The all-new Premier League thread Page 4131

• Page

of 5213 First / Last

• Dougs 22 Sep 2013 23:25:35 66,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thought it was a foul on Lloris but fuck knows how the ref saw it.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 22 Sep 2013 23:26:33 2,965 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Jonjo SMELLvy. Hahaha. Ya. Take that Swansea fans.
  • eleven63 22 Sep 2013 23:27:04 1,594 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    SaucyGeoff wrote:
    Loving the irony of arsenal knocking in 3 set piece goals against stoke.
    Trust me, we love it too.
    Yep :)

Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

• TheSaint 22 Sep 2013 23:50:42 14,157 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a tough call on the disallowed goal but what is really annoying is how inconsistent the refs are on it. You'll see Nolan doing far worse than that at almost every corner yet he never seems to get called up on it.
  • Trowel 23 Sep 2013 07:14:29 17,362 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Proposed new Everton crests:

Not overly keen on any of them, will vote for No. 1 I guess :/
  • Shikasama 23 Sep 2013 07:41:27 6,567 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Gonna start calling Soldado Soldadebayor if he keeps this up.
    He was excellent against Norwich last week. He didn't score but he pulls defenders all over the place.

Nearly decapitated one with a back heel as well.
  • King_Edward 23 Sep 2013 07:48:59 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah. Soldado looks like a real handful. Against a less ridiculous keeper he'd have had a hattrick yesterday.
  • FWB 23 Sep 2013 08:05:38 43,633 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trowel wrote:

Yep. Not that great, but number one it is.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 23 Sep 2013 08:29:37 2,965 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Trowel wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUy7CbiCcAAwA-O.jpg

Mehverton :|
  • The-Bodybuilder 23 Sep 2013 08:37:52 13,996 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Listen, nothing is gonna stop me from tainting him as a Spanish Adebayor.

I've clearly got an agenda, and I'll stick to it thanks. Don't need your reasonable evidence stopping.

Besides, Soldadebayor is really clever on my part. Kalel came up with Welshit, I need something.
  • kalel 23 Sep 2013 08:38:58 85,999 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Worked out well for TH with Berberebrov.

And the thing about Welshit is that he really is well shit. It's just meant to be.

Edited by kalel at 08:40:34 23-09-2013
  • Punctum 23 Sep 2013 08:54:17 927 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Lol at all this hands on "how to goalkeep" shit from Shearer. What's all this bollocks?
    It looked so awkward and uncomfortable too.

I hope they keep it.
  • robc84 23 Sep 2013 09:09:56 5,184 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    From my completely honest and unbiased view point, it was clearly a foul and clearly inside the area.

Seriously though, it was foul. But as someone said earlier, fuck knows how the ref saw it. Lloris looked like he'd lost the flight of the ball anyway, so was probably lucky he was fouled.

If the ref has to be 100% sure it was outside the area, and we are still not sure after tons of slowmo replays, how can the ref possibly give it?

A well deserved 3 points in the end I thought. And well played their keeper, probably won't see a better goalkeeping performance all season!
  • thedaveeyres 23 Sep 2013 09:17:41 10,626 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    David Moyes needs to stop being David Moyes and start being Alex Ferguson. Until that happens, I think he's going to struggle to get the fans onside.

Changing his name would be a step in the right direction, then some plastic surgery, finally move on to advanced Ferguson and develop an addiction to red wine and horseracing.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• spindle9988 23 Sep 2013 09:18:30 3,479 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    uglygamer wrote:
    Di canio to go after this game?

Their next three League fixtures are
    Liverpool and United at Home then Swansea away.
    Seriously?

They're, what, 4 games into the season? With loads of new players.

I can't believe this thing is even being considered.
    Well they consdidered it. Cant believe it myself if im honest. Especially as they allowed him to sign 14 players in the summer, something else has definitely gone on there
  • kalel 23 Sep 2013 09:40:23 85,999 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    From my completely honest and unbiased view point, it was clearly a foul and clearly inside the area.

Seriously though, it was foul. But as someone said earlier, fuck knows how the ref saw it. Lloris looked like he'd lost the flight of the ball anyway, so was probably lucky he was fouled.

