The all-new Premier League thread Page 3773

• Page

of 5667 First / Last

• Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:35:37
    Wasn't he just critical of the board in an interview or something?
  • nickthegun 16 Jul 2013 16:35:55 61,348 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dont think they ever released reasons outside of him moaning about the amount of money he had (or didnt have) to spend.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• askew 16 Jul 2013 16:36:42 12,746 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Doing a shit on Palace's dressing room floor.

Allegedly.
  • Tom_Servo 16 Jul 2013 16:38:37 18,082 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sunderland are either going to be comfortably midtable or relegated next season. Should be fun either way.

Nice that teams like Swansea, Norwich and Sunderland are splashing the telly money. It'll undoubtedly increase the gap between the Premier League and the Championship, but it might make the Premier League a touch more interesting too.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:40:07
    It's not looking good for Newcastle imo. Maybe they sussed out where they were going wrong last season and so don't need to sign players.
  • nickthegun 16 Jul 2013 16:41:23 61,348 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Basically, anyone who goes up after this season will either get annihilated or have to spend themselves into insolvency.

Still, it will be good for the playoff final hyperbole. THE 4 JILLION POUND GAME!

• Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:41:28
    askew wrote:
    Doing a shit on Palace's dressing room floor.

Allegedly.
    O_O

I find it hard to believe he'd be sacked for moaning about funds and whatnot (although it is possible). It all seems to be a bit...clandestine is all.

Taking a territorial dump sounds more plausible grounds for a sacking :)
  • Tom_Servo 16 Jul 2013 16:43:16 18,082 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Basically, anyone who goes up after this season will either get annihilated or have to spend themselves into insolvency.

Still, it will be good for the playoff final hyperbole. THE 4 JILLION POUND GAME!
    I wouldn't be looking forward to the season if I were a Palace fan. It could be Derby levels (sorry).
  • nickthegun 16 Jul 2013 16:44:45 61,348 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Every year I hope to god someone takes a few records off us. Its one of the reasons I was a bit annoyed that Mark Hughes got the tin tack last year.

• Blotto 16 Jul 2013 16:45:05 2,777 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Sunderland are either going to be comfortably midtable or relegated next season. Should be fun either way.

Nice that teams like Swansea, Norwich and Sunderland are splashing the telly money. It'll undoubtedly increase the gap between the Premier League and the Championship, but it might make the Premier League a touch more interesting too.
    For at least this season, it seems that whilst the prices for the very top players are being inflated by the new money (doubt we'll see a big name striker going for less than 40 mill) the value of "good/great" players doesn't seem to be going up.

Early days, but it does seem like the mid table teams can afford better players now whilst things have stayed pretty much the same for the top teams. Should make for a competitive league hopefully.
  • nickthegun 16 Jul 2013 16:46:07 61,348 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Taking a territorial dump sounds more plausible grounds for a sacking :)
    The main thrust of his tribunal defence was that shitting on the floor is acceptable in Uraguay.

/route one

• Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:46:43
    :D
  • nickthegun 16 Jul 2013 16:47:38 61,348 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the average player price (for a player of average ability) is starting to get back to where it should be after city pretty much fucked the entire journeyman economy.

• Tom_Servo 16 Jul 2013 16:53:16 18,082 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I guess they've gone back down after clubs have realised you can't shift them?
  • vijay_UK 16 Jul 2013 17:37:25 2,377 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

I wouldn't be looking forward to the season if I were a Palace fan. It could be Derby levels (sorry).
    Oi! Trouncing Spurs first game will send a message to everyone in the division - we mean business and will get fourth from bottom. Selhurst Park will be a fortress this season, no ref will be safe from Holloway.
  • vijay_UK 16 Jul 2013 17:38:19 2,377 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cavani to PSG, 55m.
  • Trowel 16 Jul 2013 18:00:54 18,073 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SSN sources: Rooney been on the phone to Moyes and told him outright he is "angry and confused" at the comments Moyes has made recently, calling him squad player.
  • oceanmotion 16 Jul 2013 18:08:21 16,129 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I guess other bidders seen sense at 50 million!

Sell the fucker already. Would love it if Moyes deliberately said it to see if Rooney would spit the dummy out.

Edited by oceanmotion at 18:09:52 16-07-2013
  • ElNuevo9 16 Jul 2013 18:13:33 13,606 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bless Wayne, the precious little poppet.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Tom_Servo 16 Jul 2013 18:16:03 18,082 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Was surprised Moyes came out and said Rooney is only there in case Van Persie is injured. If that's true Rooney seems a rather expensive bench player to have knocking around. Maybe Moyes actually does want rid.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 16 Jul 2013 18:17:42 10,072 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Reckon most of us would be pretty pissed off if a guy with no history of success came in and said you're just a back up after years of top level service.
  • ElNuevo9 16 Jul 2013 18:25:09 13,606 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He played like a cunt for most of last season and his attitude for the most part was appalling.

More importantly, I'm surprised that Rooney can manage two emotions at the same time.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• captbirdseye 16 Jul 2013 18:25:13 5,490 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @vijay_UK just like all he dodgy penalties you got last year which sent you up :p.
  • captbirdseye 16 Jul 2013 18:25:32 5,490 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @vijay_UK just like all he dodgy penalties you got last year which sent you up :p.
  • Syrette 16 Jul 2013 18:28:50 44,302 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    It's not looking good for Newcastle imo. Maybe they sussed out where they were going wrong last season and so don't need to sign players.
    We don't need to sign lots of players (plenty of the younger lads are ready to make the step up I feel; the likes of Bigirimana, Campbell and Vuckic), I wouldn't be surprised if one week it all comes together and we get 2-3 new faces in the space of a few days.

Either way the club do need a couple of strikers. Especially as Shola is set to leave. That would leave the club with a single proper senior striker in Cisse, whose own future is a little uncertain.

Seen a number of players leave so as things stand the team is unquestionably weaker.

Worth pointing out that Gouffran and Sissoko were originally meant to join in the summer, but the club were in such dire straits back in January that we paid a bit extra to get them in for half a season.

• Tom_Servo 16 Jul 2013 18:35:38 18,082 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm sure The Guardian have said his pay packet is more like 300k, which frankly he isn't worth.

I guess the problem with flogging him is that he isn't good enough for the clubs who could afford his wages. The only destination I can see is PSG, and they've just bought Cavani.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 18:35:44
    Amazing that apparently pretty much every team in the PL passed on the chance to sign Cavani when he was at Palermo. He was being hardcore touted around by them. They were desperate to offload him.

Now he's a 50m striker. Just shows you. That could be Darren Bent in a couple of years.
  • TheSaint 16 Jul 2013 18:36:47 14,833 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Worst case they always have one goal Welbeck as back up.
  • Syrette 16 Jul 2013 18:40:48 44,302 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    I'm sure The Guardian have said his pay packet is more like 300k, which frankly he isn't worth.

I guess the problem with flogging him is that he isn't good enough for the clubs who could afford his wages. The only destination I can see is PSG, and they've just bought Cavani.
    That's 300k before (very significant) tax, right?

If that's 300k after tax, that's even more absurd.

• Page

of 5667 First / Last