finds Liverpool similar to Uruguay.

    You have to admire his optimism, only on RAWK could they put a positive spin on that. Wasn't Suarez born in the slums?
    His wife lives in Barcelona incidentally.
    Is that really true? I've heard it before, but surely it can't be.
    As a proclaimed family man, if it's true, there's no way he could stay in England for much longer if his wife and kids live in Spain. I know I wouldn't.

    But then, the Kop is a magical place, worth abandoning your family for.
    Rumour is, she's got family there. Not actually his wife. Either way...
    Yeah, I'm pretty certain that's not true. His kids go to school in Liverpool and his wife seems to be at all the games.
  • faux-C 23 Jun 2014 16:11:18 9,531 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not that it really matters either way.
  • Dougs 23 Jun 2014 16:14:31 69,079 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I dunno, all these things add up to help someone if there is a move in the offing. It's not the primary reason of course, just a consideration.
  • Bremenacht 23 Jun 2014 16:32:27 19,393 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    His favourite grandma lives in Lordship Lane, as does his bessie mate.
  • ElNuevo9 24 Jun 2014 09:48:03 13,546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks like Ander Herrera to United could be announced very soon, everywhere in Spain saying it's done and could be completed today. 36m, 4yr contract.

    Better late than never eh, Ed.

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • askew 24 Jun 2014 09:52:21 12,574 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pricy, though.
  • thedaveeyres 24 Jun 2014 09:53:53 11,477 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I expected United to be aiming a little higher.

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • mcmonkeyplc 24 Jun 2014 09:58:12 39,515 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Looks like Ander Herrera to United could be announced very soon, everywhere in Spain saying it's done and could be completed today. 36m, 4yr contract.

    Better late than never eh, Ed.
    I've heard that his buy out clause goes up to 40m on the 1st of July. Maybe Woody is learning?! :)

    That's assuming this isn't total bullshit, which it probably is. :p

    Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 10:01:05 24-06-2014

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • ElNuevo9 24 Jun 2014 10:06:06 13,546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    I expected United to be aiming a little higher.
    I take it you've never seen him play? He's had an excellent season.

    We need more in midfield, but he's a great addition.

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • nickthegun 24 Jun 2014 10:07:56 61,057 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hes pretty much exactly the kind of player you should be going for.

    But, yeah, I do know a few united fans who seem to think that the only way back into the big time is to spunk the entire WAR CHEST on two or three marquee signings when, in reality, they need about six good players rather than a couple of great ones.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • mcmonkeyplc 24 Jun 2014 10:17:59 39,515 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's just retarded though. We practically need an entire team from midfield back to DeGea. We need to spend money on a 1 or 2 great signings in key positions (Midfield + defence) then many decent squad players.

    Then cull the useless twats from last season.

    Although we don't want to do a Spurs...that didn't exactly work unless they count coming 6th an achievement. :p

    Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 10:19:55 24-06-2014

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • thedaveeyres 24 Jun 2014 10:20:34 11,477 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've seen him play a few times. He's alright in a lopsided league surrounded by Basques.

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • nickthegun 24 Jun 2014 10:24:58 61,057 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Although we don't want to do a Spurs...that didn't exactly work unless they count coming 6th an achievement. :p
    You havent got a choice, really. Your current squad is fucking useless.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Page

    of 5619 First / Last

Log in or register to reply