The all-new Premier League thread Page 3700

  • Page

    of 4878 First / Last

  • TheSaint 18 Jun 2013 17:49:40 13,629 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd have Hooper over Carroll any day of the week.
  • faux_carnation 18 Jun 2013 17:53:17 8,480 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    Hang on, Madrid and PSG were in for him and he picked LIVERPOOL, or Madrid and PSG had reported interest then decided not to buy him?
    His agent linked him with Madrid and PSG thereby successfully getting him a move to a team that would pay him massive wages.

    Still, he does look good.
    Well it's not been confirmed yet, so it's really just a picture of him signing a Liverpool shirt. Would be a really exciting signing if it does happen though.
  • morriss 18 Jun 2013 17:53:44 70,748 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Who is it?
  • Tom_Servo 18 Jun 2013 17:53:48 15,518 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Celtic's scouting department is amazing right now. Unearthed some real gems who have stepped up to the next level, like Forster, Hooper and Wanyama. All could do a job for a top 8 PL side, or higher.
  • RedSparrows 18 Jun 2013 17:55:20 20,743 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    Hang on, Madrid and PSG were in for him and he picked LIVERPOOL, or Madrid and PSG had reported interest then decided not to buy him?
    His agent linked him with Madrid and PSG thereby successfully getting him a move to a team that would pay him massive wages.

    Still, he does look good.
    Or he passed the Liverpool Crazy Test, thereby putting all other clubs off.
  • faux_carnation 18 Jun 2013 17:57:13 8,480 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Who is it?
    Mkhitaryan.
  • Tom_Servo 18 Jun 2013 17:57:46 15,518 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Christ, imagine Kinnear trying to say that.
  • RedSparrows 18 Jun 2013 18:06:12 20,743 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Imagine any commentator.

    Mahatr-ian!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE SCORED A GOAL WITH HIS FOOT!
  • morriss 18 Jun 2013 18:28:58 70,748 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Who is it?
    Mkhitaryan.
    Should I have heard of him?
  • Dougs 18 Jun 2013 18:39:30 64,886 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shaktar saying they haven't accepted any bid.
  • Shikasama 18 Jun 2013 18:40:28 6,272 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    faux_carnation wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Who is it?
    Mkhitaryan.
    Should I have heard of him?
    He is one of the standout Shakthar players. He is good.
  • morriss 18 Jun 2013 18:41:53 70,748 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cool.
  • kentmonkey 18 Jun 2013 18:52:29 20,071 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Who is it?
    Mkhitaryan.
    I'm sure he was an extra in the Cantina.
  • Syrette 18 Jun 2013 19:22:48 41,799 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted

  • Syrette 18 Jun 2013 19:25:08 41,799 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Celtic's scouting department is amazing right now. Unearthed some real gems who have stepped up to the next level, like Forster, Hooper and Wanyama. All could do a job for a top 8 PL side, or higher.
    Doing well in the SPL, especially this season, counts for little. Did you mean top 6 Championship side?

    Cue "BUT THEY BEAT BARCA!".

    Forster wasn't too highly rated when at NUFC (but never had the chance because he's inferior to Krul), Hooper scored for fun for Scunthorpe and was linked to a few PL sides before he went to Celtic, and I'll give you Wanyama.

  • grey_matters 18 Jun 2013 19:53:37 3,381 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Celtic's scouting department is amazing right now. Unearthed some real gems who have stepped up to the next level, like Forster, Hooper and Wanyama. All could do a job for a top 8 PL side, or higher.
    Doing well in the SPL, especially this season, counts for little. Did you mean top 6 Championship side?

    Cue "BUT THEY BEAT BARCA!".

    Forster wasn't too highly rated when at NUFC (but never had the chance because he's inferior to Krul), Hooper scored for fun for Scunthorpe and was linked to a few PL sides before he went to Celtic, and I'll give you Wanyama.
    He did say top 8. I'm pretty sure those players could have done a job at West Brom or, to an extent, Everton.
  • Trowel 18 Jun 2013 19:55:50 16,845 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Everton have hired Alan Myers as Communications Director. He's the SSN reporter who used to hang around Goodison on deadline day... funny old game.
  • Trowel 18 Jun 2013 19:56:50 16,845 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Celtic's scouting department is amazing right now. Unearthed some real gems who have stepped up to the next level, like Forster, Hooper and Wanyama. All could do a job for a top 8 PL side, or higher.
    Doing well in the SPL, especially this season, counts for little. Did you mean top 6 Championship side?

    Cue "BUT THEY BEAT BARCA!".

