The all-new Premier League thread Page 4801

  • Page

    of 5966 First / Last

  • mikew1985 31 Mar 2014 09:15:37 13,543 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You are not - I hope you're enjoying the season, it's been a great one for ye.

    I also hope with all my heart that City twomp you at Anfield ;)
  • mikew1985 31 Mar 2014 09:18:01 13,543 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blew his cover almost immediately. Poor attempt SD.
  • robc84 31 Mar 2014 09:21:25 7,728 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nice pic though....

    I remember when this thread used to be a peaceful place where football was discussed.

    Damn Liverpool fans ;-)
  • captbirdseye 31 Mar 2014 09:22:48 6,144 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Think I preferred it when it was the Spurs thread :D.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2014 09:22:50
    mikew1985 wrote:
    You are not - I hope you're enjoying the season, it's been a great one for ye.

    I also hope with all my heart that City twomp you at Anfield ;)
    It's been a bit of surprise of a season, to be honest. Rodgers has really managed incredibly well. Hopefully it will last the course, but I'm expecting the wheels to come off pretty much every weekend (years of conditioning). I'm hoping the City match will be a cracker - 2 attacking teams with lots to play for, should be a good one for the neutral (and excruciatingly nail-biting for the fans).
  • robc84 31 Mar 2014 09:25:05 7,728 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Think I preferred it when it was the Spurs thread :D.
    You don't know what you've got til it's gone :)

    Still lots of Spurslol's to be had though.
  • Blakester 31 Mar 2014 09:26:59 3,754 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    tincanrocket wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    You are not - I hope you're enjoying the season, it's been a great one for ye.

    I also hope with all my heart that City twomp you at Anfield ;)
    It's been a bit of surprise of a season, to be honest. Rodgers has really managed incredibly well. Hopefully it will last the course, but I'm expecting the wheels to come off pretty much every weekend (years of conditioning). I'm hoping the City match will be a cracker - 2 attacking teams with lots to play for, should be a good one for the neutral (and excruciatingly nail-biting for the fans).
    I keep looking at the table and calculating how many more points we need to guarantee Champions League football :-)
  • mcmonkeyplc 31 Mar 2014 09:30:18 39,854 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's like an overnight invasion!

    Top tip don't expect a warm welcome if you only come into this thread to gloat.

    With that I would just like to state for one of the last times.

    CHAMPIONS!:p
  • captbirdseye 31 Mar 2014 09:30:54 6,144 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Think I preferred it when it was the Spurs thread :D.
    You don't know what you've got til it's gone :)

    Still lots of Spurslol's to be had though.
    Sad times indeed. At least once Chelsea and City beat them then we'll be back to normal. We can then get back to debating how Arfa is better than Bale.
  • robc84 31 Mar 2014 09:37:32 7,728 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @captbirdseye

    I don't think there is a debate to be had. Bale's just not in the same class.

    I'm not sure who I want to win to win the league really. Liverpool play some great stuff and have some good English players. But some of their fans can be a bit intolerable when they are winning.

    Then there is Chelsea and City, and I don't like either of them. I almost find myself wanting Arsenal to win!
  • captbirdseye 31 Mar 2014 09:43:36 6,144 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Interesting look back at people's predictions for this season :D.
  • TheSaint 31 Mar 2014 09:44:03 15,675 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Southampton's latest financial results are... 'interesting':

    The club posted a net loss of 7.1m and will enter the summer window owing 27m in outstanding transfer fees.

    A bill in excess of 30m is also pending for their new training ground.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26813363

    Lallana to Spurs is nailed on isn't it.
    I'd be worried if we were facing the drop but it isn't a huge amount in premier league terms. Especially as a big chunk of that will be Osvaldo who hopefully we can offload in the summer.

    The training ground costing twice as much as the original estimate is a bit of a shocker though.

