of 5263 First / Last

• Syrette 9 Dec 2013 20:46:46 43,115 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mingelot

• MrFlay 9 Dec 2013 20:49:48 548 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Moses is too lazy. Lots of ability but has all the attitude Sturridge was once rumoured to have. He looks like he doesn't give a shit.
  • President_Weasel 9 Dec 2013 21:39:23 8,984 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sturridge came good though, right? And Moses is still pretty young. And earning more in a week than I ever have in a year.
  • mcmonkeyplc 9 Dec 2013 23:19:46 39,387 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Both Swansea and Hull play better football than us.

Are we all having fun yet?!

Wankers. :p

Come and get it cumslingers!

• TheSaint 10 Dec 2013 00:09:14 14,201 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Robbie Savage must have some serious dirt on the top brass at the BBC to get so much air time.
  • Widge Moderator 10 Dec 2013 11:35:00 13,270 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Looks like Henderson is out for the weekend. No Sturridge, no Gerrard, no Henderson. Spurs are going to destroy us on Sunday :-(
    The Spurs who have scored 15 PL goals all season? Unlikely :)

Plus you have Suarez...
    Every time I have seen Liverpool play Spurs in the last 3 or 4 years, Spurs have seemed 5 steps ahead of our lot. Almost as if they have had a fresh nights sleep in the face of FC Hangover.

I'm still not overly fussed about the central midfield side of things, have always felt it was an area where there was loads of competition.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• robc84 10 Dec 2013 11:45:25 5,342 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Widge

We do have a decent record against you guys recently, but we are not great at home right now. However, we struggle to break down teams that sit back and defend, and I can't see Liverpool doing that. So it has the potential to be a decent game.
  • kalel 10 Dec 2013 12:43:39 86,420 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So er...how come the media hasn't really picked up on Mourinho doing a bit of a shit job then?
  • Tom_Servo 10 Dec 2013 12:46:34 17,330 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Because they love him.

But yeah, he hasn't been doing well. Until recently it was the worst start in the Abramovich era and I think Mourinho has less points at this stage than AVB did when he was in charge. Let's not forget them getting merked by Basel twice in the group stage too. They're pretty lucky they've qualified already TBH, 9 points isn't a great haul for a side like Chelsea.

Still, all it takes is one story (like the Guardian on AVB) and all of a sudden they're under extreme pressure.
  • Stickman 10 Dec 2013 12:47:14 29,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's the token 'alright-Portuguese'.

There can only be one.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• nickthegun 10 Dec 2013 12:47:45 58,906 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think its because he secretlynotsomuch thinks his squad sucks.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• robc84 10 Dec 2013 12:48:43 5,342 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @kalel He is probably living off all the past 'goodwill' he built up with them during his last stint.

His media handling and general attitude has been terrible since he has returned (certain worse than AVB's IMO who gets plenty of stick for it - rightly or wrongly).

Maybe they are hoping he'll eventually return to being his old self?
  • Tom_Servo 10 Dec 2013 12:49:57 17,330 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Let's not forget that he obviously doesn't want to be there in the first place.
  • kalel 10 Dec 2013 12:51:06 86,420 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I wonder if he'll come good. You'd assume he would, but the love and desire just doesn't seem to be there. He looks broken and bored already.

There's just something not quite right at that club. I guess it's obvious what (who) it is.
  • SolidSCB 10 Dec 2013 12:51:16 6,413 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mourinho is a walking headline. Media won't starting hounding him until his position becomes completely untenable.

But yeah, he's doing a pretty crap job. Nice to see him not having things go all his own way.

It's also nice not seeing much of hammerite. Good job all round Jose!
  • nickthegun 10 Dec 2013 12:53:11 58,906 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Let's not forget that he obviously doesn't want to be there in the first place.
    Yeah. I think united, unwisely, going for moyes hit him harder than most people think.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Tom_Servo 10 Dec 2013 12:53:27 17,330 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This is really the first time his career hasn't moved forward, and I think he's struggling to deal with it. Also, he half-failed at Real by not winning the CL.

Not that I'm saying he's a rubbish manager or anything, but I do wonder if his golden days are behind him.
  • kalel 10 Dec 2013 12:55:52 86,420 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think he probably did need a different challenge in the PL other than Chelsea again, but he is somewhat a difficult hire. Despite his success record, he's also incredibly expensive both in his wages and the cost of players you'll need to bring in for him, guaranteed controversy and relatively likely to fuck off having caused huge disruption at your club.

This is why United and probably City weren't interested, which didn't leave him many options.
  • Tom_Servo 10 Dec 2013 13:00:46 17,330 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah he's probably wishing he hadn't burned all his bridges in spectacular fashion at Real. I guess he was expecting the United job to be his, and then had to crawl back to Chelsea.

He looked utterly miserable at the press conference unveiling him.
  • SolidSCB 10 Dec 2013 13:01:45 6,413 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I do still see him sneaking in at City at one point. I think his confidence has been dented by the United thing a bit though. Looking back now on when Real beat us at OT earlier on this year, it does seem like he thought he was nailed on for it.
  • kalel 10 Dec 2013 13:02:20 86,420 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Monaco next I reckon.
  • robc84 10 Dec 2013 13:07:00 5,342 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    How long before the Chelsea fans turn on him then? Granted they are sitting pretty in the league right now but a couple of bad results and they could be down in 7th or 8th.

Would he still be their hero then?
  • Widge Moderator 10 Dec 2013 13:08:41 13,270 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hiddink

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• kalel 10 Dec 2013 13:17:40 86,420 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hiddink will retire soon surely. He's in his late 60s,
  • thedaveeyres 10 Dec 2013 13:28:03 10,706 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hiddink is the Kagawa of managers.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• kalel 10 Dec 2013 13:31:01 86,420 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Klopp is the next obvious choice imo. He's surely top of everyone's list, and everyone knows that if you don't get him, one of the other big boys will.
  • Tom_Servo 10 Dec 2013 13:39:12 17,330 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Plus, the Dortmund side look kinda finished if the league table is anything to go by, so he might be up for new pastures at the end of the season.

I thought United should've gone for Klopp. Don't understand why he wasn't mentioned at all. He seemed a good fit to me.
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 Dec 2013 13:48:28 14,077 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jose has survived purely for the fact the media's focus has been on United and for a brief moment, AVB.
    If not for those distractions, he would be getting it.

And he looks like when your achieved everything with your club at FIFA/Football Manager, get bored then leave, then decide to go back to the club again, but it's not like before.

Also note the complete absence of Roman in this current narrative. Haven't heard anything about him or seen him at games. Is he bored too? Because if he is, that's a bigger problem for the chelski fans.
  • Dougs 10 Dec 2013 14:03:59 66,724 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I think he probably did need a different challenge in the PL other than Chelsea again, but he is somewhat a difficult hire. Despite his success record, he's also incredibly expensive both in his wages and the cost of players you'll need to bring in for him, guaranteed controversy and relatively likely to fuck off having caused huge disruption at your club.

This is why United and probably City weren't interested, which didn't leave him many options.
    The football his sides play is also unrelentingly dull. If it doesn't bring trophies in the same manner as last time, I can't see Abramovich sticking with him.
  • Page

of 5263 First / Last