The all-new Premier League thread Page 4186

• Page

of 4885 First / Last

• captbirdseye 14 Oct 2013 22:28:47 4,343 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Be careful at Chelsea. Both clubs reduced ticketing numbers because of the history of problems between the two sides.

Fans were encouraged to travel with the the supporters club rather than making their own way.

Edited by captbirdseye at 22:30:09 14-10-2013
  • FWB 14 Oct 2013 22:31:49 41,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    The district line that Putney and Fulham are on is the Wimbledon branch, so Chiswick may not be a good fit. Getting on to the Wimbledon branch of the district line or the train to Fulham would be a better option imo.
    If you plan to head off straight away, then yeah. Only suggested Chiswick cos it's a nice area to visit. Could hit the river, Strand on the Green, afterwards.

But yeah, there are closer places to park.
  • arials101 14 Oct 2013 22:52:23 830 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    FFS, they're really killed the hyperlinking on here haven't they:

http://www.violett-weiss.at/img/20060113FSF.pdf
    Interesting to read more about Red Bull/SV Austria Salzburg, hope they don't get the opportunity to do the same to one of the biggest clubs in England.
  • FWB 14 Oct 2013 23:07:25 41,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd like some money, but not at that cost.
  • Psychotext 14 Oct 2013 23:10:32 52,778 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    The district line that Putney and Fulham are on is the Wimbledon branch, so Chiswick may not be a good fit. Getting on to the Wimbledon branch of the district line or the train to Fulham would be a better option imo.
    I don't know what most of that means. :D

Does it mean it's better to go to Putney or Fulham?

captbirdseye wrote:
    Be careful at Chelsea. Both clubs reduced ticketing numbers because of the history of problems between the two sides.
    Will be with a (Chelsea) season ticket holder so I imagine I'll be fine.

Edited by Psychotext at 23:11:57 14-10-2013
  • Shikasama 14 Oct 2013 23:13:45 6,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone who drinks Red Bull should be shot on sight as it is. Awful, awful stuff.
  • FWB 14 Oct 2013 23:19:24 41,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Psycho, they are right next to each other. So M4 into west London, then drop down south briefly. Not sure what parking will be like in that area come match day. Fulham play Monday tho, so might be alright.
  • Syrette 14 Oct 2013 23:20:40 41,823 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Red Bull got me through many an all nighter writing essays and articles at uni, I'll give it praise for that.

That and copious amounts of Pro Plus.

/reminsces

• FWB 14 Oct 2013 23:22:44 41,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What else do they do? They can't be funding all these sports teams through sales of drinks, surely?
  • faux_carnation 14 Oct 2013 23:23:09 8,484 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Anyone who drinks Red Bull should be shot on sight as it is. Awful, awful stuff.
    I've never had it. I imagine it tastes like a double dip but liquid?
  • Syrette 14 Oct 2013 23:24:25 41,823 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Do you live under a proverbial rock?

• faux_carnation 14 Oct 2013 23:25:44 8,484 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    I've just never seen the appeal. I love coffee, why would I want an alternative and apparently disgusting alternative source of caffeine?
  • mikew1985 14 Oct 2013 23:32:16 12,048 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's horrible stuff. Tastes a little like cough medicine. A mildly pleasant cough medicine. Thats about as much praise as I can give it.

It's pure and utter shite and people really should not be drinking it in the quantity that they do. Then again many people also drink regular coke all too often.
  • TheSaint 14 Oct 2013 23:34:32 13,629 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Telegraph are reporting that Zaha is looking for a loan move already.
  • faux_carnation 14 Oct 2013 23:37:06 8,484 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jeez:

Team ownerships

RB Leipzig – a football team currently playing in the German 3. Liga
    New York Red Bulls (officially Red Bull New York)[39] – a soccer franchise competing in the United States' Major League Soccer
    Infiniti Red Bull Racing – a Formula One team based in Milton Keynes, England, World Constructor's Championship winner of 2010, 2011 and 2012, and produced the car for the 2010, 2011 and 2012 F1 World Champion Sebastian Vettel.
    Scuderia Toro Rosso (Italian translation of Team Red Bull) – Another Formula One team based in Faenza, Italy.
    Team Red Bull – a racing team competing in the U.S.-based stock car racing competition NASCAR Red Bull Racing Team competed in NASCAR beginning in 2007. The team ceased operations after the Sprint Cup Series' 2011 season.
    FC Red Bull Salzburg – an Austrian football club based in Salzburg and competing in the Austrian Bundesliga
    EC Red Bull Salzburg – a member of the Austrian Hockey League based in Salzburg, Austria
    EHC Red Bull München – a member of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga based in Munich, Germany
    Red Bull Brasil – a football team currently playing in the Brazilian Campeonato Paulista Série A2 based in Campinas, Brazil
    Triple Eight Race Engineering – from 2013, Red Bull will sponsor one of the top V8 Supercar teams.
    Red Bull Racing Brasil, a Stock Car Brasil team, since 2007.
    Red Bull Ghana – a Ghanaian professional football club located in Sogakope that plays in the Poly Tank Division One League.
    StarTale – In 2012, Redbull began sponsoring this professional Starcraft 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive team based in South Korea.
    D3W – In 2012, Redbull began sponsoring this professional studio and Marc Diwan co. based in Canada.
    Škoda Motorsport rally team
  • RedSparrows 15 Oct 2013 00:17:48 20,754 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Poly Tank Division One League. Fuck the Premiership.
  • arials101 15 Oct 2013 10:31:28 830 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    An idea borrowed from Football 365, a team made up from English players aged 21 or younger who are playing in the Premier League this season:

Jack Butland*

Carl Jenkinson Andre Wisdom Phil Jones Luke Shaw

Jack Wilshere Ravel Morrison

Raheem Sterling Ross Barkley Nathan Redmond

Saido Berahino

Bench: James Ward-Prowse, Steven Caulker, Sammy Ameobi, John Stones

Looks pretty good to me, up front might be weakest but the senior squad is still fairly young in that position. That's before adding players who are a bit young, currently playing at reserve level or in the Championship.

*A championship player, but there are no young goalkeepers of any nationality in the premier league.
  • Widge Moderator 15 Oct 2013 10:52:00 12,595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    I've just never seen the appeal. I love coffee, why would I want an alternative and apparently disgusting alternative source of caffeine?
    I love it with Vodka, naff as it may seem. For some reason it reminds me of Amoxycilin from when I was young. Loved that stuff.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Mr_Sleep 15 Oct 2013 11:07:12 16,247 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I don't know what most of that means. :D

Does it mean it's better to go to Putney or Fulham?
    :-) Chelsea's ground is actually in Fulham, as confusing as that is. See here. Your closest station will be Fulham Broadway which can be accessed via the district line, the trouble with the district line is that it has two branches and the one you want services the south west which puts you further away from the M4.

I would be very reticent to drive to Putney/Fulham, there's not very much public parking at all and it will be very busy, as it almost always is. Saying that, is it a weeknight match?

In consideration of all this I think FWB might well have been right in the first place! Park up in Chiswick, get the district line from Gunnersbury or Chiswick Park to Earl's Court, change there for the West-bound Wimbledon branch of the district line and get off with all the other Chelsea fans are at Fulham Broadway. This website is your friend.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Shikasama 15 Oct 2013 11:09:45 6,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    I love it with Vodka, naff as it may seem. For some reason it reminds me of Amoxycilin from when I was young. Loved that stuff.
    That's like, double poison.
  • thedaveeyres 15 Oct 2013 11:13:36 9,710 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Vodka Red Bulls got me through many a tough night out in the '00s.

They should stick to drinks though, they fuck up every sport they infest (except flugtag,... that's quite fun).

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• kalel 15 Oct 2013 11:16:04 83,875 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The branded sport team thing is a worrying can of worms. It's like the stadium naming thing, once one team does it, it's hard to see others not following suit, otherwise they're at a financial disadvantage.

It's just a matter of time before some team that would otherwise go bankrupt let a brand re-name them. I wouldn't be surprised if in twenty years (or even ten) everyone is doing it.
  • RedSparrows 15 Oct 2013 11:21:04 20,754 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You're part of the problem, Kalel, you big brander type you.
  • askew 15 Oct 2013 12:22:56 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Surprised Portsmouth didn't become Jobsite FC. But weren't The New Saints sponsored by a company? And of course, there's Airbus UK.
  • nickthegun 15 Oct 2013 12:25:38 55,849 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ugh.. one of the worst things about the smoking ban was walking into a pub and it just fucking reeking of redbull.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 15 Oct 2013 12:26:06 41,864 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You guys do know Red Bull is a sports branding company that happens to make an energy drink right? As opposed to an energy drink company that sponsors a lot of sport?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• nickthegun 15 Oct 2013 12:27:25 55,849 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But, yeah, I think if we were rebranded, that would be it for me. Time to start watching local non-league teams.

The thing, though, is that if they stayed afloat long enough, it would become normal and dinosaurs like me would be seen as cranks as the younger generation went to watch Durex County at Mothers Pride Park.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kalel 15 Oct 2013 12:27:39 83,875 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    askew wrote:
    But weren't The New Saints sponsored by a company?
    They were called Total Network Solutions for a while (TNS, which became The New Saints).

Jeff Stelling used to love making the "they'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" gag every time they won.
  • Deckard1 15 Oct 2013 12:27:59 25,413 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    You guys do know Red Bull is a sports branding company that happens to make an energy drink right? As opposed to an energy drink company that sponsors a lot of sport?
    I did not know that

Called it

• imamazed 15 Oct 2013 12:29:23 5,452 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I bloody love Red Bull (the drink)
  • Page

of 4885 First / Last