The all-new Premier League thread Page 4084

• Page

of 5258 First / Last

• mcmonkeyplc 5 Sep 2013 11:48:40 39,387 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Latin wrote:
    @mcmonkeyplc Fergie would have sold Rooney for one!

I don't think he would have been so negative against Chelsea especially as Chelsea were so bad, he might have started with a similar set up but when it was clear they were offering nothing, I think he would have gone for it.

The Liverpool game was just small time mentality from Moyes, RVP was totally isolated and leaving Kagawa out of the squad entirely was a joke.
    Fergies last act was basically telling Rooney to shut up and stay put.

What was negative about our approach to the Chelsea game?

The liverpool game was wank but I think losing Rooney so close to it effected us. I have no idea why Kags was left out, that is a massive mistake if he's fit, but according to his own press conference Moyes doesn't think he's match fit yet.

That is one that will increasingly piss me off, leaving Kagawa out.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• nickthegun 5 Sep 2013 11:50:35 58,851 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    I actually have my FIFA A badge and coach at a well known championship club
    I've mentioned what club I worked at (West Ham up until a season ago), so I'm sure you wouldn't mind mentioning what championship club you're at.
    And what did you do there The-Bodybuilder? Were you involved in coaching at all levels? Were you on an FA committee for Football education, privy to the state of academies at all levels of the game?

Or did you hear a few blokes talking about the state of football while you were hanging around the car park?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• QotSAfan 5 Sep 2013 11:50:50 1,654 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are people in here seriously defending a player who chose to go to QP-middling-R over a club renowned and probably one of the best in the world at developing youth players?

Also, defending the academy set up of English football is a bit ridiculous considering that most English players are not comfortable on the ball and rely on power more than anything. That is a definitive failure of the English academy set up.
  • Baleoce 5 Sep 2013 11:52:36 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://whatbaleearns.co.uk/ (Probably old by now)

Edited by Baleoce at 11:55:27 05-09-2013

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• SolidSCB 5 Sep 2013 11:54:03 6,405 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've got a 50m swimming badge, a certificate for taking part in a school sports day about 15 years ago and work in an office next to a field where people sometimes play football. This automatically means I know more about the sport than any of you and all of your opinions are invalid.
  • vijay_UK 5 Sep 2013 12:05:18 2,079 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Latin wrote:
    @mcmonkeyplc Fergie would have sold Rooney for one!

I don't think he would have been so negative against Chelsea especially as Chelsea were so bad, he might have started with a similar set up but when it was clear they were offering nothing, I think he would have gone for it.

The Liverpool game was just small time mentality from Moyes, RVP was totally isolated and leaving Kagawa out of the squad entirely was a joke.
    Fergies last act was basically telling Rooney to shut up and stay put.

What was negative about our approach to the Chelsea game?

The liverpool game was wank but I think losing Rooney so close to it effected us. I have no idea why Kags was left out, that is a massive mistake if he's fit, but according to his own press conference Moyes doesn't think he's match fit yet.

That is one that will increasingly piss me off, leaving Kagawa out.
    Quicker, more direct players like Wellbeck, Young and Nani will always get the nod over Kagawa. Which is why England always fail on the international stage, and therefore mocked by other countries for daring to have any hope or ambition.
  • Punctum 5 Sep 2013 12:07:56 932 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Latin wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Latin wrote:
    @mcmonkeyplc I am a fan but not filled with any confidence at the moment!

Moyes needs to go for it against City... If he settles for a draw against them, it will be 2 points against 3 top teams... 1 win and two loses gets more points. That's what he doesn't understand. Too cautious, he's not a winner, nothing in his career suggests he is.
    Give him time. He's only had 3 games. The Chelsea game was bore draw due to Chelsea's tactics more than ours.
    I'm all for patience, but this transfer window, his press conferences, his post match interviews and most importantly his team selections and substitutions have not filled me with any hope. He looks like Hodgson at Liverpool. Good managers but wrong clubs.

What candidate (realistically) would you prefer?
  • Humperfunk 5 Sep 2013 12:10:55 1,951 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MOYES OUT

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Punctum 5 Sep 2013 12:12:41 932 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    QotSAfan wrote:
    Are people in here seriously defending a player who chose to go to QP-middling-R over a club renowned and probably one of the best in the world at developing youth players?
    Maybe he's been guaranteed first team football.
  • Shikasama 5 Sep 2013 12:18:03 6,625 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BREAKING NEWS! Manchester United have reached out to secure a new signing!

http://www.onlymarketingjobs.com/job/1133855/marketing-manager-digital/
  • Youthist 5 Sep 2013 12:42:22 10,010 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    I actually have my FIFA A badge and coach at a well known championship club
    I've mentioned what club I worked at (West Ham up until a season ago), so I'm sure you wouldn't mind mentioning what championship club you're at.
    And what did you do there The-Bodybuilder? Were you involved in coaching at all levels? Were you on an FA committee for Football education, privy to the state of academies at all levels of the game?

Or did you hear a few blokes talking about the state of football while you were hanging around the car park?
    I think he is allowed to express an opinion, if I understand the rules around here correctly. You appear to know those rules well, what with you being an expert on *every* thread, daily.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Blotto 5 Sep 2013 12:48:15 2,723 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Weren't you also the guy who claimed to watch some league and player extensively so you knew all about him?
  • King_Edward 5 Sep 2013 13:02:05 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    I'm aware one wants to stay close to their family, but from a career development point, playing for Ajax week in week out is far far more beneficial for any young player.
    Is that really true though? Playing for QPR puts you closer to the big English clubs, it probably gets you more tv exposure than playing for Ajax too. Players like Valencia Demba Ba got noticed by joining smaller clubs that were closer to the limelight than a lot of pretty big foreign club.

