The all-new Premier League thread Page 4238

  • Page

    of 5548 First / Last

  • FWB 1 Nov 2013 11:14:45 44,845 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bitter goes hand-in-hand with ex most of the time, no?
  • FWB 1 Nov 2013 11:17:17 44,845 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good news for us... Kone is injured again. Thank Christ for that.
  • robc84 1 Nov 2013 11:21:23 5,802 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not sure about our game this weekend. On the one hand, we seem better away from home. On the other hand it's Everton away.

    Any points taken from Goodison is always a bonus. Be happy with a point!
  • FWB 1 Nov 2013 11:28:50 44,845 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You like counter attacking, we like possession. Works well for you. Should be interesting.
  • Youthist 1 Nov 2013 11:36:45 10,027 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Bitter goes hand-in-hand with ex most of the time, no?
    Not if you check with Ray Parlour's ex!

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

  • robc84 1 Nov 2013 11:40:24 5,802 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    You like counter attacking, we like possession. Works well for you. Should be interesting.
    We also like possession, but only if it involves slow sideways passing across defence and midfield!

    Seriously though, you are right that we will probably look to contain and catch you the break. The good news is that you are likely to attack us which will work well for us. The bad news is you have many players that can hurt us. Lukaku in particular!

    Hopefully it will be a decent game.
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 Nov 2013 12:03:22 14,287 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Will Soldadebayor get another penalty?
  • robc84 1 Nov 2013 12:35:34 5,802 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I admire your persistence, but I'm still not buying it. The issue is clearly a lack of service.

    Anyway, if he scores another penalty there will be no complaints here!
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 Nov 2013 16:45:05 14,287 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    These things require patience. Soon the reality will match my expectations.

    Or I could just argue that you sound like a United fan defending Welshit. :D

    Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 19:02:48 01-11-2013
  • robc84 1 Nov 2013 17:02:05 5,802 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    First season in the prem, already scored 4 goals (plus two in europe I think). Thats more than welshit in the last two seasons combined is it not? ;-)
  • mcmonkeyplc 1 Nov 2013 17:03:35 39,467 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LEAVE WELSHIT ALONE!

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • mikew1985 1 Nov 2013 17:38:08 12,890 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    These things require patience. Soon the reality will match my exceptions.

    Or I could just argue that you sound like a United fan defending Welshit. :D
    Or you could be completely wrong like most were about De Gea.
  • Deleted user 1 November 2013 18:18:58
    That he'll be mediocre instead of really really shit?

    Edited by Aargh. at 18:19:28 01-11-2013
  • King_Edward 1 Nov 2013 18:30:17 11,454 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    These things require patience. Soon the reality will match my exceptions.

    Or I could just argue that you sound like a United fan defending Welshit. :D
    Or you could be completely wrong like most were about De Gea.
    We were right. He just got better.
  • mikew1985 1 Nov 2013 18:51:53 12,890 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    These things require patience. Soon the reality will match my exceptions.

    Or I could just argue that you sound like a United fan defending Welshit. :D
    Or you could be completely wrong like most were about De Gea.
    We were right. He just got better.
    Sure ok.

    Edit: Also on rereading let's be clear this is in no way a defense of wellshit.

    Edited by mikew1985 at 18:52:35 01-11-2013
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 Nov 2013 19:03:48 14,287 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    First season in the prem, already scored 4 goals (plus two in europe I think). Thats more than welshit in the last two seasons combined is it not? ;-)
    Yeah but Welshit didn't have as many penalties either, and he's younger (which in this context means he has a lot more time to still be shit).
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 Nov 2013 19:04:41 14,287 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    These things require patience. Soon the reality will match my exceptions.

    Or I could just argue that you sound like a United fan defending Welshit. :D
    Or you could be completely wrong like most were about De Gea.
    We were right. He just got better.
    Sure ok.

