The all-new Premier League thread Page 3942

• Page

of 5248 First / Last

• wogsy81 19 Aug 2013 22:02:11 717 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Formatting looks childish and "letter" is misspelled. Still, is from a scouser.
    I laughed at that :)

And i actually got a footie prediction right for possibly the first time in my life. I said to my man city supporting workmate that it'll be 3 maybe 4-0.
    Im taking that as a sign that its our year this year. Top 4 for the Pool confirmed.
  • Dougs 19 Aug 2013 22:03:34 66,637 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Ha, missed that, was on my phone. Shame.
  • Youthist 19 Aug 2013 22:09:30 10,010 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    wogsy81 wrote:
    FWB wrote:

And i actually got a footie prediction right for possibly the first time in my life. I said to my man city supporting workmate that it'll be 3 maybe 4-0.
    Im taking that as a sign that its our year this year. Top 4 for the Pool confirmed.
    "3 , maybe 4-0" - I am not sure that this even constitutes the prediction was "right"......!

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Blotto 19 Aug 2013 22:11:09 2,708 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This tweet from ITV football made me both laugh and cry

"Spurs closing in on Falcao and Willian, Arsenal want 17 year-old winger"
  • Dougs 19 Aug 2013 22:11:54 66,637 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ya know. Carra. Shut up
  • FWB 19 Aug 2013 22:12:43 43,806 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How the hell did he get a job speaking for living?
  • Dougs 19 Aug 2013 22:14:52 66,637 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fucked if I know. And Neville can barely get a word in
  • Tom_Servo 19 Aug 2013 22:15:23 17,297 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He needs to calm down a bit. A lot of ranting and raving from him at the moment, the words are just tumbling out of him.

Compare and contrast with the surprisingly eloquent and well-spoken Neville.
  • Humperfunk 19 Aug 2013 22:16:52 1,920 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It boggles the mind that Carragher has been employed in a role that requires communication. Listen to him! EY! EY!

Horrible.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Dougs 19 Aug 2013 22:20:42 66,637 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I suppose that's better than the Tony Adams rabbit in the headlights act.
  • Trowel 19 Aug 2013 22:21:19 17,427 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Crikey:

https://twitter.com/FourthOfficial_/status/369516955729797120
    Heh, I liked the watermark.

Was shown to be a fake when the real letter emerged:
  • FWB 19 Aug 2013 22:24:11 43,806 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Date gives that second one away.
  • wogsy81 19 Aug 2013 22:41:42 717 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    wogsy81 wrote:
    FWB wrote:

"3 , maybe 4-0" - I am not sure that this even constitutes the prediction was "right"......!
    Thats the most right (ish) ive ever been on a footie prediction and im bloody having it! No one is taking it away from me.
  • TheDarkKnight 19 Aug 2013 22:43:51 673 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Blotto wrote:

"Spurs closing in on Falcao and Willian, Arsenal want 17 year-old winger"
    Willian maybe, Falcao no way.

A silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight. Twitch PSN The_Apostle

• wogsy81 19 Aug 2013 22:47:57 717 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    How the hell did he get a job speaking for living?
    You should see Joey Barton giving it out on twitter about Carra.
    Has said "Someone take the helium of Carragher. my dog is going mental here" "Dogs are standing to attention everytime Carra speaks" and just now "Im turning over. Cant find anything positive to say about Carra's accen. Its annoying me"

I apologise for quoting the bellend that is Barton but being a scouser himself its pretty funny :)

Im actually liking Carra myself and he definitely knows his stuff. Just needs to "calmmm down, calmmm down" a bit.
  • Deleted user 19 August 2013 22:50:15
    Blotto wrote:

"Spurs closing in on Falco and Will.I.Am, Arsenal want 17 year-old winger"
    Fixed that for you. Also: more likely.
  • The-Bodybuilder 19 Aug 2013 22:58:15 14,056 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    I don't get the outrage of the timing though. What are we supposed to do, only bid the day after a game or something? Yes, it unsettles a player, but that's the nature of having a transfer window still open after the season starts.
    Dunno, maybe but a bid in during the months of June and July?
  • Dougs 19 Aug 2013 23:00:31 66,637 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seriously? Come on.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 19 Aug 2013 23:04:45 9,709 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    We bid for Cabaye yesterday.
  • The-Bodybuilder 19 Aug 2013 23:09:43 14,056 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just saying Newcastle fans wouldn't be moaning about unsettling if we did it in June.

Either way, since they are our "no new funds" buddies (drake reference for those who know), maybe we should try raiding them for players.
    Krul
    Colocchini
    M'Bia or whatever
    And certainly Ben Arfa.