    Forster wasn't too highly rated when at NUFC (but never had the chance because he's inferior to Krul), Hooper scored for fun for Scunthorpe and was linked to a few PL sides before he went to Celtic, and I'll give you Wanyama.
    He did say top 8. I'm pretty sure those players could have done a job at West Brom or, to an extent, Everton.
    You mean "plucky little Everton".
  • grey_matters 18 Jun 2013 20:03:43 3,381 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    grey_matters wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Celtic's scouting department is amazing right now. Unearthed some real gems who have stepped up to the next level, like Forster, Hooper and Wanyama. All could do a job for a top 8 PL side, or higher.
    Doing well in the SPL, especially this season, counts for little. Did you mean top 6 Championship side?

    Cue "BUT THEY BEAT BARCA!".

    Forster wasn't too highly rated when at NUFC (but never had the chance because he's inferior to Krul), Hooper scored for fun for Scunthorpe and was linked to a few PL sides before he went to Celtic, and I'll give you Wanyama.
    He did say top 8. I'm pretty sure those players could have done a job at West Brom or, to an extent, Everton.
    You mean "plucky little Everton".
    :D
    No, I mean that even though Hooper wouldn't be a head and shoulders above what Everton had this year he might have been a handy person to have in the squad. And Wanyama would fit into quite a few squads very well. It all depends on what each of us means by "do a job", I suppose.
  • Trowel 18 Jun 2013 20:06:43 16,845 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A bit of top quality ITK (courtesy of my ace website, cough cough):
    REDaction Gooners @REDactionAFC
    Opening fixture of the new season will be HOME to SOUTHAMPTON
  • Syrette 18 Jun 2013 20:08:45 41,799 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @grey_matters

    Yeah maybe I should read more carefully...

  • President_Weasel 18 Jun 2013 20:09:07 8,604 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Imagine any commentator.

    Mahatr-ian!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE SCORED A GOAL WITH HIS FOOT!
    Yes Clive, what he's done there is he's kicked the ball towards the goal, and the keeper there, he's tried to stop it but he couldn't stop it, and the ball's gone into the goal there so that's a goal.
    They're not going to be happy about that, Clive, what they've been trying to do so far this game is to score a goal and not concede any goals, but it looks like that's gone wrong for them now.
  • Steve_Perry 18 Jun 2013 20:12:45 2,442 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Imagine any commentator.

    Mahatr-ian!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE SCORED A GOAL WITH HIS FOOT!
    Yes Clive, what he's done there is he's kicked the ball towards the goal, and the keeper there, he's tried to stop it but he couldn't stop it, and the ball's gone into the goal there so that's a goal.
    They're not going to be happy about that, Clive, what they've been trying to do so far this game is to score a goal and not concede any goals, but it looks like that's gone wrong for them now.
    :)

    VIVA STEFANSEN

  • Trowel 18 Jun 2013 20:55:47 16,845 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ben Fairthorne @BFairthorne
    Higuain tells agent the reason he made Arsenal choice is that he wants to work with Wenger.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 18 Jun 2013 21:21:50 9,527 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ben Fairytale's bull has made it onto EG! He's mentally ill.
  • faux_carnation 18 Jun 2013 22:10:03 8,480 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    According to the Times Liverpool are also closing on a deal for Christian Atsu (Ghanian winger playing in Portugal).

    This transfer window is madness.

    Edited by faux_carnation at 22:13:08 18-06-2013
  • Syrette 18 Jun 2013 22:24:19 41,799 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well you are going to have a lot of money to spend thanks to Suarez and Carroll leaving.

  • El_MUERkO 19 Jun 2013 01:48:30 16,831 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So people have probably already pondered this but, I wonder how much of the 15m West Ham supposedly paid Liverpool for Carroll will go towards subsiding his pay, I doubt he'll accept being paid less and I also doubt West Ham were willing to match the wage he was supposedly on at Liverpool (200k).
  • Trowel 19 Jun 2013 07:18:00 16,845 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Carroll is believed to have agreed to remain on the 80k p/w that he earned at Liverpool. Medical tomorrow (Tony Barrett)
  • Dougs 19 Jun 2013 07:53:36 64,886 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    A bit of top quality ITK (courtesy of my ace website, cough cough):
    REDaction Gooners @REDactionAFC
    Opening fixture of the new season will be HOME to SOUTHAMPTON
    They've been right the last 3 years....

    Got to love Ben Fairthorne. Can't decide whether he is a proper fantasist or knows a little and is just being led on most of the time

    Edit: A WHU ITKlol said Carroll was going to be on 80k a week too.

    Edited by Dougs at 07:54:40 19-06-2013
  • Page

    of 4878 First / Last

Log in or register to reply