The all-new Premier League thread Page 4418

• Page

of 5468 First / Last

• Syrette 30 Dec 2013 12:24:17 43,448 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    karlo87 wrote:
    it'd be quite incredible to mount a serious title challenge with such a small squad.
    It's hardly that small.

• faux_carnation 30 Dec 2013 12:28:18 9,335 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rumour this morning that Tello to Liverpool on loan is going to happen. Can't be worse than Moses, surely?
  • Widge Moderator 30 Dec 2013 12:29:51 13,561 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Menace 30 Dec 2013 12:31:08 5,750 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tello is a great talent - I hope they don't let him go.

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• Shikasama 30 Dec 2013 12:31:10 6,832 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apparantly Barca see their future front line as Tello, Delefou and Neymar so can't be bad. With Sanchez tearing it up this season he isn't getting any play time though.
  • FWB 30 Dec 2013 12:37:36 44,571 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Total football. That's all he wants.
  • The-Bodybuilder 30 Dec 2013 12:45:48 14,198 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Apparantly Barca see their future front line as Tello, Delefou and Neymar so can't be bad. With Sanchez tearing it up this season he isn't getting any play time though.
    I wonder were that leaves Pedro.
  • captbirdseye 30 Dec 2013 12:51:46 4,969 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @FWB 'Why haven't you scored, why haven't you scoorreddd, David Marshall, why haven't you scored' :D
  • Whizzo 30 Dec 2013 12:55:33 43,124 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They obviously play with a rush goalie in Malaysia.

This space left intentionally blank.

• motti82 30 Dec 2013 13:01:23 2,890 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Rumour this morning that Tello to Liverpool on loan is going to happen. Can't be worse than Moses, surely?
    We get linked with him every window. Rather get Montoya instead but if he is available to be loaned, why not. Salah deal looks to be done swiftly. Do hope we get the Defensive midfielders sorted as quickly.
  • Shikasama 30 Dec 2013 13:04:56 6,832 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    I wonder were that leaves Pedro.
    Amazingly, Pedro is 26 now. I always think of him as an up and coming youngster.
  • faux_carnation 30 Dec 2013 13:30:48 9,335 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    motti82 wrote:
    faux_carnation wrote:
    We get linked with him every window. Rather get Montoya instead but if he is available to be loaned, why not. Salah deal looks to be done swiftly. Do hope we get the Defensive midfielders sorted as quickly.
    The Tello thing is in Marca so it's probably nonsense.

Seems there's going to be a couple of new faces really early in the window (if a couple of reliable twitter ITKs are to be believed). Hopefully one of them is Salah. Exciting times anyway.
  • LionheartDJH 30 Dec 2013 13:39:30 19,455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Another classic from Charlie Adam yesterday.

https://vine.co/v/hVm5zdYrZ0B

Not a game goes by without him doing this. Don't know how it goes unnoticed. Dirtiest player in the league and an absolute cunt.
    I can only think that the gormless look on his face makes people think he's not doing it on purpose.
    He is absolutely terrible at tackling. I winced everytime he went for one when he was with us I knew it was going to be a foul conceded.

She dives for cheese pasties

• faux_carnation 30 Dec 2013 13:46:33 9,335 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    faux_carnation wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Another classic from Charlie Adam yesterday.