    It just goes to show that we were probably right to reorganise things at the top despite all the negative publicity it generated.
  • mcmonkeyplc 31 Mar 2014 09:45:27 39,854 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Interesting look back at people's predictions for this season :D.
    I always say Liverpool will win the league just to Jinx them....this is the first year in a long time where it appears to have backfired :)
  • nickthegun 31 Mar 2014 09:48:41 63,910 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I still find it hard to believe that people had 4th down as a bad finish for united.

    Thats Arsenals spot.
  • robc84 31 Mar 2014 09:49:44 7,728 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I still find it hard to believe that people had 4th down as a bad finish for united.

    Thats Arsenals spot.
    Yeah, and hands off 5th. That's where Spurs finish.
  • captbirdseye 31 Mar 2014 09:50:29 6,144 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Interesting look back at people's predictions for this season :D.
    I always say Liverpool will win the league just to Jinx them....this is the first year in a long time where it appears to have backfired :)
    Hehe, pretty funny reading Utd fans thinking top 4 was a dead cert :p.


    CHAMPIONS
  • mcmonkeyplc 31 Mar 2014 09:53:04 39,854 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well saying anything in football is a "dead cert" is pretty stupid really.


    What are you Champions of? Wales? No that's Swansea. :p
  • captbirdseye 31 Mar 2014 09:58:44 6,144 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oooohhh :p. We are the champions of Malaysia.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2014 10:02:14
    Hopefully next season it will all be back to business as usual and the Glazers will stick with Moyes so Man Utd can once again proudly say

    CHAMPIONSHIP ;)

    Edited by tincanrocket at 10:03:04 31-03-2014
  • modestmunch 31 Mar 2014 10:26:42 105 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ScouserDave wrote:
    Its a joke the hate we're getting at the mo. Its just jealousy and ignorance. We're the best team, the best fans and after Hillsborough we deserve this. Its time to believe.
    Seems legit.
  • Dougs 31 Mar 2014 10:30:55 72,163 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Interesting fact, assuming LFC have to win all their games to win the league (inc 2 vs City and Chelsea), that will be 14 wins on the spin. Only achieved once by a top flight team (AFC in 01/02 and 02/03).
  • captbirdseye 31 Mar 2014 10:33:51 6,144 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They won't as they'll probably drops points against one of the crap teams like Norwich or Palace as well as losing to City/Chelsea.
  • nickthegun 31 Mar 2014 10:37:47 63,910 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    City and Chelsea have both got a derp left in them.
  • TheSaint 31 Mar 2014 10:40:24 15,675 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    They won't as they'll probably drops points against one of the crap teams like Norwich or Palace as well as losing to City/Chelsea.
    I'm hoping for a loss to West Ham with a couple of Carrol goals for extra lols.
  • captbirdseye 31 Mar 2014 10:49:01 6,144 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A combination of Carroll, Downing and Cole would be awesome.
  • thedaveeyres 31 Mar 2014 11:03:42 12,102 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've just woken up. I fainted dead away after reading a Cardiff fan on here moaning about how other fans are thugs.

    I this doesn't invite a reply or the irony might tear a rift in the space-time continuum. :)
  • captbirdseye 31 Mar 2014 11:09:56 6,144 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    I've just woken up. I fainted dead away after reading a Cardiff fan on here moaning about how other fans are thugs.

    I this doesn't invite a reply or the irony might tear a rift in the space-time continuum. :)
    Family club of the year for a few years running now :p.

    I must admit that we are far and away a totally different club from 15 years ago and as much as it pains me to say this that is down to Risdale. I think we've only had about 4-5 arrests this year which is pretty good going even when the Police have been total dickheads for away games this year.
  • nickthegun 31 Mar 2014 11:20:52 63,910 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cardiff is a bit of a different city now, though. And I think once a club expands and starts actively courting the middle classes, it drastically changes the kind of person that goes.

    its why the likes of Milwall are still supported by utter vermin. Shithole of a place and still a cheap and nasty club.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2014 11:31:17
    I was once on a train between Cardiff and (going to) Swansea on a Swansea match day. It was... hell.
  • Page

    of 5966 First / Last

Log in or register to reply