The all-new Premier League thread Page 3560

• Page

of 4872 First / Last

• welshben23 9 May 2013 19:22:15 1,068 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    @Trowel

Finger crossed! You can gladly have Laudrup though :D.
    Ignoring this jibe, I'd like to echo the sentiments of my unwashed brethren and say fuck off Everton!
  • RightBean 9 May 2013 19:39:41 602 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Trowel wrote:
    SSN have actually awarded Moyes a trophy in his stats rolling on the side of the screen! o_O
    That was his darts trophy from his local.
  • THFourteen 9 May 2013 20:50:39 31,775 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lol

Almunia made a save and the commentators the said "that's why you need a quality keeper"

Hahaha
  • FWB 9 May 2013 21:37:27 41,896 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MacKay might be alright. He's Scottish, so that's something.

Tho tbh he should stay at Cardiff.
  • cheeky_prawnking 9 May 2013 21:39:42 3,787 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Howard Kendall would be good.
  • FWB 9 May 2013 21:59:54 41,896 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't want to go down the Liverpool route and end up mental.
  • RightBean 9 May 2013 22:12:17 602 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    You get some mega ego's at Man Utd, its part of the job, and right off the bat you've got this prima donna, rooney, throwing his rattle out the pram. I hope david is ready for that sort of thing, it's not a bunch of level headed hard working guys at this club.
  • Trowel 9 May 2013 22:15:23 16,833 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RightBean wrote:
    You get some mega ego's at Man Utd, its part of the job, and right off the bat you've got this prima donna, rooney, throwing his rattle out the pram. I hope david is ready for that sort of thing, it's not a bunch of level headed hard working guys at this club.
    He can hold his own:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/preston/1454640.stm
  • FWB 9 May 2013 22:16:35 41,896 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Moyes doesn't take crap from any player. He has made that clear at us.
  • RightBean 9 May 2013 22:28:15 602 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The attitude and the ethic he was able to instil was a lot to do with the success at Everton I think. but it's harder to get that out of the elites, they all think their the best and there's a lot more off-pitch shit, I guess he's experienced and dealt with all sorts though.
  • FWB 9 May 2013 22:33:19 41,896 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well they are hand in hand. The success didn't just materialise. You do have to earn respect, but it also filters right into getting the players to work. Moyes is not the kind of manager to tolerate childish antics. He has made that quite clear with the odd ego we've had.
  • SolidSCB 9 May 2013 22:45:47 5,818 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Of all the things that could possibly go wrong with Moyes at United, discipline will most certainly not be one of them.
  • Shikasama 9 May 2013 22:47:06 6,272 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He's also got the full backing of the board so i don't think any players are going to be able to pull a fast one on him
  • RightBean 9 May 2013 22:49:17 602 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I suppose that is true. It's a different challenge, inspiring an underdog minded team and a champion minded team... I always wondered how he managed to get so much out of Everton, when they were not likely to win anything, they always kept going, how did he manage to inspire them like that. I guess that's his magic trick and probably what a lot of managers also wonder. Now it's a different challenge, let's see if he can do it, it will be interesting.
  • Orange 9 May 2013 22:56:16 4,563 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Neil Lennon now betting favourite for Everton job.
  • FWB 9 May 2013 22:59:22 41,896 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hiring the right players is a big part of it. You instill a strong work ethic and make it very clear that no one is bigger than the team. That way anyone coming in knows they have to adapt to it because it won't just be the manager on their case, but everyone else too. Anyone who is a twat gets removed, regardless how good they are.
  • ecureuil 10 May 2013 02:06:02 76,002 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Orange wrote:
    Neil Lennon now betting favourite for Everton job.
    Can't see that happening. Got to be Martinez, hasn't it? Especially since Wigan are going down.
  • beastmaster 10 May 2013 06:19:33 10,168 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A friend of mine said that the United team is good enough to almost manage itself with the 'systems' in place. Had to remind him of Scolari's turn at Chelsea.

Moyes seems to be the only logical choice although I would have liked to see JM do a couple of years despite his reputation.

Everton fans will know this. From what I can gather, Moyes had a really good youth system in place. He's also sensible with money and certainly will be there for the long term.

