The all-new Premier League thread Page 3722

  • Page

    of 5615 First / Last

  • mcmonkeyplc 28 Jun 2013 13:45:38 39,515 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago


    Disturbing.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jun 2013 13:50:10 17,285 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think it definitely pays to aim high and end up getting slightly less than the original intention. Better than just aiming for mediocrity. Let's be honest, the level that Arsenal are at, if they want to secure their place or improve upon it then they need to invest in the top bracket of footballers. Oh and a right back who can cross :-P The foundation is otherwise there and it only needs the addition of some top class players. Who's the potential replacement for Rosicky though? He was very good towards the end of last season.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • kentmonkey 28 Jun 2013 14:25:34 20,865 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rosicky is one of my favourite players. If only he could stay "fit" (or whatever reason is being banded about this week).
  • Dougs 28 Jun 2013 16:00:23 69,037 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oooh, some actual news. Marko Marin has gone on loan to Sevilla
  • nickthegun 28 Jun 2013 16:04:52 61,010 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MARKO WHO? the world says in unison.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jun 2013 16:12:30 17,285 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Why the hell did Chelsea buy him, he looked a promising player from what I've seen of him yet Chelsea have ruined him for a year. I reckon he'll be a very good player for Sevilla.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • THFourteen 28 Jun 2013 16:13:34 34,206 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Why the hell did Chelsea buy him, he looked a promising player from what I've seen of him yet Chelsea have ruined him for a year. I reckon he'll be a very good player for Sevilla.
    isnt that what chelsea do to 90% of their signings? Why buy Lukaku and then not play him.

    having said that, i guess its what WE do to 90% of our signings too.
  • nickthegun 28 Jun 2013 16:15:00 61,010 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lukaku is probably the worst example you could have possibly picked.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Tom_Servo 28 Jun 2013 16:17:49 18,083 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm really hoping De Bruyne gets his permanent move to Dortmund, because I'd be right when I said he'd never pull on a Chelsea shirt when he signed.
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jun 2013 16:21:52 17,285 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Why the hell did Chelsea buy him, he looked a promising player from what I've seen of him yet Chelsea have ruined him for a year. I reckon he'll be a very good player for Sevilla.
    isnt that what chelsea do to 90% of their signings? Why buy Lukaku and then not play him.

    having said that, i guess its what WE do to 90% of our signings too.
    It's true, they do it rather a lot, which does make me wonder why they sign these players and why these player sign.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • thedaveeyres 28 Jun 2013 16:24:46 11,449 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Why the hell did Chelsea buy him, he looked a promising player from what I've seen of him yet Chelsea have ruined him for a year. I reckon he'll be a very good player for Sevilla.
    isnt that what chelsea do to 90% of their signings? Why buy Lukaku and then not play him.

    having said that, i guess its what WE do to 90% of our signings too.
    It's true, they do it rather a lot, which does make me wonder why they sign these players and why these player sign.

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • mcmonkeyplc 28 Jun 2013 16:27:26 39,515 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's a week of Ronaldo's wages.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jun 2013 16:29:04 17,285 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Why the hell did Chelsea buy him, he looked a promising player from what I've seen of him yet Chelsea have ruined him for a year. I reckon he'll be a very good player for Sevilla.
    isnt that what chelsea do to 90% of their signings? Why buy Lukaku and then not play him.

    having said that, i guess its what WE do to 90% of our signings too.
    It's true, they do it rather a lot, which does make me wonder why they sign these players and why these player sign.
    Cynic! :-)

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Shikasama 28 Jun 2013 16:33:23 7,084 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Lukaku is probably the worst example you could have possibly picked.
    Yeah, their management of him has been pretty much perfect. Trained with the first team for a year, loaned out to a good club and got lots of premiership experience the next.

    Now he's going into this season as a pretty awesome striker for the next few years.
  • The-Bodybuilder 28 Jun 2013 17:23:55 14,387 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    vijay_UK wrote:
    Arsenal fans b'tch too much, like overspending will likely lead to success (whatever that may be).
    Arsenal fans batch too much?
    Pardew out?
  • SuperCoolEskimo 28 Jun 2013 17:29:57 9,993 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Makes me laugh when people say we don't spend money.

    That shiny new stadium wasn't given to us for free.
  • mcmonkeyplc 28 Jun 2013 17:34:45 39,515 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You people bore me.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • The-Bodybuilder 28 Jun 2013 17:37:07 14,387 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    I reckon we're after a couple of big signings, including Higuain. Whether we pull them off is another matter.
    Exactly, just wasting time IMO.
    Right, so you don't want us to go after players that will in all probability improve the team, given their record? You'd rather us take punts on those around 12-15m that may or may not improve the team, much like Gervinho et al?
    No i'd rather we spent more time doing research and scouting on the players in the bracket that we can afford, instead of taking punts on them at the last minute because we spent all our effort on targets we knew we could never afford
    So, no matter what, Wenger can't win.
    Go after big players? They're being over ambitious and wasting time on players we allegedly can't get.
    Go after players we can afford, like Santos, Park, Chamakh and co, and he gets he'll for buying shite players?
  • The-Bodybuilder 28 Jun 2013 17:39:20 14,387 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:


    Disturbing.
    I cant even tell who half the players are meant to be.
    But i'll like anything with a Terminator 2 reference.
  • The-Bodybuilder 28 Jun 2013 17:44:27 14,387 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Lukaku is probably the worst example you could have possibly picked.
    Yeah, their management of him has been pretty much perfect. Trained with the first team for a year, loaned out to a good club and got lots of premiership experience the next.

