The all-new Premier League thread Page 4712

• Page

of 5247 First / Last

• mcmonkeyplc 10 Mar 2014 10:51:03 39,384 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I said Liverpool would win the league at the start of the season and no one believed me.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE NO!

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 10:51:21 10-03-2014

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Blakester 10 Mar 2014 10:56:20 3,567 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    I said Liverpool would win the league at the start of the season and no one believed me.

For Liverpool to win the league, they need to beat City, Chelsea and Spurs at home and Utd away and probably 3 or more of their other remaining games.

It's not impossible of course, but if you offered me 4th right now, I'd bite your arm off.

This season has already shown that just when you think you've worked it out, something bonkers happens.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Youthist 10 Mar 2014 10:57:33 10,010 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We are also getting away from the fact that Phil Jones was fucking dreadful on Saturday. Proper, couldn't do anything right type dreadful.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• THFourteen 10 Mar 2014 11:01:43 32,856 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd normally want Liverpool to win the league out of any other team apart from Arsenal, i can even look beyond the bitey racist c*nt, but recently Liverpool fans have been a bit unbearable, not just here, but on my facebook and in the office too, so i'm not sure i could cope.

Despite the fact that football dies a bit every time City or Chavs win anything.

The games liverpool had against city and chelsea earlier in the season suggests to me they COULD win them at home. they were very unlucky.
  • TheSaint 10 Mar 2014 11:03:07 14,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Proper, couldn't do anything right type dreadful.
    Aside from scoring obviously.
  • morriss 10 Mar 2014 11:04:37 70,911 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No-one cares about their team more than Tim Sherwood. That's what I've learned today.
  • mcmonkeyplc 10 Mar 2014 11:09:44 39,384 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I'd normally want Liverpool to win the league out of any other team apart from Arsenal, i can even look beyond the bitey racist c*nt, but recently Liverpool fans have been a bit unbearable, not just here, but on my facebook and in the office too, so i'm not sure i could cope.

Despite the fact that football dies a bit every time City or Chavs win anything.

The games liverpool had against city and chelsea earlier in the season suggests to me they COULD win them at home. they were very unlucky.
    If you guys weren't so inconsistent we wouldn't be in a position of having to prefer Chelsea or City as champions!

Of course if we weren't so utterly shit we could've also prevented it. Hopefully we can go a step towards making amends to this woeful situation on Sunday :)

• Youthist 10 Mar 2014 11:10:26 10,010 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Youthist wrote:
    Hence my 88 minutes thing. And the goal he literally had zero to do except touch it with his thick skull. He could not pass, defend, tackle or trap the ball. As a bonus, he gave the ball away continuously in dangerous areas. To talk about this liability even being near the England squad is farcical, but then again, well, England.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Blakester 10 Mar 2014 11:15:54 3,567 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    No-one cares about their team more than Tim Sherwood. That's what I've learned today.
    He cares so much, he happily threw some of his team under the proverbial bus.

• Kay 10 Mar 2014 11:18:07 17,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fairly obvious that Chelsea will win the league now. Liverpool are fighting with us for 3rd, possible second even if Man City start slipping up.
  • nickthegun 10 Mar 2014 11:20:39 58,782 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dont think I have ever heard anyone complain that their players get along too well before.

Fuck being mates, we want some LIONS like JT on the pitch.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• morriss 10 Mar 2014 11:28:23 70,911 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RARRRGGHHH!

S'funny though, because 2 months ago, the players weren't enjoying themselves enough...

Edited by morriss at 11:28:49 10-03-2014
  • reddevil93 10 Mar 2014 11:28:27 11,373 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:
    Youthist wrote:
    Hence my 88 minutes thing. And the goal he literally had zero to do except touch it with his thick skull. He could not pass, defend, tackle or trap the ball. As a bonus, he gave the ball away continuously in dangerous areas. To talk about this liability even being near the England squad is farcical, but then again, well, England.
    You're genuinely the only person I've seen that thinks Jones had an awful game on Saturday. Not saying he was amazing or that but he was fairy solid and nowhere near as bad as you're making out, it's odd.

Also Fellaini really was quite good, watched a compilation of all his involvement in the match and his positional sense really is excellent at times.

