The all-new Premier League thread Page 4273

• Page

of 5546 First / Last

• Youthist 10 Nov 2013 20:10:08 10,027 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Smashed lol.
    I think what his definition of smashed is "we got a goal up then parked the bus, on home turf and hung on".

So by that definition, smashed.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• darkmorgado 10 Nov 2013 20:13:53 15,566 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Smashed lol.
    Walloped!

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• TheSaint 10 Nov 2013 20:20:20 14,616 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Come on I think we all know that even in their prime Arsenal never won anything at Old Trafford:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1964495.stm
  • LeD 10 Nov 2013 20:24:35 6,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And this is why, for all the plaudits about this 'new' Arsenal, nothing much has changed and I wouldn't be surprised if the wheels come off yet again.

This defeat probably needs to be read carefully, following a difficult midweek game, losing two key players, etc. but it still means we cannot beat anyone from last year top four, or even dig deep to NOT get beaten.

Still think we'll manage to finish in the CL places though...
  • Youthist 10 Nov 2013 20:34:23 10,027 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I personally think Arsenal should have bigger aspirations than that with this team and the way everyone else is playing around you. When you have capitulated in the past there have been outstanding teams around who were just top strong so any hiccough was punished. This year they are all finding their own problems against smaller teams. I predict top two for Arse. At this rate there really could be one even two surprises in the top 4 I think.

Edited by Youthist at 20:34:55 10-11-2013

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Ka-blamo 10 Nov 2013 20:41:35 7,471 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Smashed lol.
    I think what his definition of smashed is "we got a goal up then parked the bus, on home turf and hung on".

So by that definition, smashed.
    Did we fuck park the bus, did you even watch the game? could of been 3-0 united easily...Rooney missed a sitter and there were a few other times we should have scored, don't remember any clear Arsenal chances.....just low box crosses that were all missed.

We could have played identically and had 3-0 and there would be no way you would have said parked the bus because you know you'd be laughed at. You're all post hoc donkeys.
  • THFourteen 10 Nov 2013 20:46:45 33,851 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    40% possession, 5 shots, 2 on target.

I'm clearly not the one who didn't watch the game!
  • Baihu1983 10 Nov 2013 20:47:41 3,512 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Both could have scored a couple goals in the 2nd half.
  • Youthist 10 Nov 2013 20:47:47 10,027 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You parked it. Accept it and move on.

• mcmonkeyplc 10 Nov 2013 20:53:17 39,467 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ok now that I'm over the shock:

We were OK. Our defence was rock solid from Jones to Smalling. Problems started occuring when Cleverlollypop came on for Vidic. We lost our forward defence. Arsenal were always going to up their game in the second half though.

That said Arsenal weren't exactly convincing. How many shots on target did they have? They opened up our defence maybe once or twice and never had anyone at the end of the ball.

Arsenal were ok. Nothing special. City raped us. Chelsea parked the bus. Liverpool bored us to death. This league is very open. Like the previous 2 before last season.

We probably aren't going to win it, but we thought that last season, the season before that and the season before that. We aren't going out without a fight.... I'll let Bill Pullman do the speech: :p

Come and get it cumslingers!

• LeD 10 Nov 2013 20:55:45 6,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't know about parking the bus or stats, but we've had our title credentials checked and were found lacking. Tbf, I had a sneaky suspicion this would be the case. It's not a disaster but there's still a lot of things to improve.

-Being intimidated by OT and MU. Check
    -Missing an opportunity to extend our lead on competitors. Check
    -Big players going missing. Check.
    -Reverting to sideway passes and not using the width of the pitch. Check.
    -Playing with two DM thus sacrificing speed and thrust. Check.
  • FWB 10 Nov 2013 21:09:57 44,839 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wow. Utd fans really think they deserved it, let alone won it comfortably? Delusion really does kick in when your expectations are not being met.

It WAS like watching champions being frustrated by a physical mid table team though.
  • mcmonkeyplc 10 Nov 2013 21:15:43 39,467 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Look at it from the other side. Did Arsenal deserve to win?

• FWB 10 Nov 2013 21:18:52 44,839 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No. But don't think anyone said that. Draw would have been fair. Don't get me wrong, great result for you guys, but it wasn't a great performance and it really did look like role reversal.

Edited by FWB at 21:19:45 10-11-2013
  • mcmonkeyplc 10 Nov 2013 21:20:41 39,467 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    2 shots on target each.

Arsenal failed to convert. They did what they always did pretty football without a finish. It wasn't even that pretty.

We weren't great either and in the last 20 mins we did resemble a mid table team. Old habits die hard for Moyes I guess :p

• TheMayorOfJugs 10 Nov 2013 21:20:57 4,012 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Lul. Utd fans think we're right on track now, people slaking us say we are stoke.

I'm happy with the result, a draw would've been fairer maybe, but that's football. Jones looks a promising cdm if Evans and Smalling end up in the middle together. Valencia had a decent game and so did Rooney. RVP didn't do much besides the goal and some touches.

Arsenal couldn't really get the passes flowing because we aimed to stifle them. That's what happened. Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud and Ramsey were quiet, they've had a tough 3 games.

That's it I think. Can we leave it now pleeeaaaase?
  • mcmonkeyplc 10 Nov 2013 21:21:23 39,467 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Role reversal would have them winning 1-0.