https://vine.co/v/hVm5zdYrZ0B

Not a game goes by without him doing this. Don't know how it goes unnoticed. Dirtiest player in the league and an absolute cunt.
    I can only think that the gormless look on his face makes people think he's not doing it on purpose.
    He is absolutely terrible at tackling. I winced everytime he went for one when he was with us I knew it was going to be a foul conceded.
    I can scarcely believe he ever played for us at all. Amazing to think how far the team has come since those days.
  • Tom_Servo 30 Dec 2013 13:48:48 17,951 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bring back Konchesky, Adam, Voronin, Jovanovic, Downing and Carroll if you ask me.
  • Deleted user 30 December 2013 13:55:28
    @kalel As a Stoke fan, I can't condone Adam and some of his antics, some of them have become our undoing at times. You're assessment of him doing it every game is wrong, however.
  • imamazed 30 Dec 2013 14:08:08 5,584 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Bring back Konchesky, Adam, Voronin, Jovanovic, Downing and Carroll if you ask me.
    Don't forget Poulsen!
  • kalel 30 Dec 2013 14:10:43 87,627 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    feeg86 wrote:
    @kalel As a Stoke fan, I can't condone Adam and some of his antics, some of them have become our undoing at times. You're assessment of him doing it every game is wrong, however.
    Well, it's certainly every game against us anyway.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 30 Dec 2013 14:59:33 9,822 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bet Suarez feels a right tit for signing that new contract making it much harder for him to leave. Out of the top four halfway through the season, and Utd right behind them and looking ominous.
  • SolidSCB 30 Dec 2013 15:07:33 6,702 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Such a staggering fall from grace. They were dead certs to win the league last week, nailed on to pick up 4 important points over Christmas along the way.
  • mcmonkeyplc 30 Dec 2013 15:10:46 39,456 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oi! Don't you start. We have to play hardluck hotspurs on New years day remember!

Our charge will soon be put to an abrupt halt.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• karlo87 30 Dec 2013 15:12:50 1,492 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    karlo87 wrote:
    it'd be quite incredible to mount a serious title challenge with such a small squad.
    It's hardly that small.
    Compared to others going for Top 4 it really is, and all these injuries are just making it worse.

Damn that sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and Iím wankered on Rohypnol.

• kalel 30 Dec 2013 15:17:58 87,627 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Bet Suarez feels a right tit for signing that new contract making it much harder for him to leave. Out of the top four halfway through the season, and Utd right behind them and looking ominous.
    Nah, it's a calculated move by Liverpool. They just want £100m from Madrid. Be surprised if he stayed past the summer.
  • SolidSCB 30 Dec 2013 15:24:36 6,702 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone who thinks he'll still be at Liverpool next season is dreaming. They'll get a very decent return though, Bale's record will be blown away I'd have thought.
  • Ka-blamo 30 Dec 2013 15:27:23 7,349 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No way will Suarez get more than 100 million euros.....no way, he'll go for around £60 million.
  • Dougs 30 Dec 2013 15:29:48 67,688 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Nah, it's a calculated move by Liverpool. They just want £100m from Madrid. Be surprised if he stayed past the summer.
    It's a no lose really. He gets a pay rise for 6 months. They get more wedge.

Edited by Dougs at 16:06:32 30-12-2013
  • faux_carnation 30 Dec 2013 15:37:47 9,335 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    "Out of the top four halfway through the season" means about as much as "top at Christmas" does. Most teams in the league this season would drop a few places from having to play away at City and away at Chelsea one after the other.

Unless City (or Arsenal or Chelsea, but that's pretty unlikely) go on a run, it's going to take less than 90 points to win the league this season. On the other hand, it's so tight that it's probably going to take more than the usual 71 points to make the top 4. Liverpool are on target for 72 and the second half of the season is theoretically easier than the first, having played 6 of the top 7 away from home already. Writing any of the top 7 off at this stage is foolish.
  • kalel 30 Dec 2013 15:40:58 87,627 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spurs came 5th with 72 last year, and thi year there are more teams with more points than Spurs had at this point last year (including Spurs).

The past is meaningless, there's never been a PL season as close as this in the top half.
  • faux_carnation 30 Dec 2013 15:42:50 9,335 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    It's a no lose really. He gets a parish for 6 months. They get more wedge.
    Everyone is guessing about Suarez. No-one even knows what the release clauses are. If we make top 4 I'd expect him to stay, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes. If we don't make top 4 I'd expect him to go, but wouldn't be surprised if he stays.

In the summer a majority of people were saying that Liverpool couldn't keep him after his "antics" and they had no choice but to sell him. Instead they kept him and he's playing out of his skin. Anyone offering concrete opinions on whether he's staying or going is just setting themselves up for a fall.
  • Page

of 5468 First / Last