The all-new Premier League thread Page 3835

  • Page

    of 5264 First / Last

  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 09:26:58
    kalel wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    So can we have Ronaldo back now?
    I think there's a very reasonable chance you'll get Modric. Madrid haven't even paid us for him yet, and now they're going to need to find a lot more money for Bale, plus they've already spent a fortune this window.
    I'd be delighted if we managed to get Modric, finally after all these years of wanting us to sign him.

    EDIT- without adding the Levy tax too.

    Edited by iHAZaCHEEZ3burger at 09:27:50 01-08-2013
  • Dougs 1 Aug 2013 09:32:06 66,728 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    The tricky bit for Levy is going to be the fan reaction to him not spending all the money on players. I have a feeling Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado is effectively the replacement players, but people will be expecting much more if Bale goes.
    Aye. It's a tricky balancing act - without CL football this year, you'd have to throw an awful lot to convince the top players to come. Might be wise to hold on to most for next year/Jan and see how the season pans out.
  • Frogofdoom 1 Aug 2013 09:32:45 871 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    dont think we will be getting him, Ancelotti has already said he is going nowhere. It seems he has started playing pokemon with midfielders.
  • kalel 1 Aug 2013 09:33:30 86,421 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Soldado and Paulinho are pretty significant big names players, the former extremely so. That's a coup for a non CL team.
  • nickthegun 1 Aug 2013 09:35:40 58,907 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think you are generally seen as a team thats going places and certainly the biggest draw outside the top four, so you should be able to get top tier players.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Humperfunk 1 Aug 2013 09:38:28 1,982 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I hope SOMETHING happens today, I can't actually think of a single transfer yet that's made me actually take notice.

    PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

  • Dougs 1 Aug 2013 09:39:49 66,728 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Indeed - but it's cost 26m plus a decent weekly wage. Big investment that would be needed another 2-3 times to take you to the next level imo. Same as us really.
  • kalel 1 Aug 2013 09:40:55 86,421 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I think you are generally seen as a team thats going places and certainly the biggest draw outside the top four, so you should be able to get top tier players.
    Not to mention the appeal of being a great way to end up at Madrid.

    Seriously, I keep hearing how we're doing ourselves damage as being seen as Madrid's feeder club, but that seems to me to be a brilliant thing to be seen as.
  • kalel 1 Aug 2013 09:41:22 86,421 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Indeed - but it's cost 26m plus a decent weekly wage. Big investment that would be needed another 2-3 times to take you to the next level imo. Same as us really.
    Our next level is finishing above you.
  • mcmonkeyplc 1 Aug 2013 09:41:33 39,387 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JESUS! Navas was a big signing in my opinion.

    I don't want the simian to go. I like having Spurs challenging :(
    We need him in the premier league.

    I wonder how our cesc pesting is going.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • captbirdseye 1 Aug 2013 09:42:00 4,787 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Joe Kinnear joining Newcastle has been pretty fun.
  • Frogofdoom 1 Aug 2013 09:42:22 871 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Only as long as Madrid are paying their debts. If you arent getting the cash out of them up front then its not as good a deal as it looks

    Edited by Frogofdoom at 09:43:35 01-08-2013
  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 09:56:15
    Yeas but many players will see it as doing well at Spurs can earn them a transfer to Real. That's why it's a good deal.

    Spurs get a quality player playing out of his skin for a few years and then a massive profit.
  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 10:08:12
    kalel wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    The tricky bit for Levy is going to be the fan reaction to him not spending all the money on players. I have a feeling Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado is effectively the replacement players, but people will be expecting much more if Bale goes.
    He also has the, fairly reasonable, get out clause of stadium costs.
    I think we'd need to see some significant movement in the new stadium thing for that to calm fans, especially as it's all gone very quiet indeed on that front.
    I wouldn't be surprised if all, or at least 75% of the bale fee went to the stadium fund. It be a significant amount of it paid off. We had the windfall of tv stuff this year as well.

    Glad soldado seems to be done. Surprised considering his age and cost , but it makes a nice change.
  • kalel 1 Aug 2013 10:10:05 86,421 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really not feeling that gutted about him leaving tbh. Maybe just because I've been mentally preparing myself all season anyway, but I'm excited at the new signings, and quite looking forward to moving on without the constant speculation about Bale hanging over us.
  • Deckard1 1 Aug 2013 10:12:02 27,265 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think once a player makes it totally apparent that he doesn't want to play for you anymore, its easy enough to move on. Unless you're a Liverpool fan.
  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 10:12:33
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Yeas but many players will see it as doing well at Spurs can earn them a transfer to Real. That's why it's a good deal.