• LeD 10 Nov 2013 21:21:41 6,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    No. But don't think anyone said that. Draw would have been fair. Don't get me wrong, great result for you guys, but it wasn't a great performance and it really did look like role reversal.
    Uh? Did Arsenal turn up, bossed the game and won 4-2? Must have missed it...
  • mcmonkeyplc 10 Nov 2013 21:22:17 39,467 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    Lul. Utd fans think we're right on track now, people slaking us say we are stoke.

I'm happy with the result, a draw would've been fairer maybe, but that's football. Jones looks a promising cdm if Evans and Smalling end up in the middle together. Valencia had a decent game and so did Rooney. RVP didn't do much besides the goal and some touches.

Arsenal couldn't really get the passes flowing because we aimed to stifle them. That's what happened. Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud and Ramsey were quiet, they've had a tough 3 games.

Show me a united fan on here that thinks we're back on track?

You're writing what you think we think.

• FWB 10 Nov 2013 21:23:39 44,839 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No. But they dominated possession. As I said, it was like watching a mid-table team frustrating a "better" side.

I should know. I've spent the last ten years watching my team trying to do that.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 10 Nov 2013 21:28:33 4,012 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:

Meant it more in general monkey. All my utd friends think we've the title sewn up now, all my arsenal friends saying we bullied them like stoke. And there were a few similar sentiments shared here after the game. ;-)

Wasn't saying anything against you, you rascal. Just thought I'd post while I wait for someone like Dougs or Kalel to post a big comprehensive objective opinion. Sorry if I bothered you :-)
  • RedSparrows 10 Nov 2013 21:41:15 23,300 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Guys, guys, guys. Let's just make peace with one simple collective affirmation.

Chelsea are cunts.
  • mcmonkeyplc 10 Nov 2013 21:41:18 39,467 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    No. But they dominated possession. As I said, it was like watching a mid-table team frustrating a "better" side.

I should know. I've spent the last ten years watching my team trying to do that.
    Is that the first time you've seen man utd do that? I don't think so. I've been watching my team do that for nearly 4 years!

• mcmonkeyplc 10 Nov 2013 21:44:17 39,467 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:

Meant it more in general monkey. All my utd friends think we've the title sewn up now, all my arsenal friends saying we bullied them like stoke. And there were a few similar sentiments shared here after the game. ;-)

Wasn't saying anything against you, you rascal. Just thought I'd post while I wait for someone like Dougs or Kalel to post a big comprehensive objective opinion. Sorry if I bothered you :-)
    We always "bully them like stoke" when we win against them though. It's how you beat pretty passing football. If can't pass round them bully them till you get the ball.

• FWB 10 Nov 2013 21:46:53 44,839 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    FWB wrote:

Is that the first time you've seen man utd do that? I don't think so. I've been watching my team do that for nearly 4 years!
    A few times, but you haven't been doing that for four years. You were properly dominating games. Don't get that sense so far this season. Will come, I'm sure. Moyes will come good.
  • SolidSCB 10 Nov 2013 22:03:01 6,914 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    We were absolutely fine until Vidic got hurt and fucking bastarding Cleverley had to come on. After that we had no presence in midfield and that in turn allowed Arsenal more time on the ball. We really do seem to have Arsenal's number though so even though it was 'only' 1-0, it was as comfortable a 1-0 as you're likely to get.

Also, I saw a infographic yesterday that since 2006, Arsenal have had a higher percentage of possession than United at OT over that time, including more passes and a higher rate of completion, but we have by far and away more goals. Arsenal having the greater share of possession at Old Trafford isn't something that only just came about today, as much as it might pain some people to learn.
  • mcmonkeyplc 10 Nov 2013 22:04:53 39,467 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Come on, we've been shit since Ronaldo left and Scholes retired for the first time. This is nothing new. We've only dominated Arsenal twice in the last 10 years.

It is service as usual nothing else. It's just more relief from united fans cause maybe we're scared that without Fergie magic we can't pull off these kind of grinding wins against the top teams.

This is the only game amongst last seasons top 4 that we've won.

We'll probably lose to Cardiff next week the way this season is going.

• TheMayorOfJugs 10 Nov 2013 22:07:53 4,012 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:

We always "bully them like stoke" when we win against them though. It's how you beat pretty passing football. If can't pass round them bully them till you get the ball.
    Exactly. Part of the reason I expelled a lul.
  • QotSAfan 10 Nov 2013 22:10:59 1,718 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeD wrote:
    Don't know about parking the bus or stats, but we've had our title credentials checked and were found lacking. Tbf, I had a sneaky suspicion this would be the case. It's not a disaster but there's still a lot of things to improve.

-Being intimidated by OT and MU. Check
    -Missing an opportunity to extend our lead on competitors. Check
    -Big players going missing. Check.
    -Reverting to sideway passes and not using the width of the pitch. Check.
    -Playing with two DM thus sacrificing speed and thrust. Check.
    Or you know, we just beat the best counter attacking team in world football four days ago and lost even more key players to a illness right before the match, with two playing through illness and one of our DM's being rushed back into action because our squad is so threadbare at the minute. I am not reading too much into this to be honest. The only credentials it checked was that our squad is very threadbare but we all knew that anyway.
  • JiveHound 10 Nov 2013 22:27:50 2,542 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Away to Arsenal and then Chelsea. Those two games are going to be the biggest indicator to where Saints will land at the end of the season.

Bum is flapping.

At least I'll have my new shiny if we get trounced by the gunners.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Page

of 5546 First / Last