The all-new Premier League thread Page 4776

• Page

of 5658 First / Last

• SolidSCB 27 Mar 2014 01:00:14 7,362 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Honestly, when it became obvious we weren't going to defend our title, I said to a few people I'd rather Liverpool win it than Chelsea or City, but now I'm the complete opposite. It isn't jealousy, it isn't because they are our biggest rival, it isn't even Suarez. It's their fans. There's a difference between being proud of your team's progress, results and achievements and being an insufferable and at times, unpleasant bellend about it all.

Obviously unfair to tar everyone with the same brush and all, but there have been a large enough percentage of these people for me to wish them no sucess at all.
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Mar 2014 01:24:24 17,365 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    Saw a United fan say he would rather Liverpool win the tittle over Chelsea and City on Sky Sports News earlier. He said we deserve it because we haven't bought it like Chelsea and City. Completely agree with him ;)
    That's just delusion speaking.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Nades 27 Mar 2014 01:39:53 1,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Nades wrote:
    Saw a United fan say he would rather Liverpool win the tittle over Chelsea and City on Sky Sports News earlier. He said we deserve it because we haven't bought it like Chelsea and City. Completely agree with him ;)
    Haven't you spent around 100mil in the last couple of seasons?
    Yeah? The point is Chelsea and City are only where they are now days because of money. Before they got taken over they were fighting relegation/mid-table teams, they have never been big clubs. We've always been a big club, we didn't buy our way to success.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: EU-Nades

• Dougs 27 Mar 2014 06:59:09 69,479 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Just seen the end of the Swansea/Arsenal game. Dodgy. Ref extends time to let two Arsenal attacks and the second Swansea are through on goal, he blows. Suspicious.
    I haven't seen it since, but didn't he blow 30 seconds after the 4 mins injury time indicated, with the additional 30 secs being for their goal?
  • FWB 27 Mar 2014 08:04:58 45,578 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Their goal was in the 89min, injury time hadn't been indicated. And Guzman was through on goal at the end.

Edited by FWB at 08:05:33 27-03-2014
  • Youthist 27 Mar 2014 08:08:13 10,083 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maybe he blew as time was up.

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• FWB 27 Mar 2014 08:10:24 45,578 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My point was that time was up way before, but Arsenal were attacking so he let it go... twice. But as soon as Swansea had a clear chance...

I was under the impression that time gets blown when there is no "action", so to speak. Either way you look at it, it was dodgy.

Edited by FWB at 08:10:41 27-03-2014
  • Youthist 27 Mar 2014 08:12:56 10,083 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't believe there is a rule about "no action"....time is up when time is up

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• FWB 27 Mar 2014 08:14:14 45,578 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well if there isn't, he still gave it to Arsenal.
  • kentmonkey 27 Mar 2014 08:14:37 20,923 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't think it's no action, more allowing the current phase to end.

I haven't seen it though. Once the OG went in I lost interest.
  • FWB 27 Mar 2014 08:16:45 45,578 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The phrase had certainly not ended for Guzman. He was closing in on a one-on-one. Anyway, I understand why Monk was aggrieved.
  • Youthist 27 Mar 2014 08:21:35 10,083 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fuck Monk. Back in the day refs blew after a corner was taken before it reached the penalty spot!

• FWB 27 Mar 2014 08:24:28 45,578 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You are completely ignoring my point about having allowed Arsenal chances to attack after the time. Guarantee we'd be hearing about it if the roles were reversed. ;)

Anyway, I can't be bothered. :)

Edited by FWB at 08:25:04 27-03-2014
  • Youthist 27 Mar 2014 08:30:51 10,083 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We are hearing about it! Anyway I like saying "Fuck Monk"

• Dougs 27 Mar 2014 08:52:22 69,479 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Their goal was in the 89min, injury time hadn't been indicated. And Guzman was through on goal at the end.
    Ah, I assumed it was in injury time.

