• kalel 20 May 2013 11:44:14 83,882 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Them losing the final was far funnier.
  • Blakester 20 May 2013 12:02:11 3,357 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That didn't take long.

Harry threatens to leave QPR if he's not backed in the transfer market.

Guess he's got his eye on another gig.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• THFourteen 20 May 2013 12:04:29 31,817 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Just a thought for the Spurs fans:

Imagine if Arsenal don't get past the qualification round of the Champions League...
    Makes no difference. I don't get how I'm supposed to react.
    With a laugh?

You know, all that drama and they don't make it into the thing properly anyway. Won't make you feel better about missing out yourselves, but still.
    Yeah i must admit having had a wee chuckle the other year when Spurs were 3-0 down in some qualifier against some team i can't qutie recall (young boys?)

its only natural.

I take football rivalries seriously, but also just as banter. I haven't even given shit to the spurs fans i work with today who've been egging me on all season because i know how it must feel.
  • nickthegun 20 May 2013 12:04:31 55,912 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hes going to act the cunt until they pay him to leave.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• President_Weasel 20 May 2013 12:04:33 8,604 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Seen a few people crowing about St Totteringham's Day. Really? Just scraping over the line one place and one point ahead of Spurs on the last day is something to celebrate now?
    I suppose when it's been 8 years since your club won anything you take your positives where you can, but celebrating heroically not quite finishing below Spurs?
  • nickthegun 20 May 2013 12:13:13 55,912 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its funny watching them out of the woodwork.

He totally called it

• B0rked_Gamer 20 May 2013 12:18:16 1,868 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Blakester

We'll take him at Cardiff should Everton get their hands on our manager.
  • THFourteen 20 May 2013 12:20:40 31,817 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    Seen a few people crowing about St Totteringham's Day. Really? Just scraping over the line one place and one point ahead of Spurs on the last day is something to celebrate now?
    I suppose when it's been 8 years since your club won anything you take your positives where you can, but celebrating heroically not quite finishing below Spurs?
    Celebrating finishing above our nearest rivals on the last day of the season with one of the worst teams we've had in the last 15 years?

hell yeah!

not to mention having our worst start to the league since i can remember, and losing the crucial "decider" at the lane, and being massively behind coming into february

Edited by THFourteen at 12:22:31 20-05-2013
  • SuperCoolEskimo 20 May 2013 12:25:39 9,535 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Crazy to think we were tenth in December.
  • nickthegun 20 May 2013 12:41:14 55,912 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Speaking of wildly celebrating being a loser, did anyone catch Milan at the weekend?

They needed to come back from a goal down and did it in *very* suspicious circumstances. There are a handful of fiorentina players going mad on twitter.

Edited by nickthegun at 12:41:48 20-05-2013

He totally called it

• TheSaint 20 May 2013 12:41:33 13,630 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    @Blakester

You aren't that desperate surely?
  • Commander Keen 20 May 2013 12:58:24 718 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Indeed. A lot of my friends on facebook who are Arsenal fans are absolutely quiet as mice all season, and then suddenly start thumping their chests after they've "won". Not all of them, mind, but a good few.

Still, a win's a win and we can't deny them their bragging rights. I'd have been very happy if they'd drawn on Sunday...
  • SuperCoolEskimo 20 May 2013 13:01:14 9,535 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On a similar subject, where's morriss? Pretty much the reverse of the above :)
  • Deckard1 20 May 2013 13:02:08 25,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Killing spree I expect

Called it

• Shikasama 20 May 2013 13:14:14 6,277 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Probably caused havoc with the commute this morning
  • Ka-blamo 20 May 2013 13:15:50 7,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago

Not you Song!
  • B0rked_Gamer 20 May 2013 13:16:17 1,868 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    @Blakester

You aren't that desperate surely?
    I have this nightmare about Cardiff ending up with Mark Hughes or Steve Mcclaren, so yeah I'll take 'arry.
  • THFourteen 20 May 2013 13:20:07 31,817 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Commander Keen wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Indeed. A lot of my friends on facebook who are Arsenal fans are absolutely quiet as mice all season, and then suddenly start thumping their chests after they've "won". Not all of them, mind, but a good few.

