The all-new Premier League thread Page 3997

• Page

of 4885 First / Last

• kalel 28 Aug 2013 09:53:21 83,875 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    @kalel I hear what you are saying, but we have a lot of new players and I hope once they have all settled in we may find our creative touch. I'm not saying it isn't missing at the moment, just that I am hoping we have the players at the club who can provide it.

Failing that, are there actually any creative players about that we would realistically have a chance of signing?
    Eriksen seems to be available and relatively cheap. I know he's a bit of a gamble in that he might not suit the PL and he has a few attitude issues, but he's exactly the sort we need imo.

Failing that, given the sums we've been bidding for the likes of Willian (and the amount likely to come in for Bale), we could actually really go for it and try and get Pastore or Mata or Ozil or even Rooney. I know these are ridiculous targets but it might be worth a go. Seems like we're really trying to get to the next level and someone might like the idea of being part of that (especially if we pay them enough).
  • kalel 28 Aug 2013 09:56:57 83,875 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Also I should think Lamela will go a long way to solving this issue tbh.
  • robc84 28 Aug 2013 09:57:20 4,350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I do like the idea of Rooney. If he had his hunger and confidence back. Mata or Ozil would be amazing. Don't know much about Pastore.

I think we would be in with an outside chance if we could offer CL. But as it stands, I don't think we stand a chance with any of these.

Eriksen seems the most likely. I didn't know he had attitude problems. I thought he was very level headed and fairly loyal to Ajax?
  • LeD 28 Aug 2013 09:58:48 6,192 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just read that di Maria has signed a contract to stay at RM until 2018, just a year ago. So that's that, no way we'd be willing to pay a transfer fee that is likely to be enormous.
  • kalel 28 Aug 2013 10:00:49 83,875 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I dunno. I heard Eriksen was a bit of an issue but maybe not. Don't know how loyal he is. Issued a fairly overt come and get me to Spurs earlier this summer.
  • oceanmotion 28 Aug 2013 10:01:44 15,243 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SSN seem to think Chelsea are going to sign a Portuguese winger, Christian Atsu.
  • LeD 28 Aug 2013 10:03:31 6,192 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Feck me Monday can't come soon enough, this is seriously hitting my work rate
  • robc84 28 Aug 2013 10:07:08 4,350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think Eriksen has always said he will leave Ajax at some point, but only if the right offer came in.

I may be wrong, but I thought he had turned down big money offers already.
  • kalel 28 Aug 2013 10:08:03 83,875 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ‘Tottenham are a great club, but there has not been any contact. If there is an approach, I see it as an opportunity to try something new, but if nothing comes, I do not mind staying.’ – Christian Eriksen.
  • kalel 28 Aug 2013 10:09:37 83,875 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    SSN seem to think Chelsea are going to sign a Portuguese winger, Christian Atsu.
    Heh, we made contact with his people a couple of weeks ago.

OMG ALL CHELSEA DO IS TRY AND STEAL OUR TARGETS WHY DONT THEY GET THEIR OWN SCOUTS INSTEAD OF JUST SITTING IN DANIEL LEVYS CAR BOOT AND SPYING IM SO ANNOYED WITH CHELSEA AND THEIR OBSESSION WITH SPURS!
  • robc84 28 Aug 2013 10:11:44 4,350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    ‘Tottenham are a great club, but there has not been any contact. If there is an approach, I see it as an opportunity to try something new, but if nothing comes, I do not mind staying.’ – Christian Eriksen.
    Sounds fair enough to me. Not sure how I'd feel if I were an Ajax fan though!!

I suppose you could look at it as he is being honest about his intentions. Probably not the best way to endear yourself to the fans though.
  • robc84 28 Aug 2013 10:12:48 4,350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    oceanmotion wrote:

OMG ALL CHELSEA DO IS TRY AND STEAL OUR TARGETS WHY DONT THEY GET THEIR OWN SCOUTS INSTEAD OF JUST SITTING IN DANIEL LEVYS CAR BOOT AND SPYING IM SO ANNOYED WITH CHELSEA AND THEIR OBSESSION WITH SPURS!
    The All New Spurs Thread (No Chelsea)
  • Punctum 28 Aug 2013 10:13:38 847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Can't wait to see Lamela in the Premier league. But I can't understand why the bigger clubs haven't gone for him. He's at least on par with Bale for ability.
  • kalel 28 Aug 2013 10:14:48 83,875 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Punctum wrote:
    Can't wait to see Lamela in the Premier league. But I can't understand why the bigger clubs haven't gone for him. He's at least on par with Bale for ability.
    He isn't from what I've seen. He's about on par with where Bale was three years ago (which is fine as he's also about that much younger than Bale).