If the ref has to be 100% sure it was outside the area, and we are still not sure after tons of slowmo replays, how can the ref possibly give it?

A well deserved 3 points in the end I thought. And well played their keeper, probably won't see a better goalkeeping performance all season!
    I worry about Lloris. That's the third time he's done that now. I think frankly we were quite lucky yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, I love that he's effectively a sweeper and I get that it's a huge part of his game. However, I would choose conceding a goal over having a keeper sent off 9 times out of 10, and he is frankly a red card in waiting.
  • mcmonkeyplc 23 Sep 2013 09:44:33 39,376 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @The-Bodybuilder CHAMPIONS!

Thanks for reminding me :)

Come and get it cumslingers!

• robc84 23 Sep 2013 09:45:58 5,184 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    From what I saw, he did seem a bit nervous yesterday. He is obviously a great keeper, but like you say, seems a bit rash at times when it comes to charging out.

I guess if we are playing a high line we need him to be ready to sweep up when needed. He has been lucky twice now. Next 50/50 will probably go against him.
  • mcmonkeyplc 23 Sep 2013 09:46:29 39,376 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    i_hadacheeseburger wrote:
    He needs to stop being so conservative with his set ups in games too.
    He said he wanted consistency in his first few games because of the tough fixtures. He's going to change it up now.

He has no choice really. After yesterday's result and performance I think he has to change it up.

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 09:47:05 23-09-2013

• Widge Moderator 23 Sep 2013 09:47:40 13,211 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Liverpool have really got to fancy sticking the knife in on Wednesday.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• TheSaint 23 Sep 2013 09:48:19 14,157 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nevermind.

Edited by TheSaint at 09:49:44 23-09-2013
  • spindle9988 23 Sep 2013 09:49:59 3,479 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Im having a bet on a suarez hat trick wednesday
  • mcmonkeyplc 23 Sep 2013 09:56:12 39,376 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    :champ:

• kalel 23 Sep 2013 09:56:18 85,999 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Interesting factoid, when Sigs burst the ball yesterday by hitting the cross bar, we should have had a drop ball from that spot - i.e. the goal line.
  • Deleted user 23 September 2013 13:38:32
    President_Weasel wrote:
    He did strongly and repeatedly criticise his own players, which seemed like both a dick move and also a very poor bit of man management, but I'm shocked to see him get sacked after so few games of the season.
    Please god not McLeish though, he makes the entire division more depressing. Although since they're kneejerking away in the Sunderland boardroom you have to assume they'll go from the relatively untried firebrand foreign manager to someone experienced, British, and dull as fuck - but generally speaking 'experience and British' is code for 'failed at least once at this level'.
    He also kept punishing them in ways that got himself into trouble with the PFA. There's nothing wrong with trying to bring in discipline but he was clearly out of his depth both on and off the field.

On the field the board should have known what they were getting but it looks like they took a risk that didn't pay off of the field.  It's not like the Sunderland board haven't been extremely patient with managers in the recent past when results aren't going there way.
  • nickthegun 23 Sep 2013 14:30:16 58,612 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apparenyly, he had team in on sunday and started berating them immediately. Eventually Cattermole told Paulo to fuck himself with a few others joining in and eventually making it clear that pretty much the entire team had lost faith in him as a manager and didnt want to play for him anymore.

This got back to Short, who pulled the trigger almost immediately.

He's was just completely out of his depth to an almost embarrassing fashion. I know everyone says 'six games is too early' but it really isnt.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Feanor 23 Sep 2013 14:32:02 14,024 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    i_hadacheeseburger wrote:
    Moyes got the tactics so wrong yesterday. He set out at team to absorb pressure and hit City on the counter and it failed miserably. The team he put out weren't good enough to pull it off.

Young, welbeck and(sadly)Valencia aren't good enough to be playing for Man utd.
    Kagawa must be ready to hang himself getting stuck behind that lot.
  • nickthegun 23 Sep 2013 14:32:52 58,612 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think Kagawa must have run over Moyes cat to get picked behind Ashley Dung (see what I did there?)

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Page

of 5213 First / Last