The all-new Premier League thread Page 3564

• Page

of 5618 First / Last

• TheSaint 10 May 2013 23:08:47 14,711 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure I agree with that. Some of the tackles Stoke do that have people crying bloody murder in here wouldn't even be a free kick in The Championship.
  • Whizzo 10 May 2013 23:20:56 43,269 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Looks like Mancini may be looking for a new job very soon.

Edited by Whizzo at 23:21:56 10-05-2013

This space left intentionally blank.

• The-Bodybuilder 10 May 2013 23:37:07 14,392 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lol oh man. I really hope arsenal get top 4, because next season is gonna be real tasty.
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 May 2013 23:39:17 14,392 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Not sure I agree with that. Some of the tackles Stoke do that have people crying bloody murder in here wouldn't even be a free kick in The Championship.
    im talking about the speed of play and technical ability is far higher. I'm arguing against the idea that there is more time on the ball in the PL.
  • FWB 11 May 2013 09:22:11 45,169 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Lol oh man. I really hope arsenal get top 4, because next season is gonna be real tasty.
    Cos everyone will have suck to your level? :)

Here's a question... if your kid is into footie, how far would you go to have them support your team? What if they were resisting and opting for a) someone else b) glory hunting or c) cunts?

Don't have a kid myself, but was wondering.

Edited by FWB at 09:25:01 11-05-2013
  • kentmonkey 11 May 2013 09:27:42 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:

Here's a question... if your kid is into footie, how far would you go to have them support your team? What if they were resisting and opting for a) someone else b) glory hunting or c) cunts?

I'd hate them supporting Chelsea* but they've gotta make their own choices.

*you did mean Chelsea, didn't you?
  • THFourteen 11 May 2013 09:30:17 34,225 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:

Wouldn't be too fussed if they wanted to support a local non premier league team like Brentford or whatever. It would make going to games cheaper for one thing!

No facking way they would be supporting another PL side though. Do everything in your power to make sure they are conditioned from a young age, Arsenal baby grows, hats, tshirts, toys etc

and if they still try to go another way then they are on their own, no kit, no being taken to matches, nothing.
  • FWB 11 May 2013 09:31:01 45,169 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yep. Chelsea or the other one.

Don't think I'd allow those two. Everyone else is a choice. Though they'd be no shirts outside of birthdays and Christmas.

My dad encouraged me to be a Gooner... My first game was Spurs/Arsenal and was a member of the fan club as a kid. Strange given he has zero interest in football. He said he did it cos he felt it was part of his fatherly duty, hence my soft spot for them. So wouldn't be too distressed if they chose them, given that I'm in London. But would still push for a new Toffee. I buy my mates' kids Everton stuff.

Edited by FWB at 09:37:24 11-05-2013
  • President_Weasel 11 May 2013 10:20:20 9,599 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Looks like Mancini may be looking for a new job very soon.
    Looks like other people have picked it up too.
    Interesting to compare the approaches of Man Utd and Man City.
  • Deleted user 11 May 2013 10:27:34
    Let's see what Man U's approach is for the next twenty years.
  • Deleted user 11 May 2013 10:29:22
    As for kids, I'm third generation Spurs and going to games with my dad and brothers has been a massive part of my life. I'd hardly see one of my brothers if it wasn't for the home games. Would be a very big deal for me if my kids weren't Spurs fans and didn't carry on the tradition. It's the closest thing we have to religion in my family.
  • sega 11 May 2013 10:42:41 908 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FWB wrote:

Isn't it always glory hunting if you support a team you have no connection to? I'm sure there are a lot of people on here who live in/are from a place with a Premiere League team but support one from elsewhere. I've noticed glory hunting isn't always just for the current top teams, but ones they think could potentially be. I know a lot of (Southern) Man City fans who claim they've supported them since they were in the lower leagues, but I'm pretty sure they picked them for their large fan base and city of origin which is often an indicator of potential success.