Still, a win's a win and we can't deny them their bragging rights. I'd have been very happy if they'd drawn on Sunday...
    To me that seems much more sensible than all the Spurs fans going on and on about "Mind the Gap" two seasons in a row all blimming season.
  • Blotto 20 May 2013 13:25:42 2,519 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This argument of "Pretty embarrassing you're celebrating getting Champions league" from Spurs fans is pretty weak.
  • Mr_Sleep 20 May 2013 13:27:39 16,271 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:

Not you Song!
    Hah, that's hilarious and embarrassing. I actually feel a bit sorry for him.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Commander Keen 20 May 2013 13:28:54 718 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Commander Keen wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

To me that seems much more sensible than all the Spurs fans going on and on about "Mind the Gap" two seasons in a row all blimming season.
    It rather smacks of "you only sing when you're winning" though.

It's easy to revel when things are going well, but given that these are the same people who wanted Wenger out and decrying the death of their club, a little humility and consistency would be nice! Which is he, a hero or a clueless moron? Is it a good season, or a bad one?

Make your minds up! Also, crowing when when it's actually been a close and well-fought contest is a bit tacky. But hey, you guys got 4th and we didn't, so I suppose y'all can do whatever you like eh? :)
  • Commander Keen 20 May 2013 13:29:45 718 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Blotto If anyone on here is making that argument, then you'd certainly have a point!
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 20 May 2013 13:35:01 6,654 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bit of a damp squib of a final day. Congratulations Arsenal; looking forward to all the transfers.
  • THFourteen 20 May 2013 13:35:14 31,817 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Commander Keen wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Commander Keen wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

It rather smacks of "you only sing when you're winning" though.

It's easy to revel when things are going well, but given that these are the same people who wanted Wenger out and decrying the death of their club, a little humility and consistency would be nice! Which is he, a hero or a clueless moron? Is it a good season, or a bad one?

Make your minds up! Also, crowing when when it's actually been a close and well-fought contest is a bit tacky. But hey, you guys got 4th and we didn't, so I suppose y'all can do whatever you like eh? :)
    I liken it to drawing a game.

if you draw a game when you were expected to win, it sucks.

if you draw a game you were expected to lose, it's great

if you draw a game, where you were 3-1 up, it sucks bad.

but

if you draw a game you were expected to win, but you were 3-1 down then its still ace when you draw, even though you expected to win beforehand.

Our season has not lived up to expectations. I'm still not massively happy with Wenger and some of his decisions. BUT, him and the team as a whole did an amazing job to pull round a situation that i thought was irretrivable two months ago.

And for that, i will celebrate.
  • Humperfunk 20 May 2013 13:42:14 1,607 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Speaking of wildly celebrating being a loser, did anyone catch Milan at the weekend?

They needed to come back from a goal down and did it in *very* suspicious circumstances. There are a handful of fiorentina players going mad on twitter.
    Interesting...I'm off to research this further...

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Commander Keen 20 May 2013 13:42:39 718 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @THFourteen Fair enough - I'd also celebrate getting 4th spot if it was me!

I think the point NTG and myself are making though is more to do with the "St Totteringham's" day rubbish though. It's a bit lame!
  • SFD 20 May 2013 13:43:07 468 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's almost as if people think that Spurs fans/players wouldn't celebrate if they had finished 4th at the expense of Arsenal.
  • Commander Keen 20 May 2013 13:45:18 718 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SFD wrote:
    It's almost as if people think that Spurs fans/players wouldn't celebrate if they had finished 4th at the expense of Arsenal.
    Really? Who?
  • Blotto 20 May 2013 13:45:19 2,519 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    In terms of the Wenger support, it's telling that since Wenger started changing things up and addressing a lot of the fans problems we've not heard any Wenger out stuff and we beat Spurs to Champions league qualification.

Fans are entitled to moan about their own team and still celebrate their achievements. Otherwise no-one in this thread is allowed to celebrate any achievements ever.
  • Shikasama 20 May 2013 13:46:35 6,277 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The irritating thing is Arsenal fans using it as a 'Haha! we are such a bigger/better/more talented/richer/better looking team that Tottenham!' despite the fact that it has really been very close between them for a few years now.

Just scraping it by the skin of your balls should give you a sense of relief and joy aye, but not really any superiority.
  • Page

of 4908 First / Last