The all-new Premier League thread Page 3561

• Page

of 5547 First / Last

• Commander-Keen 10 May 2013 09:20:05 819 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would imagine that Moyes will leave the scouting network at Everton as it is - you'd think that Utd with all their resources would have a vastly superior one anyway.

The big question mark with Moyes' signings have always been that he can't sign a decent striker, though often they're more expensive, so maybe that's just been down to cash.

The truth is that Moyes' is pretty much walking into a continental style "head Coach" type set-up, at least to begin with, at Utd, rather than a club that needs him to be all things to everyone. You'd imagine they already have a bunch of signings which SAF has lined up, just waiting to be rubber stamped by Moyes.

After all, the existing staff are going to know about the deficiencies and best solutions to them better than someone who has just walked through the door.

Re the Rooney thing, the story is already becoming boring. I hope they just sell the fat fucker and be done with it. Clean break and best for everyone involved.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2013 09:20:05
    Widge wrote:
    Every minor slip will be met with cries to bring in some ridiculous and unavailable manager, or to go back to Fergie, or to bring in some retired squad member.
    This thread should be fun next year then.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2013 09:20:39
    I thought Everton scouted using the Football Manager network anyway?
  • Latin 10 May 2013 09:23:43 3,778 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whether realistic or not I would like to see this happen: Sell wazza (unfortunately being a bell end), anderson (fat, unprofessional, hardly plays and allows moyes to bring Powell through the ranks) and one of valencia/young. Scholes is looking like retiring anyway.

Then sign up Baines, Fellaini and we already have Zaha coming.

The squad would then look like:

GK: De Gea/Lindegaard/Amos

RB: Rafael/Jones/Smalling/Fabio

CB: Rio/Vidic/Evans/Smalling/Jones/Carrick

LB:Baines/Evra/Buttner/Fabio

Midfielders: Carrick, Fellaini, Cleverly, Jones, Powell, Fletcher (long shot!)

In the hole/attacking midfield: Kagawa, Giggs, Fellaini (more a target man role)

Wingers: Nani, Young/Valencia, Welbz, Zaha

Striker: RVP, Chicharito, Welbz

Depending on how much money we get for wazza and how much the evrton lads, you would think that there was space for another signing, especially with the new TV revenues and sponsorship deals etc...

So... Maybe also add Bale to that squad!?

Anyway, these are my thoughts that probably no-one cares about.
  • nickthegun 10 May 2013 09:24:10 60,477 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And the club itself has european experience. Its not like he is going to be booking the hotels himself, he will have plenty of people around him to help him plan european campaigns, not least the director of football or whatever he has been elevated to.

But, yeah, hes fine on a wet wednesday in stoke, but can he do it on a balmy night at the nou camp?

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• THFourteen 10 May 2013 09:28:41 33,854 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Widge wrote:the entire structure at Old Trafford had decided on Moyes and they might know a thing or two about managing a football club, over a facebook commenter.
    To be fair, they probably know absolutely fuck all about choosing a new manager seeing as they haven't had to worry about it for 26 years!
  • Humperfunk 10 May 2013 09:28:46 2,289 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just seen Shearer is still mouthing off about Moyes not having won a trophy before being "a gamble"

Up there with the biggest load of shite I've heard. Is he seriously effectively saying that appointing someone like Harry Redknapp is less of a gamble than David Moyes? Mental. Phil Brown won the playoffs with Hull a few years back and got a trophy for that, should he get the nod before Moyes?

Pah.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• roz123 10 May 2013 09:28:47 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Decided to check the Man U facebook page to see if it was plagued by the same grade of idiot as the LFC one.

Lots of Y NO CHAMPION LEAGUE EXPERIENCE! / EVERTON DID NOT FINISH TOP 4! / WHAT ABOUT SPECIAL ONE? / GET POP GARDIOLA!

There is a twitter account dedicated to posting the silliest things that they spot on there https://twitter.com/MUFC_Facebook
  • Dougs 10 May 2013 09:42:35 68,431 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Just seen Shearer is still mouthing off about Moyes not having won a trophy before being "a gamble"

Up there with the biggest load of shite I've heard. Is he seriously effectively saying that appointing someone like Harry Redknapp is less of a gamble than David Moyes? Mental. Phil Brown won the playoffs with Hull a few years back and got a trophy for that, should he get the nod before Moyes?

Pah.
    I imagine he's thinking there are other managers around the world that have won things and therefore might be less of a gamble. Or does it have to be a Brit?
  • NotSoSlim 10 May 2013 09:44:01 3,129 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Commander Our scouts are pretty poo to be honest. Wouldnt mind a shake up.