Personally I tried to follow a Premiere league side in my youth but, despite them winning things regularly, I just didn't feel the excitement or connection. Going back to my crappy lower league team made all the difference. You have to stand in an empty, miserable run down stadium, but those wins feel so much better.
  • Menace 11 May 2013 10:51:52 5,790 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've seen kids getting bullied by bigger kids (FC Copenhagen fans) for wearing a BrÝndby shirt, so for that reason I didn't buy a shirt for my son. Also he's free to choose whatever team he wants to support.. turns out he's not into football at all really - but Icehockey is bigger in my family anyway, and he's chosen Vancouver Canucks rather than my Detroit Red Wings. Fair play to him! I did buy him a Red Wings shirt though, when he was smaller.. and he still likes it. =)

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• sega 11 May 2013 11:11:17 908 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think to avoid bullying is a good approach. Doesn't that kind of give the impression you have to act like someone else and fit in, despite what you think? Good teams fall and the lower teams can rise. If someone is being bullied by a glory supporting Premiere league fan whilst you've stuck with the team you're actually passionate about, then when the tables are turned you'll see that person jump ship.

Fair enough if the kid is actually passionate about a Premiere league side, though. Just don't do it because you don't want to be ridiculed. I wonder how many fans of this season's newly promoted Premiere league teams were bullied when those teams were down and out - and how many of these bullies are now switching teams.
  • morriss 11 May 2013 11:18:20 71,283 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My oldest says he supports Denmark, England, Spurs, OB (Danish team) and Barcelona.

I tell him Madrid are better but he won't have it. FIFA demo has poisoned him. :)

But Spurs are there, I guess. He automatically wants to support the team I do. I really don't think it's going to be something you force feed a child. They do it to get close to you.

Edited by morriss at 11:19:06 11-05-2013
  • Menace 11 May 2013 11:20:12 5,790 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In this case it was pretty bad bullying, and it seemed the kid wearing the shirt wasn't really old enough to understand why it happened. It's another thing if a kid decides for himself to wear a club shirt, then he'd get my full support.

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• morriss 11 May 2013 11:24:36 71,283 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    VIlla need 3 points to guarantee safety. Lets hope it happens today. And then Everton hammer Chelsea next week.

/miracles
  • Orange 11 May 2013 11:26:06 4,864 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well 2 draws could be enough to put Chelski out of the CL. Bearing in mind they beat Villa 8-0 earlier this season, I'm not optimistic :p
  • morriss 11 May 2013 11:27:06 71,283 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Villa different side now. Markedly improved recently, need the points and are at home.

#prayforspurs
  • morriss 11 May 2013 13:02:28 71,283 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Goal
  • THFourteen 11 May 2013 13:03:10 34,225 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hello.
  • SparkyMarky81 11 May 2013 13:04:45 567 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Villa are looking good here. Amazing what a bit of confidence can do for a team's fortunes.
  • Syrette 11 May 2013 13:14:41 44,090 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Come on Chelsea.

• CharlieStCloud 11 May 2013 13:22:06 5,368 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Come on Chelsea.
    *chokes*

How? What? When? Why...?

You cannot possibly support them!
  • Syrette 11 May 2013 13:25:08 44,090 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Er, for the day I do, yes.

They lose and we win this weekend and we (Newcastle) stay up.

I'm blue for the day.

• Trowel 11 May 2013 13:27:40 18,016 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lucky boy... looked like a goal scoring opportunity to me...
  • CharlieStCloud 11 May 2013 13:28:26 5,368 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    I'm blue for the day.
    Those words makes me FEEL blue ...

... : (
  • Jono62 11 May 2013 13:28:56 14,271 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There was Cole there for cover so I think yellow was correct.
  • Trowel 11 May 2013 13:30:02 18,016 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's more like it.
  • THFourteen 11 May 2013 13:30:22 34,225 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought ramires was utter turd on Wednesday and he's even worse today.
  • Page

of 5618 First / Last