• TheSaint 10 Mar 2014 11:39:43 14,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone remember City moaning about how much Arsenal were charging them for away tickets a while back?

For our game up there next month they want 47 (a few quid less than the 52 they wanted last season) for a Saturday midday game that's live on TV.

Might have been tempted to make a weekend of it but that price for a TV game is a total piss take.
  • THFourteen 10 Mar 2014 11:45:23 32,856 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    47?

cheap at twice the price. :-(
  • TheSaint 10 Mar 2014 11:47:57 14,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's one way to subsidise cheap home tickets I suppose.
  • Bremenacht 10 Mar 2014 11:48:01 17,600 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    This season has already shown that just when you think you've worked it out, something bonkers happens.
    I quite fancy Spurs to beat Liverpool. An early Adebayor goal could set up a fantastic game. Fantastic, as opposed to embarrassing and awful as Spurs implode and let another 5 in.
  • mikew1985 10 Mar 2014 11:49:10 12,585 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Someone could have run 50km during a game, but if all they were doing was chasing after the ball and being out of position all the time, they were shite.

but statistically they were awesome.
    That is a ridiculous example thf :D
  • mcmonkeyplc 10 Mar 2014 11:51:37 39,384 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Blakester wrote:
    I quite fancy Spurs to beat Liverpool. An early Adebayor goal could set up a fantastic game. Fantastic, as opposed to embarrassing and awful as Spurs implode and let another 5 in.
    Errm Man Utd are playing Liverpool and Arsenal are playing Spurs this weekend...

• Bremenacht 10 Mar 2014 12:30:34 17,600 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

For Liverpool to win the league, they need to beat City, Chelsea and Spurs at home and Utd away and probably 3 or more of their other remaining games.
    Yeah, I'm referring to this bit mcmonkey. End of March, that game.
  • Bremenacht 10 Mar 2014 12:33:15 17,600 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Having said that, I quite fancy Spurs to beat Arsenal at home too! How the Arsenal fans would hate us for wrecking their season! How the Arsenal fans would taunt us for not getting into the CL again! \o/
  • Blakester 10 Mar 2014 12:38:07 3,567 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If I was a betting man (and I'm not), I'd have a few quid on a score draw in both of the Sunday games.

• Tom_Servo 10 Mar 2014 13:35:26 17,277 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Players correct ref's bad decisions in Bundesliga game

Nice.
  • spindle9988 10 Mar 2014 13:43:56 3,490 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am a liverpool fan but I would be shocked (and delighted) if we won it this year. I think we will finish 3rd ahead of arsenal, which I would take now.

you just never know though
  • kalel 10 Mar 2014 16:37:03 86,261 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So, no gay then?
  • Dairyfree 10 Mar 2014 17:11:23 1,019 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    More twitter bollocks apparently.
  • Shikasama 10 Mar 2014 17:35:07 6,603 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I dont think I have ever heard anyone complain that their players get along too well before.

Fuck being mates, we want some LIONS like JT on the pitch.
    Mediawatch did a great thing highlighting how the Daily Mail deliberately misquoted Villas Boas so they could stick the boot in when he criticized the collective performance of the club.

And of course when Sherwood throws his players under a bus, absolving himself of even an iota of responsibility for the performance, it's all fine...and still AVBs fault.
  • morriss 10 Mar 2014 18:49:50 70,911 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What's all this throwing under a bus thing? Hve I missed something major?
  • kalel 10 Mar 2014 18:54:19 86,261 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The media reported his "fury" at the players' performances, although when I saw the actual footage he seemed more dejected than furious. I didn't really get the sense that he was putting all the blame on the players either, although he did specifically say the players needed to be more gutsy.

Not a fan really though. I usually support our managers to the hilt, but I don't really have much time for Tim. Don't think he's got a clue really.
  • Nipz69 10 Mar 2014 18:55:18 40 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I'm another who thought Jones had a good game. Ok, he made a few mistakes but overall he put himself about well. ...especially with a few 'body on the line' challenges to block shots. He's a powerhouse and a future captain. I think people forget he's only 22. Such a good utility player as well. Once he fully establishes himself at centre back he'll be another Pallister.
  • Page

of 5247 First / Last