    Edit: Also on rereading let's be clear this is in no way a defense of wellshit.
    Sounded like a defence of Welshit to me. :p
  • mikew1985 1 Nov 2013 19:28:19 12,890 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's why I felt the need to make it clear after rereading, it was actually more a defence of Soldado!
  • Trowel 1 Nov 2013 19:29:01 17,910 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Really looking forward to Spurs visiting Goodison on Sunday - probably our first game of the season that seems genuinely too close to call. It looks as though it'll be won and lost down the flanks given both sides' propensity to push the full backs on high - Walker vs Baines is always a good duel and Townsend will mean Pienaar is pegged back, but Vertonghen vs Mirallas/Coleman may decide it, as I don't think Spurs offer him enough cover. 1-0 Everton I think.

    Opposition preview of the potential Spurs lineup from the ever brilliant Executioner's Bong
  • robc84 1 Nov 2013 19:30:00 5,802 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    First season in the prem, already scored 4 goals (plus two in europe I think). Thats more than welshit in the last two seasons combined is it not? ;-)
    Yeah but Welshit didn't have as many penalties either, and he's younger (which in this context means he has a lot more time to still be shit).
    Penalties count as goals you know!

    I could also argue that your defence of you soldadebayor argument is like a utd fan's defence of welshit.

    Conclusion, welshit is well shit, soldado has not had time to prove himself yet.
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 Nov 2013 20:04:03 14,287 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    First season in the prem, already scored 4 goals (plus two in europe I think). Thats more than welshit in the last two seasons combined is it not? ;-)
    Yeah but Welshit didn't have as many penalties either, and he's younger (which in this context means he has a lot more time to still be shit).
    Penalties count as goals you know!

    I could also argue that your defence of you soldadebayor argument is like a utd fan's defence of welshit.

    Conclusion, welshit is well shit, soldado has not had time to prove himself yet.
    I'll give him till christmas.
    Really need the Soldadebayor tagline to stick.
  • bbvDJC 1 Nov 2013 20:38:18 1,734 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have a quick question for Arsenal fans, at the Emirates if there a zone for neutral fans and how soon do tickets go on sale?

    My best mate is an Arsenal fan and he wasn't sure but he's part of the fan club and we want to go to the Arsenal, United game in Feb. I just don't want to sit with him if it means being in the middle of the home fans! :p
  • Dougs 1 Nov 2013 22:22:12 68,458 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nope, no neutral zone. You might get away with it under cover, and I doubt any fans would care of it was Norwich or something, but Utd is a different prospect. There would be much tutting and sighing if rumbled (plus grassed to the nearest steward). Don't get going behind enemy lines tbh.
  • Dougs 1 Nov 2013 22:24:07 68,458 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Soldado looks a different prospect entirely to Adebayor imo. He might not be scoring many, but his goal vs Villa was class and he doesn't hide. He'll be a success I think.
  • robc84 1 Nov 2013 22:33:46 5,802 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Soldado's lack of goals is down to lack of service. Once we start creating chances for him he will put them away. Like you say, class goal vs villa and impeccable record from the spot.
  • Syrette 1 Nov 2013 23:01:54 43,772 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Soldado is the next Rebrov tbh

  • bbvDJC 2 Nov 2013 00:24:45 1,734 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Nope, no neutral zone. You might get away with it under cover, and I doubt any fans would care of it was Norwich or something, but Utd is a different prospect. There would be much tutting and sighing if rumbled (plus grassed to the nearest steward). Don't get going behind enemy lines tbh.
    I wouldn't put it as going behind enemy lines, it's a shame as we're best mates and want to go to a game together!

    I wouldn't be going mental if we scored or anything!
  • FWB 2 Nov 2013 00:36:35 44,845 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm often in opposition sections in London, given that I'm a Toffee. Just keep your mouth shut and you'll be fine.
  • robc84 2 Nov 2013 06:30:42 5,802 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Soldado is the next Rebrov tbh
    Guess we'll find out over the next few months!
  • Punctum 2 Nov 2013 07:34:31 948 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I don't think Spurs' style of play particularly helps Soldado either.

    He'll only really flourish if/when they become a bit more direct. With their current style of play, they'd be better of with a Berbatov style of player.
  • Page

    of 5548 First / Last

Log in or register to reply