    Now he's going into this season as a pretty awesome striker for the next few years.
    I know the rules don't apply to Chelsea, but a player bought for 17mil should be expected to play in the team, especially as they went through a season with no truly decent CF whilst he was banging them in.

    And what has his performance done for him? Well we'll see next season, but with potential bids for Cavani, he'll probably get another loan spell, which is shocking for s player who would probably do very well at any of the other top 4 club.
  • faux-C 28 Jun 2013 19:15:18 9,526 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mkhitaryan agreed maybe. Possibly. Probably not tbh.
  • Tom_Servo 28 Jun 2013 19:28:52 18,083 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Stoke sign Erik Pieters.
  • THFourteen 28 Jun 2013 19:39:10 34,206 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lukaku has barely kicked a ball for Chelsea. We wanted him, if he'd signed for us he'd have played umpteen PL games and CL games by now.

    But he'd only be on 80k pw I guess so not worth it.
  • President_Weasel 28 Jun 2013 19:44:06 9,594 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Lukaku has barely kicked a ball for Chelsea. We wanted him, if he'd signed for us he'd have played umpteen PL games and CL games by now.

    But he'd only be on 80k pw I guess so not worth it.
    He's played umpteen PL games, as first choice striker, getting lots of minutes in a surprisingly decent team. 35 appearances, 17 goals, decent minutes, lots of good experience.

    There are plenty of much better examples of decent prospects and even decent established players being bought and then left to rot; Lukaku isn't one. He's a counter-example, in fact.
  • LionheartDJH 28 Jun 2013 19:53:39 19,519 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Ruddy to Chelsea looks to be on. Great 'decent English player moves to a big club and is never seen again' transfer.
    Well Ross Turnbull got 2 European winners medals out of it, so it might not be so bad for him.

    She dives for cheese pasties

  • THFourteen 28 Jun 2013 20:02:47 34,206 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    I reckon we're after a couple of big signings, including Higuain. Whether we pull them off is another matter.
    Exactly, just wasting time IMO.
    Right, so you don't want us to go after players that will in all probability improve the team, given their record? You'd rather us take punts on those around 12-15m that may or may not improve the team, much like Gervinho et al?
    No i'd rather we spent more time doing research and scouting on the players in the bracket that we can afford, instead of taking punts on them at the last minute because we spent all our effort on targets we knew we could never afford
    So, no matter what, Wenger can't win.
    Go after big players? They're being over ambitious and wasting time on players we allegedly can't get.
    Go after players we can afford, like Santos, Park, Chamakh and co, and he gets he'll for buying shite players?


    My point is, if we spent more time looking in our price bracket we might have ended up with Michu / Remy / Sissoko / Coutinho instead of scraping the barrel after all the clubs at our level have finished their business and ending up with Chamakh park and santos. We need to stop wasting time trying to sign Mata, and start getting in there earlier to nab the good players in our price bracket up front. Not waiting till the end for some super super quality that we can't get.

    A bit like we did with Podolski last season, he's a good solid player and we went out and tied him up ASAP.
  • THFourteen 28 Jun 2013 20:04:14 34,206 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @President_Weasel IMO playing no pressure games at a team like West Brom is very different to scrapping week in week out for fourth place at Arsenal. And getting European experience.

    No disrespect to west brom.
  • Syrette 28 Jun 2013 20:23:50 44,083 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago


    :lol:

  • kentmonkey 28 Jun 2013 20:36:55 20,865 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    My point is, if we spent more time looking in our price bracket we might have ended up with Michu / Remy / Sissoko / Coutinho instead of scraping the barrel after all the clubs at our level have finished their business and ending up with Chamakh park and santos. We need to stop wasting time trying to sign Mata, and start getting in there earlier to nab the good players in our price bracket up front. Not waiting till the end for some super super quality that we can't get.

    A bit like we did with Podolski last season, he's a good solid player and we went out and tied him up ASAP.
    Actually, agreeing a fee with Mata wasn't the problem. I posted about that in the Arsenal group when it happened, but we did actually tie that one up quickly. We then decided to delay it for other reasons, which is why we got told to fuck off and how Chelsea came in and gazumped us, big style, a few days later.
  • morriss 28 Jun 2013 20:37:42 71,283 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    erm....
  • Page

    of 5615 First / Last

Log in or register to reply