Fantastic potential though.

And plenty of time for other teams to step in yet...
  • Punctum 28 Aug 2013 10:18:27 847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    robc84 wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Sounds fair enough to me. Not sure how I'd feel if I were an Ajax fan though!!

I suppose you could look at it as he is being honest about his intentions. Probably not the best way to endear yourself to the fans though.

I think it's pretty much accepted by Ajax fans (and Eridivisie fans in general) their stars want to move on as soon as possible.
  • LeD 28 Aug 2013 11:21:16 6,192 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lamela in London for his medical;)
  • THFourteen 28 Aug 2013 11:26:31 31,804 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Are people forgetting that Mata blew us off two years ago? He can do one IMO fucking twat
    Come on THF, the whole super-negative profile must be taking its toll now, requiring super amount of effort.

And Mata didn't blow us off, we dicked him about and Chelsea came in for a better offer. Honestly, its like you want us to be shit, to not get players like Mata and only get cheap shits like Gervinho.

I don't see the point in us getting Mata seeing as he's basically Cazorla. But Chelsea and Mourinho does have previous in selling us good players that he doesn't rate (that very good midget DM).

But a defensive DM, CB and Striker is still our main areas of need. don't know why Wenger is infatuated with adding more small technically creative midfielders (Kebab and Mata).
    I'm actually totally the opposite, i'm not in a negative mood at all, i'm incredibly happy that we dont have cunts like suarez, nasri, adebayor playing for us now, and i dont want any new ones thanks.

Maybe you guys are willing to trade that for pie in the sky "competetiveness" but i dont want to.

happy happy joy joy

edit : i'll take cabaye thanks

Edited by THFourteen at 11:26:58 28-08-2013
  • Tom_Servo 28 Aug 2013 11:31:53 15,533 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    oceanmotion wrote:

Funnily enough, the story around a month ago was that Liverpool were on the verge of signing him. :D
  • SuperCoolEskimo 28 Aug 2013 11:34:49 9,529 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apparently Vitesse have allocated Atsu his squad number already.
  • kalel 28 Aug 2013 11:38:02 83,875 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Doesn't matter. We've given Bale one. Final squads aren't submitted until after the window shuts.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 28 Aug 2013 11:40:59 9,529 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was kidding btw. But it's obvious Atsu will hardly kick a ball for Chelsea if they do sign him.
  • Tom_Servo 28 Aug 2013 11:41:03 15,533 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Atsu plays for Porto right now though.

edit: Ah, never mind.

Edited by Tom_Servo at 11:41:28 28-08-2013
  • SuperCoolEskimo 28 Aug 2013 11:43:48 9,529 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I do like how Bale 'is refusing to train' yet Suarez was 'on strike'.
  • robc84 28 Aug 2013 11:54:49 4,350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Ah but remember, Bale is also 'Furious' at Spurs.
  • kalel 28 Aug 2013 12:00:51 83,875 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is it possible Bale has actually signed for Madrid, but we've just asked them not to announce it yet. Would explain why he isn't training.
  • Kay 28 Aug 2013 12:01:47 17,402 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If he's already signed then why would he be "FURIOUS" at Spurs?
  • kalel 28 Aug 2013 12:03:12 83,875 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The answer is, he isn't furious at Spurs.
  • LeD 28 Aug 2013 12:06:20 6,192 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If he was furious, surely he would have BLASTED Spurs by now?
  • Widge Moderator 28 Aug 2013 12:07:06 12,595 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Eh? Wasn't Suarez told to train solo? Or have I missed some on strike part of things?

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• LeD 28 Aug 2013 12:07:28 6,192 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In other news, Twitter chatter that Flamini and Arsenal have come to an agreement, and that the Suarez deal could be back on. I shit you not.
  • Page

of 4885 First / Last