When last have we bought from French league for example? Cabaye was known to everyone and look he's worth 25m now

Edited by NotSoSlim at 09:44:50 10-05-2013
  • Dougs 10 May 2013 09:46:27 68,431 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Like fuck he is!
  • King_Edward 10 May 2013 09:47:22 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Are people really suggesting Moyes isn't a gamble? I think it's one worth taking but there's no doubt, Mourinho would've been the safe, short term bet.
  • HarryPalmer 10 May 2013 09:49:51 3,413 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Literally every manager is a gamble.
  • kalel 10 May 2013 09:51:22 88,450 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mourinho would have cost an absolute fortune in comparison, so was in his own way a gamble.
  • reddevil93 10 May 2013 09:55:30 11,862 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    United's head scout Martin Ferguson, (SAF's brother) is also retiring at the end of the season so we could be bringing over some folk from Everton.

• Ziz0u 10 May 2013 09:55:50 8,495 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is Man United's final home game this weekend or next?
  • reddevil93 10 May 2013 09:56:34 11,862 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Is Man United's final home game this weekend or next?
    This Sunday vs Swansea then WBA away the following weekend.

• Ziz0u 10 May 2013 09:57:36 8,495 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cool. Anything special planned for Sir Alex?
  • nickthegun 10 May 2013 09:59:39 60,477 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its no wonder Kenwright was nearly in tears. If this thread is anything to go by Man U are taking Moyes, Baines, Fellaini, Rat Face Jnr and the entire scouting setup.

I also heard Moyes wants to take his office chair with him.

• reddevil93 10 May 2013 10:00:46 11,862 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Cool. Anything special planned for Sir Alex?
    Not anything publicly revealed. The open top bus parade is on Monday for celebrating the title won and the Courteneers are rumoured to be doing a love performance of 'Not Nineteen Forever' on Sunday. Say Scholes is delighted his retirement is being completely overshadowed.

• Shikasama 10 May 2013 10:21:19 6,980 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its no wonder Kenwright was nearly in tears. If this thread is anything to go by Man U are taking Moyes, Baines, Fellaini, Rat Face Jnr and the entire scouting setup.

I also heard Moyes wants to take his office chair with him.
    Fuck that, its a Markus from Ikea. He'll have to pry it from Kenwright's cold, dead hands.
  • nickthegun 10 May 2013 10:25:50 60,477 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After 11 years, hes worn a pretty big arse groove in it, though.

• Shikasama 10 May 2013 10:33:36 6,980 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tim Cahill has basically summed it up pretty well here I think:

"Do you want that manager that's been at the top level and bounced around all the European clubs, bringing in all his own staff in, changing the footprint of what Manchester United's all about, breaking wage structures even more, signing the big superstars or maintaining somebody that respects the club, respects the production of what they're doing (and) understands the budget?"
  • nickthegun 10 May 2013 10:38:24 60,477 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He forgot to add 'winning everything he touches' to the first clause.

• FWB 10 May 2013 11:02:41 44,839 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Moyes will be absolutely fine. It will take time to settle, they might not win anything for a season or two, but they'll be back on course pretty soon.

And the trophy talk means nothing. For 90 of teams the sportvisnt about silverware. We lack the money to buy it. Success is not measured by medals, but is relative to the assets your club has. And that's going to be particularly apparent next next when we start falling down the table.

And least people forget... Fergie is still there. Still fondling in the background.

Edited by FWB at 11:08:11 10-05-2013
  • President_Weasel 10 May 2013 11:04:31 9,452 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    He forgot to add 'winning everything he touches' to the first clause.
    Not doing too great at Real Madrid though is he?
  • RedSparrows 10 May 2013 11:08:28 23,303 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not as well as at Porto, Chelsea or Inter. 3 stellar periods and 1 not-quite-so-stellar period is hardly that bad.
  • nickthegun 10 May 2013 11:09:16 60,477 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You mean like winning something every year, including the league last season against a team that was widely considered 'the best in the world'?

Yeah, he sucks.

• Kay 10 May 2013 11:12:56 17,921 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He can be considered failure at Real Madrid, though - 1 league title and no CL in three seasons is a pretty poor return for a club of that stature. Plus the team's implosion this season was largely down to him.
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 May 2013 11:13:00 14,284 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Indeed Moyes and United will be fine and do well.
    The good thing is that United "fear factor" will be gone, people will feel they are beatable now, especially us, as Fergie has had Wenger's number tactically for a long time now.

Also means the fear of Everton will be gone too?
  • Page

of 5547 First / Last