    Spurs get a quality player playing out of his skin for a few years and then a massive profit.
    In general, we buy well, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

    Lloris, vertonghen, kaboul, walker, sandro, bale, lennon (1mil!), carrick, modric, berbatov, who i think we could or have sold on for big money, or make a big profit.

    At the same time, i think he is a player who will attract some big name players, it could be a rosy time for our club if he stays.
  • nickthegun 1 Aug 2013 10:16:12 58,907 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I think once a player makes it totally apparent that he doesn't want to play for you anymore, its easy enough to move on. Unless you're a Liverpool fan.
    Thats the thing, he hasnt really. its much easier to see a player grow and then a team come in for him to take him to the next level than some fuckhead like suarez continually issuing come-and-get-me pleas.

    Bale has been a proper pro throughout this, so its no wonder people dont begrudge him moving on.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • LeoliansBro 1 Aug 2013 10:19:44 43,284 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bale's attitude is a credit to him. Spurs as well, really. Shows up all the palaver and drama most clubs and players cook up between themselves and the media as the overegged and childish ridiculousness that it is.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • kalel 1 Aug 2013 10:21:20 86,421 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Bale's attitude is a credit to him. Spurs as well, really. Shows up all the palaver and drama most clubs and players cook up between themselves and the media as the overegged and childish ridiculousness that it is.
    So far so good, but for now we can only assume that everyone is roughly getting what they want. It could yet turn nasty.
  • Humperfunk 1 Aug 2013 10:24:44 1,982 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I hope it gets nasty, this has been the most boring transfer window I can remember. Not that they're particularly exciting but nothing seems to be happening at all. Bale throwing his toys out the pram of Zidane headbutting Levy would make it more interesting.

    PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 10:28:32
    August might get interesting transfer wise.

    I'm surprised how City have gone quietly about their business with no fuss.
  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 10:30:00
    nickthegun wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I think once a player makes it totally apparent that he doesn't want to play for you anymore, its easy enough to move on. Unless you're a Liverpool fan.
    Thats the thing, he hasnt really. its much easier to see a player grow and then a team come in for him to take him to the next level than some fuckhead like suarez continually issuing come-and-get-me pleas.

    Bale has been a proper pro throughout this, so its no wonder people dont begrudge him moving on.
    Totally. I was about to write this, but afrad i might be boring you guys ha.

    Theres been talk on our end that his been offered a new contract and captaincy. He always been a model pro, always polite, no materialistic goods, cars, and bling, etc etc.
    Its something about our club in recent years, barring a few ledley king night club moments, we are a pretty well behaved club, with a degree of professionalism. Its rubs of.

    And his kept his mouth shut through out all of this.

    Thats why theres a small part of me , thinking we just been taking for a ride by the media and madrid. It gets them in the press (And us for that matter).
  • Deckard1 1 Aug 2013 10:30:03 27,265 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    I hope it gets nasty, this has been the most boring transfer window I can remember. Not that they're particularly exciting but nothing seems to be happening at all. Bale throwing his toys out the pram of Zidane headbutting Levy would make it more interesting.
    Our pursuit of Darren Bent is looking to get interesting again.
  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 10:34:51
    Tottenham reach agreement with valencia over soldado.
  • kalel 1 Aug 2013 10:42:14 86,421 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think after what happened with Berbatov and Modric, the club probably see the value in keeping things extremely amicable with Bale as well.

    There's a very decent change of him leaving Madrid in a few years, perhaps even one or two if he totally flops, and ideally he'll fall straight back into our loving arms. I'm sure this will also be part of any deal with Madrid re: buy backs and sell-on clauses and such.
  • kalel 1 Aug 2013 11:04:23 86,421 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Soldado officially announced on the Spurs OS.
  • Deckard1 1 Aug 2013 11:06:06 27,265 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I bought him in Fifa once and he was a bit shit. Just putting that out there.
  • kalel 1 Aug 2013 11:06:56 86,421 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Your face is a bit shit.
  • Deckard1 1 Aug 2013 11:08:04 27,265 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its my lazy eye isn't it. I KNEW IT
  • Page

    of 5264 First / Last

Log in or register to reply