The all-new Premier League thread Page 3772

  • Page

    of 5658 First / Last

  • spindle9988 16 Jul 2013 13:06:24 3,676 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have said it before and I will say it again. Bent is a proven premier league goalscorer. There arent many of them about
  • jamievilla 16 Jul 2013 13:07:29 596 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As I've said before he's just the wrong player for us now, wages too high and too one dimensional. Benteke being on 20k is indicative of the wages we're willing to pay now.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 13:09:29
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I have said it before and I will say it again. Bent is a proven premier league goalscorer. There arent many of them about
    You said it before yes, but he's very much in the Marcus Stewart and Michael Ricketts bracket of proven PL goalscorer to be frank.
  • Mr_Sleep 16 Jul 2013 13:12:03 17,368 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Heh, it feels like the same discussion around Bent every time. He scores goals but he adds nothing to the team otherwise and Villa are not a team that can deal, at the moment, with having a player that only turns up to score a goal off his arse every once in a while.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • captbirdseye 16 Jul 2013 14:37:53 5,464 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Di Canio signings are well...pretty crap! This is really gonna end in tears.
  • nickthegun 16 Jul 2013 14:40:41 61,299 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bent is one of the elite pantheon of players who has a cumulative transfer fee that absolutely beggars belief.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • imamazed 16 Jul 2013 14:41:28 5,954 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I have said it before and I will say it again. Bent is a proven premier league goalscorer. There arent many of them about
    You said it before yes, but he's very much in the Marcus Stewart and Michael Ricketts bracket of proven PL goalscorer to be frank.
    Michael Barrington Ricketts - 21 goals in 91 PL appearances.

    Darren Ashley Bent - 104 goals in 251 PL appearances.

    Not really comparable at all really. I think Darren Bent could do well at many clubs.
  • nickthegun 16 Jul 2013 14:43:26 61,299 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think someone could have got a game out of him a few years ago. Villa was certainly the wrong club. He probably needs a Big Sam to get the best out of him.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • imamazed 16 Jul 2013 14:44:11 5,954 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I think someone could have got a game out of him a few years ago. Villa was certainly the wrong club. He probably needs a Big Sam to get the best out of him.
    I think he scores too many goals to be a Big Sam striker.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 14:53:27
    He only scores goals at shit clubs. You have to be shit enough to make him the entire focus of every aspect of your team, because he is just mind-numbingly one dimensional as a player.

    And ok, the response to that might be: "So what? Why not do that and have him score lots of goals?", and the answer is because it's a shit way to play and will probably result in your being a shit team that doesn't do very well.

    It's very telling that the defenders of Darren Bent are generally fans of teams he has never played for. That really tells you everything you need to know about him imo.
  • Dougs 16 Jul 2013 14:55:20 69,497 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ha, was just going to make that point. The fact that Spurs and Villa fans are deriding him says it all.
  • imamazed 16 Jul 2013 14:57:54 5,954 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He's clearly not the best striker the PL has seen, but I can't help but think you're being overly harsh.
  • Mr_Sleep 16 Jul 2013 14:59:14 17,368 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Aye, he is someone who brings together all fans of different clubs, Spurs, Sunderland Villa et al - if he was to journeyman his way around all the clubs in the prem then everyone would come to the same conclusion. The game against Wigan was a perfect example, he scored a goal where he fell over for no apparent reason and it sort of spooned in and then he got somewhere in the region of ten touches for the rest of the match.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • LeoliansBro 16 Jul 2013 14:59:16 44,956 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He's Kevin Phillips.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Mr_Sleep 16 Jul 2013 14:59:48 17,368 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    He's clearly not the best striker the PL has seen, but I can't help but think you're being overly harsh.
    Nope, Kalel's exactly right.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • imamazed 16 Jul 2013 15:02:15 5,954 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep My mistake
  • Dougs 16 Jul 2013 15:07:49 69,497 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    and we've never had a Charlton fan to ask
    I knew I was missing someone but couldn't be bothered to dredge my mind to try and find out. Or use Google.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 15:15:34
    Charlton got relegated despite him absolutely banging them in, which kind of illustrates my point quite nicely.
  • spindle9988 16 Jul 2013 15:17:53 3,676 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You are all bastards for trying to prove me wrong

    edit: cant do a smiley face on work pc

    Edited by spindle9988 at 15:20:21 16-07-2013
  • President_Weasel 16 Jul 2013 15:19:55 9,657 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Charlton got relegated despite him absolutely banging them in, which kind of illustrates my point quite nicely.
    It doesn't hurt your point, certainly, but it could equally be used as an illustration of "with a terrible defence, you're going down whatever happens at the other end".

    (For the record I agree with you)
  • Mr_Sleep 16 Jul 2013 15:21:31 17,368 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    and we've never had a Charlton fan to ask
    I knew I was missing someone but couldn't be bothered to dredge my mind to try and find out. Or use Google.
    See my use of "et al" in my previous comment for the exact same reason :-)

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • spindle9988 16 Jul 2013 15:22:30 3,676 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have always enjoyed reading this thread, and kalel always has interesting points for his arguments. You should be warned however, that everytime someone agrees with him, his willy gets bigger
  • Mr_Sleep 16 Jul 2013 15:24:52 17,368 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I have always enjoyed reading this thread, and kalel always has interesting points for his arguments. You should be warned however, that everytime someone agrees with him, his willy gets bigger
    By your logic, considering the amount of posts on EG by Kalel and the statistical likelihood of people agreeing with them then I can only conclude that Kalel's willy can currently be seen from space. Only a few more agreements and it'll be a world heritage site.

    Edited by Mr_Sleep at 15:25:02 16-07-2013

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Jono62 16 Jul 2013 15:25:19 14,356 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He was at Ipwich too wasn't he? With his brother Marcus.
  • President_Weasel 16 Jul 2013 15:25:56 9,657 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I have always enjoyed reading this thread, and kalel always has interesting points for his arguments. You should be warned however, that everytime someone agrees with him, his willy gets bigger
    It must be just cresting the three inches barrier by now!
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 15:27:24
    I'd have thought it was fairly obvious by now that it's actually disagreement that gets me off :)
  • spindle9988 16 Jul 2013 15:28:20 3,676 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I have always enjoyed reading this thread, and kalel always has interesting points for his arguments. You should be warned however, that everytime someone agrees with him, his willy gets bigger
    By your logic, considering the amount of posts on EG by Kalel and the statistical likelihood of people agreeing with them then I can only conclude that Kalel's willy can currently be seen from space. Only a few more agreements and it'll be a world heritage site.
    I heard he has to wear special trousers now and usues a testicle as a pillow
  • Mr_Sleep 16 Jul 2013 15:31:22 17,368 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    spindle9988 wrote:
    I have always enjoyed reading this thread, and kalel always has interesting points for his arguments. You should be warned however, that everytime someone agrees with him, his willy gets bigger
    By your logic, considering the amount of posts on EG by Kalel and the statistical likelihood of people agreeing with them then I can only conclude that Kalel's willy can currently be seen from space. Only a few more agreements and it'll be a world heritage site.
    I heard he has to wear special trousers now and usues a testicle as a pillow
    We all use his testicles as pillows. We just don't know it.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:28:42
    Not PL but Brighton uphold Poyet's dismissal. What the hell did he do? I still can't seem to find out anywhere exactly what he was sacked for.
  • Page

    of 5658 First / Last

Log in or register to reply