Oh NtG said all this. Nvm.

Edited by King_Edward at 13:08:16 05-09-2013
  • Latin 5 Sep 2013 13:08:20 3,597 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Punctum wrote:
    Latin wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Latin wrote:
    @mcmonkeyplc I am a fan but not filled with any confidence at the moment!

Moyes needs to go for it against City... If he settles for a draw against them, it will be 2 points against 3 top teams... 1 win and two loses gets more points. That's what he doesn't understand. Too cautious, he's not a winner, nothing in his career suggests he is.
    Give him time. He's only had 3 games. The Chelsea game was bore draw due to Chelsea's tactics more than ours.
    I'm all for patience, but this transfer window, his press conferences, his post match interviews and most importantly his team selections and substitutions have not filled me with any hope. He looks like Hodgson at Liverpool. Good managers but wrong clubs.

What candidate (realistically) would you prefer?
    Ancelotti is only 4 years older than Moyes.
  • King_Edward 5 Sep 2013 13:13:31 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why are United fans moaning aboit Moyes' tactics? Fergie won you a billion title loading the midfield with journeymen. For every Ronaldo he always had two Parks, Fletchers, and O'Sheas. Why is this suddenly unacceptable?

Edited by King_Edward at 13:13:49 05-09-2013
  • mcmonkeyplc 5 Sep 2013 13:16:19 39,387 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Errm there is 1 person moaning.

• nickthegun 5 Sep 2013 13:16:29 58,851 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    I think he is allowed to express an opinion, if I understand the rules around here correctly.
    You dont. Im allowed an opinion too, which I have expressed. But because you are an arsehole, you came down on The-Bodybuilders side.

If you had decided that The-Bodybuilder was worth your whiny, passive aggressive ire, you could just have easily interchanged the names as there are two sides to this discussion.

Sadly, you went with your first instinct and whined like a little bitch, which is covered in Clause 5, Subsection 1A of the rules entitled 'Fuck me, Youthist is moaning again'.

He totally called it

• mcmonkeyplc 5 Sep 2013 13:17:12 39,387 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Also it's the fact that we have Shinji and he's not being played that is starting to Irk.

• azurelas_2 5 Sep 2013 13:22:03 1,108 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry if old, but this is hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfQarImZ97Y#t=225

Edited by azurelas_2 at 13:22:45 05-09-2013
  • Youthist 5 Sep 2013 13:22:08 10,010 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Youthist wrote:
    I think he is allowed to express an opinion, if I understand the rules around here correctly.
    You dont. Im allowed an opinion too, which I have expressed. But because you are an arsehole, you came down on The-Bodybuilders side.

If you had decided that The-Bodybuilder was worth your whiny, passive aggressive ire, you could just have easily interchanged the names as there are two sides to this discussion.

Sadly, you went with your first instinct and whined like a little bitch, which is covered in Clause 5, Subsection 1A of the rules entitled 'Fuck me, Youthist is moaning again'.
    You are the one whining / getting upset at someone elses opinion.
    Any yeah, I took his side, what with you being an annoying self opinionated cunt and all.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• nickthegun 5 Sep 2013 13:25:06 58,851 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To cut this short, I know you dont like me and/or are in love with me. I also happen to think you are a terrible waste of life, which is why I dont comment on or ever address you directly because, frankly, it isnt worth it. Its like arguing with Mort from Family Guy.

Please afford me the same respect and never address me directly again unless you have you post peer reviewed as having at least some sense of worth.

Thanks for your time.

He totally called it

• Youthist 5 Sep 2013 13:28:27 10,010 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And your life, spent 'owning' a games forum day in day out, is one that is really being used to it's fullest without a single second wasted - congrats on that one. You can look back and be proud in your later years.

"I told that Youthist chap what was what, that one time".

• Trane 5 Sep 2013 13:30:06 4,050 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    To cut this short, I know you dont like me and/or are in love with me. I also happen to think you are a terrible waste of life, which is why I dont comment on or ever address you directly because, frankly, it isnt worth it. Its like arguing with Mort from Family Guy.

Please afford me the same respect and never address me directly again unless you have you post peer reviewed as having at least some sense of worth.

Thanks for your time.
    To call someone passive aggressive and then come out with that, is frankly hilarious.
  • nickthegun 5 Sep 2013 13:31:18 58,851 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youve had your fun, Youthist. Move it along to the Wii U thread if you really are desperate for someone to pay you attention.

He totally called it

• oceanmotion 5 Sep 2013 13:31:18 15,662 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The game has moved on has it not ?

Man U struggle to compete with the best midfields. That seems to be clear from recent years. Having some fast wing play, power and class up front only gets you so far and Man U are coming up short. League was shite last season which was in their favour.

Early days of course and he has to put his own stamp on it but nothing too positive so far. Moyes should be excited and positive with such a squad being beyond anything he has ever had which makes his dull tactics bizarre.
  • Mr_Sleep 5 Sep 2013 13:31:23 16,852 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Classic internet tÍte a tÍte.

You are a factory of sadness.

• nickthegun 5 Sep 2013 13:32:07 58,851 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    To call someone passive aggressive and then come out with that, is frankly hilarious.
    In the way that its not actually passive aggressive?

He totally called it

• Ka-blamo 5 Sep 2013 13:34:15 7,292 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's just tit for tit
  • nickthegun 5 Sep 2013 13:38:07 58,851 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The big, flobbly kind.

So.... how about that national sports team?

He totally called it

• Trane 5 Sep 2013 13:38:49 4,050 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Trane wrote:
    In the way that its not actually passive aggressive?
    I know it isn't, it's worse.
  • Page

of 5258 First / Last