The all-new Premier League thread Page 4179

• Page

of 5670 First / Last

• Deleted user 9 October 2013 16:29:39
    Because footballers keep being racist.
  • thedaveeyres 9 Oct 2013 16:40:20 11,607 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At least footballers are generally less racist than football fans, in my experience.

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Deleted user 9 October 2013 16:44:41
    More often than not both are just stupid, rather than truly racist.
  • nickthegun 9 Oct 2013 16:47:03 61,349 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The last time I was at the football, a bloke behind us looked a bit put out after me and my brother turned around and laughed at him after he attempted to grasp at an insult for a few seconds before coming out with 'You...you..you foreign! You... foreign shit!'.

I just pissed myself at the utter crapness of it.

Edited by nickthegun at 16:47:19 09-10-2013

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deleted user 9 October 2013 16:54:22
    The Adebayor elephant song is a great example of that. It's definitely trying to be racist, but whoever wrote it was too stupid to actually fully achieve that goal.
  • nickthegun 9 Oct 2013 16:58:11 61,349 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It has everything. Racism, stupidity and mum diss.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• mcmonkeyplc 9 Oct 2013 17:10:53 39,570 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I hope Danny Wellshit scores the winning goal in the world cup final for England.

BELLENDS!

There I said it.

Oh wrong thread.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• thedaveeyres 9 Oct 2013 17:13:07 11,607 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Directed at us, "You're just a town full of gay bars."

The pink pound help keep the local economy afloat and many of our visitors directly benefit.

Directed back, "We're rather have a tower than a mosque."

We are blessed with both, luckily there's no need to culturally diminish our town by only having one or the other.

I like to make these counter-points loudly and forcefully whilst jamming a broken bottle into the nearest pie-hole.

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• LionheartDJH 9 Oct 2013 19:13:37 19,549 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fans attack new manager at his unveiling believing he supports their biggest rivals.

Apparently he resigned soon after.

She dives for cheese pasties

• reddevil93 9 Oct 2013 19:49:35 12,083 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scott Parker ahead of Micheal Carrick for years sums up England's problem.

• Syrette 9 Oct 2013 19:58:16 44,329 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Shikasama

He wasn't very good for us (Newcastle).

• Deleted user 9 October 2013 20:16:51
    Scott Parker only really regularly got into the England team when he was at West Ham and then Spurs i.e. the period of his career when he was extremely good, and better than Carrick.
  • askew 9 Oct 2013 20:24:41 12,753 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wilshere's comments made me cringe.

I'd rather he keep his mouth shut. No idea why the FA wanted him to do press duties - particularly after Ciggy-gate.

Edited by askew at 20:25:36 09-10-2013
  • kentmonkey 9 Oct 2013 22:04:11 20,936 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    EuroStalker wrote:
    Keep getting those tackles in Wilshere. May be you can win the women's world cup.
    Genderist
  • kentmonkey 9 Oct 2013 22:06:34 20,936 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Fans attack new manager at his unveiling believing he supports their biggest rivals.

Apparently he resigned soon after.
    That's disgusting.

Whether it happened on a pitch or not, there should be sanctions imposed for that.
  • MadCaddy13 9 Oct 2013 22:17:13 2,077 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm in agreement with Wilshire - totally. Except the part of us being hard to beat.
  • mcmonkeyplc 9 Oct 2013 22:26:31 39,570 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    I'm in agreement with Wilshire - totally. Except the part of us being hard to beat.
    No we're hard to beat. Better teams sigh when they get us in tournaments because we turn every defeat into a 15000 page saga.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• FWB 9 Oct 2013 22:27:58 45,652 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The idiot has a point. Just incapable of articulating it very well.
  • customfirmware 9 Oct 2013 22:34:24 822 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    John w Henry was right when he said they're smoking something really strong over at the emirates. Next jack will say arsenal can do the treble.
  • The-Bodybuilder 9 Oct 2013 23:01:20 14,447 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    I hope Danny Wellshit scores the winning goal in the world cup final for England.

BELLENDS!

There I said it.
    Oh wrong thread.
    Scoring winning goals at pivot moments and games doesn't stop them being shit.

It's called "The Macheda Phenomenon".
  • The-Bodybuilder 9 Oct 2013 23:10:46 14,447 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    EuroStalker wrote:
    It's amusing that Jack Wiltshire's comments about eligibility to play for England has descended into accusations of racism. People seem to have overlooked his other comment.

"We have to remember what we are."

"We are English. We tackle hard, are tough on the pitch and are hard to beat.

"We have great characters. You think of Spain and you think technical but you think of England and you think they are brave and they tackle hard. We have to remember that."

That's right. We English are good at tackling and running around like headless chickens on the pitch.

May be Wiltshere's been watching some other team 'cos I can tell you England have been easy to beat. Ask the Germans, Spanish, Italians and Brazilians.

That comment from Wiltshere sums up why England are average. He is good at the headless chicken act and mistiming tackles but technically very poor with zero creativity and footballing intelligence.

Keep getting those tackles in Wilshere. May be you can win the women's world cup.
    Technically very poor with zero creativity and footballing intelligence? Lol okay.
    Wilshere is a lot of things, a dunce who's better with his mouth shot, suffers from short man syndrome (kind of guy to start a fight in a club) and possibly a xenophobe, but a technically poor player he is not.
  • Dougs 10 Oct 2013 07:11:19 69,542 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Agreed.
  • vijay_UK 10 Oct 2013 07:45:00 2,377 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @The-Bodybuilder

Well, he got whizzed out (there's a gr8 thread going elsewhere) of his central midfield slot by a technically gifted player, whatever that means. So Jack's not that good - just good compared to other players of his nationality?
  • kentmonkey 10 Oct 2013 08:53:45 20,936 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't work out if that is a troll or not!

Jack is a technically gifted player with hood creativity that is struggling to overcome injuries and has been displaced by Ozil, one of the most technically gifted and creative players in the world.

It's like having Higuain or Cavani at the same club as Ronaldo or Messi and saying 'well They've been ousted by Ronaldo so they can't be very good at finishing'.

Just because one player isn't as good as another doesn't mean they too can't be technically gifted or creative as well.

As others have said, Wilshere may be thick, a thug, bit of a 'they're all against me ref' player. Maybe. But anyone who thinks he's average is a complete tool. He's not got to anywhere near his best yet this season due to injuries and 'little bit niggles' and he's still not played badly at all. The only bad game he had was for England and that doesn't say much.
  • askew 10 Oct 2013 08:56:23 12,753 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nice attempt. (@vijay_uk) ;)

Edited by askew at 08:56:50 10-10-2013
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 Oct 2013 11:10:48 14,447 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    vijay_UK wrote:
    @The-Bodybuilder

Well, he got whizzed out (there's a gr8 thread going elsewhere) of his central midfield slot by a technically gifted player, whatever that means. So Jack's not that good - just good compared to other players of his nationality?
    Weren't you one of those "Allen is a Welsh Xavi" people?
  • Page

of 5670 First / Last