The question as to if he will snap under pressure is an interesting one. I hope he doesn't and he'll have Fergie to guide him through it anyhow. No, he hasn't won anything but then again, he's never had a squad like the one at United.

It's all very exciting. Does anyone still think the Prem is boring? I don't think it's ever been better. The race for the Champions League spot is tense and exciting as is the relegation battle. Probably not for someone who supports the teams involved but damn, it's close. Let's not forget that last season's winners were determined by pretty much the last kick of the season.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Trowel 10 May 2013 07:23:17 16,833 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One thing United fans may be overlooking is Moyes's ability to spot talent early. Before they all hit the big time we were heavily linked with the likes of Cech, Dzeko, Hazard, and of course Joao "watch this space" Moutinho, none of which came through because we fell short with cash.

Of course he's had his duffers too, and buying players for instant success as part of a United team is different to buying them for Everton effectively with a long-term profit in mind. The prospect of Moyes with a chequebook is intriguing.
  • Shikasama 10 May 2013 07:23:58 6,272 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The 'race' for the best and worst losers being the best thing about the league isn't...great though is it
  • FWB 10 May 2013 08:10:30 41,896 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm hoping that that scouting network is not just down to Moyes, but is now solid at Goodison. Although he may take it with him.

My biggest concern with him leaving is the loss of the head of a family. I'm not kidding myself that footballers won't go to the biggest bidder, but the majority of the league is made up of temporary bits stuck together. I've been proud to support my club because of the family environment there. We had lots of off days, not been able to finish off games this season has been our biggest downfall, but I never really felt the team wasn't giving its all in a match, Now I'm worried that will go. The lack of ability is one thing, but the lack of spirit is another.

Edited by FWB at 08:16:04 10-05-2013
  • THFourteen 10 May 2013 08:14:35 31,775 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah the amazing scouting network that bring you awesome players like the fat dutch fellow from real madrid, and billyletdinov
  • FWB 10 May 2013 08:23:30 41,896 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Everyone makes mistakes. At least he hasn't lost the plot and only signs faff, eh?
  • NotSoSlim 10 May 2013 08:27:26 3,072 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @THFourteen You say it like every team signs world beaters.

I just like the fact he gives players a chance like Coleman. So hoping Powell either goes out on loan or he's in squad to replace Anderson.

PL has a few gems worth a risk like Shaw at Saints. Championship with Ince. Who for me would be a gem for anyone.
  • Shikasama 10 May 2013 08:34:57 6,272 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, at least the end of the season is working out perfectly for Chelsea and that's all that matters
  • THFourteen 10 May 2013 08:59:51 31,775 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @NotSoSlim

I was only joking!
  • Widge Moderator 10 May 2013 09:07:41 12,572 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decided to check the Man U facebook page to see if it was plagued by the same grade of idiot as the LFC one.

Lots of Y NO CHAMPION LEAGUE EXPERIENCE! / EVERTON DID NOT FINISH TOP 4! / WHAT ABOUT SPECIAL ONE? / GET POP GARDIOLA!

So yes.

This was interspersed with a few more stable heads who were pointing out that the entire structure at Old Trafford had decided on Moyes and they might know a thing or two about managing a football club, over a facebook commenter.

These are the sort of vocal morons that Moyes will have to win over though. Every minor slip will be met with cries to bring in some ridiculous and unavailable manager, or to go back to Fergie, or to bring in some retired squad member.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Shikasama 10 May 2013 09:10:18 6,272 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I still don't really understand what 'European Experience' actually is. It doesn't make much sense to me.

He's spent the past 10 years playing against 'European' clubs, even Champions League winners. He's faced off against some of the greatest players in the history of the Premiership.

Is it the tournament format? Squad rotation? Travel or something? I honestly don't get it
  • FWB 10 May 2013 09:11:03 41,896 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The vocal morons are your plastics. Most of your fans they be.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2013 09:18:52
    Clubs overseas tend to play a different style, there's also the planning of training etc. around the travel.

Everton have been in the Europa League so it's irrelevant anyway.
  • Page

of 4872 First / Last