Not sure there is a hard and fast rule about when to blow up, I always assumed it was when time was up, time's up. The only thing it can be extended for is a penalty. It's not rugby...!
  • twelveways 27 Mar 2014 08:57:31 4,191 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They usually extend until the end of the current attacking play, not sure exactly what the rule is though.
  • mcmonkeyplc 27 Mar 2014 09:09:29 39,566 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Honestly, when it became obvious we weren't going to defend our title, I said to a few people I'd rather Liverpool win it than Chelsea or City, but now I'm the complete opposite. It isn't jealousy, it isn't because they are our biggest rival, it isn't even Suarez. It's their fans. There's a difference between being proud of your team's progress, results and achievements and being an insufferable and at times, unpleasant bellend about it all.

Obviously unfair to tar everyone with the same brush and all, but there have been a large enough percentage of these people for me to wish them no sucess at all.
    This, totally this. Before this wonderful fucked up season I would've been fine with Liverpool winning but actually seeing them get close and taunt us has bought home that they are our biggest rivals and they must not be allowed to win. EVER! :p

Oh sorry, the conversations moved on.

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 09:13:34 27-03-2014

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Dairyfree 27 Mar 2014 09:17:50 1,620 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    There's no way you can be serious by saying you wanted Liverpool to win it?

I'd rather anyone else but Liverpool win it, doped up clubs or not. The ingrained hatred of Liverpool will never stop just because some clubs have more money.
  • THFourteen 27 Mar 2014 09:31:35 34,463 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    FWB wrote:

Not sure there is a hard and fast rule about when to blow up, I always assumed it was when time was up, time's up. The only thing it can be extended for is a penalty. It's not rugby...!
    In FIFA it only ever blows up when the ball crosses the halfway line
  • mcmonkeyplc 27 Mar 2014 09:43:16 39,566 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dairyfree wrote:

I'd rather anyone else but Liverpool win it, doped up clubs or not. The ingrained hatred of Liverpool will never stop just because some clubs have more money.
    I wouldn't want them to win it. I would've just preferred them to win it but I was obviously deluded by years of success. Now in the cold light of defeat I've been bought back to reality. They must not win :)

• Blakester 27 Mar 2014 09:55:17 3,664 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Dairyfree wrote:

I wouldn't want them to win it. I would've just preferred them to win it but I was obviously deluded by years of success. Now in the cold light of defeat I've been bought back to reality. They must not win :)
    I guess when your season has imploded, you can gain a small amount of pleasure from supporting whatever team your rival is playing. :-P

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Kay 27 Mar 2014 10:09:53 17,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    FWB wrote:

From the highlights on Arsenal.com it looked like he blew 30 secs early (after indicating 4 minutes of injury time), when one of their players was pretty much through on goal to boot. I can totally understand why Monk was not happy with that, if that happened to us we'd be livid.
  • kentmonkey 27 Mar 2014 10:11:05 20,923 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well we can't have bribed him. We're too tight.
  • THFourteen 27 Mar 2014 10:18:10 34,463 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    if that happened to us we'd be livid.
    You'd be more livid if the ref played on and giroud booted it over the bar.
  • mcmonkeyplc 27 Mar 2014 10:19:13 39,566 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Dairyfree wrote:

I guess when your season has imploded, you can gain a small amount of pleasure from supporting whatever team your rival is playing. :-P
    Just learning from you guys. :p

• Blakester 27 Mar 2014 10:26:22 3,664 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Blakester wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Dairyfree wrote:

Just learning from you guys. :p
    Fair play, I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

• thedaveeyres 27 Mar 2014 10:36:35 11,584 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I desperately hope Liverpool win it, just to put the icing on the cake of Man U's season. :)

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Blakester 27 Mar 2014 11:51:20 3,664 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Snaffled from the Guardian:

"David Moyes's problems at Manchester United have intensified after it emerged supporters are planning to send a plane over Old Trafford during their game against Aston Villa on Saturday pulling a banner calling for him to be sacked.

Arrangements are being made for the plane to carry a message "Wrong One - Moyes Out" as a response to the "Chosen One" banner that has hung inside the stadium since the former Everton manager was appointed as Sir Alex Ferguson's successor."

The big question - will he look up?

• nickthegun 27 Mar 2014 11:56:20 61,284 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wonder if they will stick with this as long as they stuck with 'green and gold, get it sold'?

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• imamazed 27 Mar 2014 11:59:22 5,953 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I wonder if they will stick with this as long as they stuck with 'green and gold, get it sold'?
    I always like to think they're actually Canaries fans.
  • Page

of 5658 First / Last