• teamHAM 1 Feb 2014 13:12:34 2,946 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shola hasn't scored in nearly 30 games.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Deckard1 1 Feb 2014 13:14:43 27,995 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is Cisse injured? It's bizarre to not even have him in the squad when we're stuck with fucking shola up front.
  • Syrette 1 Feb 2014 13:16:14 43,501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    But he's scored against this lot a few times over the last decade man.

Forget the fact that he's absolutely useless, and Pardew is somehow still giving him starts.

The football we're playing is abysmal too, post-Cabaye.

• teamHAM 1 Feb 2014 13:17:34 2,946 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Is Cisse injured? It's bizarre to not even have him in the squad when we're stuck with fucking shola up front.
    Apparently he has a knock....

• Syrette 1 Feb 2014 13:19:40 43,501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Santon wants replacing in the summer. Whilst Serie A clubs still think he's any good.

• teamHAM 1 Feb 2014 13:21:17 2,946 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    But he's scored against this lot a few times over the last decade man.

Forget the fact that he's absolutely useless, and Pardew is somehow still giving him starts.

The football we're playing is abysmal too, post-Cabaye.
    The Ameobi brothers should be nowhere near the bench, let alone in the starting eleven.

• Syrette 1 Feb 2014 13:24:00 43,501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sammy did alright against Norwich and Shola is the Mackem 'Destroyer'. He's also an absolute embarrassment of a footballer who should have gone a long time ago, who hasn't scored in 30 games, and whose existence on the pitch encourages this awful hoofball we'd seemingly eradicated from our thoughts.

• teamHAM 1 Feb 2014 13:25:23 2,946 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A few players heads have gone now. Wouldn't surprise me if this finished 0-6 with us down to nine men.

Worst part of it all, you know nothing will happen about it. It will just be business as usual for Fat Mike. He doesn't give a shit.

• Syrette 1 Feb 2014 13:28:06 43,501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @teamHAM

If this game had been the other side of the window closing, and Ashley/Kinnear had a clue, you'd think at least this game would force their hand a little bitl

• mikew1985 1 Feb 2014 13:29:36 12,742 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How does anyone in that Swansea team let Shelvey take that free kick over De Guzzman?
  • Deckard1 1 Feb 2014 13:29:50 27,995 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's set up nicely for a second half De Jong hatrick of overhead kicks.
  • SparkyMarky81 1 Feb 2014 13:36:59 565 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well that was 47 minutes of fucking uselessness from Newcastle. I can't think of a single plus to that. Shola can't even kick a ball properly.

If JFK was in front of me right now, I'd call him a cunt and nut him.
  • teamHAM 1 Feb 2014 13:38:43 2,946 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If we lose today, it'll be the first time since 1923 that we've lost three league games in a row against Sunderland.

So they could have a hat trick of wins against us and win the league cup aswell. Strange, we don't want to compete in the cups because there isn't enough financial reward.

• White_Shadow 1 Feb 2014 13:48:25 2,537 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    If we lose today, it'll be the first time since 1923 that we've lost three league games in a row against Sunderland.

So they could have a hat trick of wins against us and win the league cup aswell. Strange, we don't want to compete in the cups because there isn't enough financial reward.
    On the other hand, they could get stuffed in the final and get relegated. I'm sure those 3 derby wins will be worth it though
  • nickthegun 1 Feb 2014 14:02:21 59,937 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yay, Andy Carroll is back.

Oh..

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• graysonavich 1 Feb 2014 14:03:55 7,353 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wonder how many cameras went on Big Samô expecting him to do something funny again.
  • kalel 1 Feb 2014 14:10:07 87,689 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Swansea freefall continues. Anyone still think Laudrup is the next big thing?
  • nickthegun 1 Feb 2014 14:17:56 59,937 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I heard hes not being tapped up by Real Madrid.

• THFourteen 1 Feb 2014 14:26:39 33,439 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh. Parnoob
  • THFourteen 1 Feb 2014 14:27:04 33,439 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Swansea freefall continues. Anyone still think Laudrup is the next big thing?
    I'd only want him if we couldn't get Owen Coyle.
  • kalel 1 Feb 2014 14:28:33 87,689 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pardew is a good manager. He gets slated when they lose, but hardly any recognition when they do well which is far more frequent. Plus he has to deal with the club selling his best players from under him.
  • Syrette 1 Feb 2014 14:32:24 43,501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This isn't a surprise. We're pretty much guaranteed safety now, and we're likely to finish midtable.

That's the height of the club's ambition. Pardew himself said today that "(eighth is) probably top of the league for us".

It's pathetic but nothing new.

• White_Shadow 1 Feb 2014 14:37:56 2,537 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shame on him for being realistic.... Any fan would have gladly taken 8th at the beginning of the season, now we're there and fans are furious that we're only in 8th place.
  • nickthegun 1 Feb 2014 14:39:59 59,937 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    We're pretty much guaranteed safety now
    I dunno. I can see you losing every game from now until the end of the season.

• SparkyMarky81 1 Feb 2014 14:40:45 565 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think fans are furious because we could have achieved more. Selling Cabaye and not replacing him when he was our only reliable creative player has pulled the rug out from under Pards and I imagine it will have totally demoralised the team too.
  • Syrette 1 Feb 2014 14:43:38 43,501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    I doubt it. Strangely we were absolutely dominant against Norwich in mid-week (albeit with Remy, but minus Cabaye), just couldn't get the ball in the back of the net thanks to the woodwork etc,

Which makes today's non-performance even more frustrating. If there's any match you expect your club to be up for it's their local derby. Sunderland simply wanted it more, again. Fair play to them.

• nickthegun 1 Feb 2014 14:44:42 59,937 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    I doubt it.
    So do I, so stop talking such shite.

• teamHAM 1 Feb 2014 14:45:24 2,946 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The fact is that the ownership of the club just don't care about the footballing side of the football club. That has been proven in spades over the last seven years.

They run the club like a building society. They try to buy low and sell high, and that is the sole goal of the club.

The directors came out earlier this season and confirmed that we "are not interested in competing" for the domestic cups or the Europa League, because Mike doesn't believe the financial rewards for him are worth it. But on the other hand he won't invest in the squad enough to make the champions league.

As has been said we won't go down now so they didn't see an investment had to be made in the window. The last time we got permanent signings in was because we were in serious danger of going down. The last two windows we haven't bought in a single player on a contract.

This is the harsh reality we have been facing up to for years now. In all likelihood when Rangers are back in the SPL he will sell up, and buy Rangers, invest £10m and they will be back in the Champions League. When he does this we will be pretty empty from a footballing perspective but will be a slick business operation, in the black and midtable.

• Page

of 5476 First / Last