The all-new Premier League thread Page 3739

• Page

of 5660 First / Last

• The-Bodybuilder 4 Jul 2013 16:47:56 14,439 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It'll hit it in due time.

Wouldn't mind Spurs getting him tbf, even if he is a very good striker.
  • The-Bodybuilder 4 Jul 2013 16:47:56 14,439 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Dougs 4 Jul 2013 16:50:15 69,507 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anelka has signed for WBA.
  • nickthegun 4 Jul 2013 16:50:52 61,308 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Massive, massive Sheffield Wednesday, with their massive, massive fanbase? Did you know they're massive by the way? Absolutely massive.
    As facetious as that is, they have had some torrid years and they are still incredibly well supported. But for the grace of god and all that.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• nickthegun 4 Jul 2013 16:51:27 61,308 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Anelka has signed for WBA.
    So... this is officially the end to the chinese trying to buy football?

• thedaveeyres 4 Jul 2013 16:52:16 11,586 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Massive, massive Sheffield Wednesday, with their massive, massive fanbase? Did you know they're massive by the way? Absolutely massive.
    As facetious as that is, they have had some torrid years and they are still incredibly well supported. But for the grace of god and all that.
    MASSIVE.

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• imamazed 4 Jul 2013 16:54:17 5,954 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's happened to DDA Drogba now you mention it? Wasn't he just on loan to Galayorkshirestabbingtasary?
  • FWB 4 Jul 2013 16:56:46 45,590 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Arsenal will faff about. Passing left and right, never finding the net. They'll get beaten by Palace and Watford, pick it up every now and then and finish third (see Chelsea below). No point commenting on their CL run.

City will buy their second title and collapse in the CL. Might win the Europa League.

Utd will run their neighbours close. Will get through the first stages of the CL and go out. RvP will finally do what he's always wanted to do, and kiss the badge.

Spurs. If Bale stays they'll be third, if not, probably fourth. A bit like Arsenal, they'll faff about but struggle to hit the net against lesser teams, but beat those above them. Will do well in Europe; go far and go out to a Spanish team.

Liverpool. Fans will declare the league theirs in July. They'll beat all the top four and then be hilarious against everyone else. If Suarez stays, he'll kick a puppy that wanders onto the field and blame it on the British media. Tho regardless as to whether he is there next year, expect a number of PR disasters, starting with the kit.

Chelsea... I don't include them in the league. They're an non entity and I pretend the club, their animal fans and, in fact, that whole region of London doesn't exist.

Edited by FWB at 16:57:37 04-07-2013
  • oceanmotion 4 Jul 2013 17:02:14 16,126 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Any rumblings of Rooney leaving or getting another chance yet?

If only they didn't give him stupid high wages last time someone might take him.

The fans must be sick of him.
    Hes doing the old trick of being a wanker rather than requesting a transfer so he retains his loyalty bonus.
    Must be looking down the back of his sofa for money.
  • FWB 4 Jul 2013 17:04:25 45,590 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    He needs a new arse hair transplant.
  • oceanmotion 4 Jul 2013 17:04:47 16,126 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Think Bale is done now, Marca was quoting Perez today saying that Levy has made a deal impossible by refusing to listen to any offers.
    Bale seems happy for now anyway. Year or two, he may force a move if Spurs haven't improved.
  • QotSAfan 4 Jul 2013 17:05:18 1,756 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Us and Spurs have a very decent shout at the title next year if we buy well. City are clear favourites for me and Man Utd could potentially slip out of the top four but that is alright as it is a transition year.

As for Chelsea, it all depends if Jose can keep Lampard and Terry happy. I don't think they will be getting as much playing time or attention as they think they will with Jose back.
  • Deleted user 4 July 2013 17:08:10
    The reason why both Spurs and Arsenal could not win the title next year, is because both teams have pretty average second teams, whereas City and Chelsea could have their first 11s knocked out and stil have the best teams in the league.

It's not about having the best first 11. It's about having the best squad.
  • nickthegun 4 Jul 2013 17:10:37 61,308 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Perez's statement was quite funny. 'Well, if youre going to be twats about it, we dont want him anyway'.

• Deleted user 4 July 2013 17:13:40
    It's a foregone conclusion that Bale will go to Madrid, but it's looking like it'll be next summer, which is nice.
  • morriss 4 Jul 2013 17:20:19 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like having Levy in Spurs' corner.
  • vijay_UK 4 Jul 2013 17:22:25 2,371 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I like the way vijay is throwing us off the sent of him being a Scouse by referring to Liverpool as "they". Not buying it. The optimistic tone is too transparent.
    You got me. I won't deny I have a soft spot for them like everyone else in the country.
  • morriss 4 Jul 2013 17:24:24 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Excuse me? No-one likes Liverpool, do they?
  • vijay_UK 4 Jul 2013 17:26:15 2,371 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    @vijay_UK  you got the filthy Dobbie and overpriced Gayle now ;p.
    The way I see it, we still have over 100m left to spend ;-)

You know who'll go nuts when I say this, but the Spuds are in for a hiding down at the Palace first game.

1-0
  • morriss 4 Jul 2013 17:27:45 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't know, who?
  • f311 4 Jul 2013 17:37:10 300 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    I didn't mind Liverpool before, but their fans over the past few seasons have made me really hate the club.
    Then you've probably not been paying attention to Liverpool "fans" probably some idiots.

I'm a Liverpool fan and im realistic about our aims next year, Those "next year is our year" fans really make me cringe.

I obviously watched us closely last year, the start of the season was really hard, new manager, new players and new style of football, add in the really difficult start we had and yeah, it didnt go well, but after the january additions to the squad we started to kick on, even against the smaller teams, we either scored five or couldnt break them down and drew 0-0 or lost 1-0 if we can cut our the dodgy mistakes (like the 2 goals we gifted city) and add mkhitaryian and papadopolus, i think we'll be close to fourth.
  • vijay_UK 4 Jul 2013 17:39:36 2,371 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Well, as we're all friends here, I'll go ahead and say it as we're all thinking it -

Nothing would please  footy fans in the country than to see Liverpool win the EPL and return to their former glory.
  • The-Bodybuilder 4 Jul 2013 17:56:47 14,439 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    vijay_UK wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Well, as we're all friends here, I'll go ahead and say it as we're all thinking it -

Nothing would please  footy fans in the country than to see Liverpool win the EPL and return to their former glory.
    LOL, well if there was any doubt as to whether you were a liverpool supporter....
  • Deleted user 4 July 2013 17:58:45
    Although the knowing and slightly self-deprecating humour is starting to make me doubt he's a true Liverpool fan.

Unless of course I'm mistaking total delusion for something else, in which case yup, Scouse.
  • FWB 4 Jul 2013 18:00:29 45,590 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nobody who has a positive thing to say about Liverpool isn't a Liverpool fan.
  • f311 4 Jul 2013 18:13:50 300 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Nobody who has a positive thing to say about Liverpool isn't a Liverpool fan.
    Ditto with Chelsea, ditto with Man city and united.
  • FWB 4 Jul 2013 18:19:23 45,590 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Chelsea I will give you, but not Citeh or United.
  • f311 4 Jul 2013 18:22:47 300 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Same with Arsenal and Spuds too.
  • Page

of 5660 First / Last