Couldn't give a monkey about anyone else, including Mr. Kebab.
  • FWB 19 Aug 2013 23:13:20 43,806 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You've got the problem that nobody wants to move to the Emirates, and even less so when you go out of the CL in the next two weeks.
  • morriss 19 Aug 2013 23:27:56 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23755864

Monaco star Radamel Falcao rejects claims he is set to leave the Ligue 1 club less than three months after his 51m move from Atletico Madrid.
    Reports in Spain suggested the Colombia striker, 27, wanted to leave the newly promoted side over proposals to cut his tax-free salary. Falcao scored his second goal in two matches with a penalty in Monaco's 4-1 win against Montpellier on Sunday.
    "Everything is false. I believe in the project and I'm staying," he says.
  • Humperfunk 19 Aug 2013 23:31:01 1,920 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    "I believe in the project"

Please stop using the word project. Urgh.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• RedSparrows 19 Aug 2013 23:41:34 21,998 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    'I believe in being paid fuckloads as part of a doped squad so I can either demand more later in the year, or leave for a more prestigious club'.
  • The-Bodybuilder 20 Aug 2013 08:05:45 14,056 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Project Mo'Money.
  • THFourteen 20 Aug 2013 08:58:10 32,857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    You've got the problem that nobody wants to move to the Emirates, and even less so when you go out of the CL in the next two weeks.
    I think players from other teams who aren't wanted by the big clubs would still like to move to the Emirates.

It just doesnt improve our first team very much, although it does improve our squad.

I dunno about Coloccini, i like the idea of him but think he is a bit ropey at times
  • Widge Moderator 20 Aug 2013 09:04:05 13,252 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So it looks like Jekko will be spearheading the City front line based on yesterdays performance.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• roz123 20 Aug 2013 09:10:56 7,112 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    So it looks like Jekko will be spearheading the City front line based on yesterdays performance.
    Yep, I put him in my fantasy football team and whilst he played well with his back to goal, linking up play, he really should have scored a bucket load. It was frustrating that he only ended up with 4 points.
    I thought Fernandinho looked like he will be a top player for Man City.
  • FutileResistor 20 Aug 2013 09:13:10 1,220 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    If bale was playing for real it would be a fair bet that he wouldnt score far off that ratio.

The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Futaba wrote:
    FutileResistor wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Ronaldo and Messi are the 2 best players in the planet and possibly the best ever.
    Bale for that much gives the impression he's in that bracket.

He's phenomenal, but he's not in the planet. IMO, Van Persie is still better than him, and he's not in that realm of super top players.

But whatevs.
    Nobody else is remotely in that bracket. Once Bale has scored a goal a game for 3 seasons running we can put him in that bracket.
    That's what he meant, the price tag of 80m+ for Bale being mooted implies he is that good, but he's not. Not yet, at least.
    Wasn't sure if I hadn't explained myself properly there when I read his response. heh. :p

I did misread TBB's original comment and I apologise for that but I would argue against the idea that Bale gives the impression he's in that bracket. You are all mad if you think Bale is going to go to Real Madrid and score a goal a game.

David Villa, Ibrahimovich, Higuain and Benzema have all played as strikers for Barcelona and Real Madrid while Messi and Ronaldo have been there. I consider the first three to be better goal scorers than Bale currently is. None of them were even close to getting a goal a game. Bale will never reach Messi and Ronaldo's level. They are the only players to have done this since Pele hung up his boots. The fact that we have the two of them playing at the same time is incredible. Bale will not be the third statistical anomaly.
  • FutileResistor 20 Aug 2013 09:18:11 1,220 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    FutileResistor wrote:
    @kalel

So is your answer a 40m for Bale from Arsenal, a direct rival for a CL place, would be a joke bid, but a bid from Manchester Utd wouldn't be.
    Look, let's see if we can simply this by removing some of the odd hypotheticals and comparisons of this discussion.

I'm assuming you think Suarez is worth around 50m yes? So the question is, would I consider an opening bid of 30m for a player worth 50m to be a joke? The answer is no, especially as I think 50m is on the high side considering his issues, the fact that he publicly wants out, and that 50m gets you players like Cavani and Falcao, who score more and aren't racist/bitey.

Would I consider a 25m bid for two players who are individually worth 20m-30m each to be a joke? The answer is yes.
    There are no odd hypothetical in this discussion. It's simple, a major factor in the 30m being a joke bid in my opinion is that it would be ridiculous for Liverpool, whose goal is a CL place, to sell Suarez to Arsenal. Tottenham have the same goal and if Arsenal made a bid for Bale, you would absolutely take simultaneously strengthening a rival for a CL place and weakening yourself into account. Why is ok for you to consider it a factor for Tottenham but not for me to consider it a factor for Liverpool?

Again I don't expect you to answer because you've skipped the question twice already.

Would you consider a 40m bid for Bale from Arsenal, a direct rival for a CL place, a joke bid? I know Levy would piss himself laughing.
  • Page

of 5248 First / Last