The all-new Premier League thread Page 4274

• Page

of 5660 First / Last

• Kay 10 Nov 2013 22:30:29 17,969 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeD wrote:
    And this is why, for all the plaudits about this 'new' Arsenal, nothing much has changed and I wouldn't be surprised if the wheels come off yet again.

This defeat probably needs to be read carefully, following a difficult midweek game, losing two key players, etc. but it still means we cannot beat anyone from last year top four, or even dig deep to NOT get beaten.

Still think we'll manage to finish in the CL places though...
    The wheels didn't come off after the defeats against Dortmund and Chelsea, so no reason to believe they will come off now. And we managed to dig deep to get a result against a top team just a few days ago.

I really wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • Humperfunk 10 Nov 2013 22:33:56 2,492 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Great celebration from Van Persie, go on son!

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• JiveHound 10 Nov 2013 22:36:00 2,724 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    More concussions than a boxing match so far.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Deleted user 10 November 2013 22:48:46
    The top teams always lose one or two throughout the season to the mid table also-rans, today was just Arsenal getting it out of their system.
  • TheSaint 10 Nov 2013 23:01:21 14,829 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Appalling decision for that penalty there. That's two refs who need to be rotting in League 2 for a few weeks after terrible decisions this weekend.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 10 Nov 2013 23:07:38 4,515 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Krul didn't play half well today eh?
  • Saucy 10 Nov 2013 23:08:23 2,614 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shocking decisions every week, embarrassing that football doesn't have technology.
  • RedSparrows 10 Nov 2013 23:42:11 24,235 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    God that decision. Christ.
  • Syrette 10 Nov 2013 23:53:46 44,216 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    The top teams always lose one or two throughout the season to the mid table also-rans, today was just Arsenal getting it out of their system.
    Are you an 'ABU'?

• mcmonkeyplc 10 Nov 2013 23:56:19 39,567 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No he's a butt hurt Arsenal fan. :)

Come and get it cumslingers!

• ElNuevo9 11 Nov 2013 00:12:16 13,600 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Parked the bus today? Bollocks. For the main part, that was very comfortable.

United shaded the first half and Arsenal the second. For all the Arsenal possession second half, I can't remember de Gea making a save, whilst Rooney and Smalling could and probably should have scored.

Very disappointed with Arsenal today.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Dougs 11 Nov 2013 07:24:55 69,500 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Because you parked the bus, with some last ditch defending and rub of the green in some situations (such as the Sagna crosses which could have gone anywhere). We weren't great offensively at all and we're still never out of the game. This is what I meant by the crowd, it felt like an underdog reaction more than 'we've just beaten the league leaders'. More relief than anything.

Anyway, we didn't deserve much so I'm not going to grumble. Let's see how we respond after the break.
  • mcmonkeyplc 11 Nov 2013 07:31:00 39,567 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's both relief and sense we've beaten the league leaders. The sense of relief shouldn't really be surprising given our transitional nature this season.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• King_Edward 11 Nov 2013 07:42:52 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tbh I thought United controlled the game quite comfortably. Dominated the first half, then set up to counter in the second. A couple of decent crosses was all Arsenal really managed.
  • danathjo 11 Nov 2013 09:01:05 7,521 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    this still going?
  • Deleted user 11 November 2013 09:12:26
    I don't see Arsenal losing to Man U as a massive deal in itself. If they fail to win away at Chelsea, City, Spurs and Liverpool as well then yeah, probably not title contenders, but as an isolated result it's fairly meaningless.

Equally I don't think it says a huge amount about Man U in isolation either. They still look extremely beatable to me, and even though they won yesterday, I still see United as our competition for top four more than Arsenal.
  • Widge Moderator 11 Nov 2013 09:24:14 13,743 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Arsenal travel to Old Trafford as well as Guinness travels out of Ireland.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• askew 11 Nov 2013 09:25:10 12,719 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bloody internationals mean we've got a fortnight of this :(
  • LeoliansBro 11 Nov 2013 09:25:42 44,956 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Man U sputtered to life at times, and looked like the team they could be. Arsenal were flashy and great to watch as always. Seems a fair result.

Giroud can fuck right off though, nasty little toerag.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• danathjo 11 Nov 2013 09:29:18 7,521 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    what do the think Giroud did?
  • TheSaint 11 Nov 2013 09:29:39 14,829 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rooney is carrying a fair few very average players in that United team, if he gets injured then they're screwed.
  • JiveHound 11 Nov 2013 09:42:00 2,724 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Good job they kept hold of him. Could have been very different if the media are to be believed.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Blotto 11 Nov 2013 09:55:59 2,777 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Frustratingly we seemed to treat United on last seasons form, playing defensively and treating it like the dortmund game where we were the underdogs.

Works both ways though, we clearly saw Liverpool as the team they were last season too.

Disappointing but a good win against Southampton and everything's hunky dory again. Be nice to have Theo back as an option.
  • nickthegun 11 Nov 2013 09:59:04 61,305 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lionel Messi, Ladies and gentlemen

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Steve_Perry 11 Nov 2013 09:59:53 5,200 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It was a close and tight game they always are between the top teams (on average). Arsenal could have scored a couple in the second half but didn't capitalise on Sanga's amazing crosses. I would say that United had by far the better chances but there wasn't a great deal in it.

Arsenal will comfortably recover in the next couple of games and I fully expect them to win the league this year if they can avoid injuries and strengthen up top during January.

United should take great comfort from the defensive performance, they looked really solid and disrupted Arsenal all over the pitch. They have been really poor at the back all season and should be able to move up the table further if they can replicate that kind of defensive form. Jones and Smalling had terrific games and should be given more opportunities.

It's a good job United kept Rooney, Chelsea would be running away with it now and United would be in big shit if he had been sold. Without doubt Moyes' best bit of business.
  • TheSaint 11 Nov 2013 10:11:59 14,829 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was also a joke having United v Arsenal as the first game on MotD2. It was easily the worst of the games that day and had already been shown live on TV. A three all draw especially one containing a controversial last minute penalty should have been on first followed by the other two underdog wins.
  • Deleted user 11 November 2013 10:13:36
    I don;t see how anyone can "expect" Arsenal to win the league at this point. They certainly could, but it's very rare the clear winner emerges until at least February.

Arsenal's worry should be that City and Chelsea have still got a gear or two to find (as do Spurs tbh), whereas I'm relatively sure Arsenal (and probably Liverpool) are currently showing their best form. Given their depth issues, things could change quite a lot as the season goes on, particularly as most of their hardest fixtures are yet to come.
  • TheSaint 11 Nov 2013 10:30:41 14,829 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's still hard to see beyond Chelsea and Man City as they seem to be the only two with a real depth of quality players in their squads. Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Spurs all seem to be a couple of injuries from having to rely on fairly average players.
  • thedaveeyres 11 Nov 2013 10:33:32 11,586 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really don't fancy Man City. They're far too inconsistent to win the league. Chelsea, despite their wobbles, look a much more solid outfit.

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Deleted user 11 November 2013 10:35:53
    Yeah, I'd say City are more of an outside bet than Arsenal at this point.
  • Page

of 5660 First / Last