The all-new Premier League thread Page 3555

• Page

of 5502 First / Last

• spindle9988 9 May 2013 11:53:21 3,596 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    BT sport are making announcements today. Sounds like it will all be free for BT broadband customers
    Sweet. I have BT broadband
  • roz123 9 May 2013 11:53:48 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.btlife.bt.com/entertainment/bt-sport-to-be-free-with-bt-broadband/

BT Sport will be free to any consumer BT broadband customer – the first time in more than 20 years that weekly live matches from the Barclays Premier League will be free to watch.

The three BT Sport channels – BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN – will be packed with world class sport, including 38 exclusively live Barclays Premier League matches, as opposed to the 23 ESPN offered. This includes 18 of the best quality ‘top pick’ matches which for the first time ever are not all with Sky Sports.
  • THFourteen 9 May 2013 11:54:22 33,604 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    BT sport are making announcements today. Sounds like it will all be free for BT broadband customers
    Ah yes, i wondered why my ESPN sub was getting cancelled.

I wonder how much this is going to cost me in extra monthly fees. Don't you just love OFCOM and their sodding fair play shite
  • nickthegun 9 May 2013 11:56:15 60,135 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I assume there will be a way to ponce the details from a relative, a la Sky Go?

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• imamazed 9 May 2013 11:57:20 5,703 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Always got ESPN free with VirginMedia, but I suspect that will be coming to a close. Won't mind shelling out if it's £12 or less; ESPN was excellent value even at full price (£8 I think).

More importantly, are BT taking ESPN's NBA rights or are sky nickin' them all??
  • roz123 9 May 2013 11:59:38 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There is a bit more info about presenters and shows here.
    http://www.btlife.bt.com/entertainment/bt-sport-announces-a-great-line-up-of-sporting-talent/
  • Shikasama 9 May 2013 12:00:12 6,869 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hope someone still shows the European football, or how will I get my hipster fix of Napoli vs Parma
  • imamazed 9 May 2013 12:02:38 5,703 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It also states that ESPN will still be a channel in its own right (albeit under BTsport as a whole).

I wonder whether some of ESPN's lineup will carry over. Steve Macca and Ray Stubbs are mentioned as part of the BT channels, fair enough. I'd like to see James Richardson still presenting serie A though, and Jon Champion is one of the better commentators out there imo.
  • President_Weasel 9 May 2013 12:03:54 9,381 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    roz123 wrote:

BT Sport will be free to any consumer BT broadband customer – the first time in more than 20 years that weekly live matches from the Barclays Premier League will be free to watch.

The three BT Sport channels – BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN – will be packed with world class sport, including 38 exclusively live Barclays Premier League matches, as opposed to the 23 ESPN offered. This includes 18 of the best quality ‘top pick’ matches which for the first time ever are not all with Sky Sports.
    Wait, so I get this free? I can watch Premiership matches on my PC for nothing, as a thank you for being too lazy to switch broadband providers?

Edited by President_Weasel at 12:04:09 09-05-2013
  • nickthegun 9 May 2013 12:04:07 60,135 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im fairly sure ESPN are shutting up shop and BT have, basically, bought them lock stock.

• imamazed 9 May 2013 12:05:03 5,703 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Im fairly sure ESPN are shutting up shop and BT have, basically, bought them lock stock.
    In that first link though, it mentions that ESPN will still be a channel (even if BT own it)
  • nickthegun 9 May 2013 12:06:12 60,135 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    'Under new management'. Im sure it will be phased out eventually.

• teamHAM 9 May 2013 12:07:01 2,975 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    and the English was poor
    Nobody speaks English at Newcastle.
    Ya.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• roz123 9 May 2013 12:07:58 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Michael Owen is among the latest line-up of presenters, commentators and experts to join BT Sport.

The former England striker, due to retire from football at the end of this season, will take up the role of co-commentator
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by roz123 at 12:08:09 09-05-2013
  • imamazed 9 May 2013 12:08:01 5,703 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @nickthegun Perhaps, but it'll be here for at least a season I'd have thought; that first link says the FA Cup will be on it (and I presume foreign footy will be too).

Just interested to see if anyone carries over/will the channel itself actually be quite similar. I presume the second link with all the names in is regarding BT Sports.

Edited by imamazed at 12:08:22 09-05-2013
  • TheSaint 9 May 2013 12:12:46 14,478 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Urgh that BT channel sounds terrible.

All that anti-competition ruling did was cost us more and make the coverage worse.
  • nickthegun 9 May 2013 12:14:21 60,135 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It happens every single time, gas, electricity, water, trains...

Im beginning to think monopolies are the way forward.

• kalel 9 May 2013 12:16:45 87,910 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    Sturridge and Coutinho are 2 of the best Jan signings for a long time. Cant understnad why inter sold Coutinho, he's 20 years old and looks like a great player in the making
    He seems to turn it on against shit teams, as do Liverpool in general.
  • Shikasama 9 May 2013 12:19:03 6,869 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah he looked like a great little player at Inter right up until the point where he didn't.

Like Sturridge looks like a brilliant, 20 goal a season striker, right up until the point where he doesn't, then suddenly does again, then doesn't.

Some players are just fucking weird.
  • Dougs 9 May 2013 12:21:19 68,038 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

I wonder how much this is going to cost me in extra monthly fees. Don't you just love OFCOM and their sodding fair play shite
    More like the European Commission.
  • President_Weasel 9 May 2013 12:23:25 9,381 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Michael Owen is among the latest line-up of presenters, commentators and experts to join BT Sport.

The former England striker, due to retire from football at the end of this season, will take up the role of co-commentator
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    You had to mention that, didn't you. You couldn't let me be happy about free football for more than 20 minutes.
    Well I can watch it with the sound down, so ha!
  • Deleted user 9 May 2013 12:32:51
    morriss wrote:
    Moyes: 6 months in. Moyes' first season. Does MOyes have what it takes against Bayern/Madrid/Barca? Moyes. MOYES. MANCHESTER UNITED.
    OPINIONS.

Would you like people to talk about something else for you now?
  • The-Bodybuilder 9 May 2013 12:34:34 14,225 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In regards to Rooney,

As others have said, I think he's now just generally bored of the game. That can usually be indicated by how they keep themselves in shape for the sport they're in.
    He's 27 and he's basically won everything he can at club level. Equally, he's probably accepted he's not thew new white Pele, or be in the upper echelons of player like Messi and Ron. He's as good as he can be, he's peaked.

I'm guessing he's basically achieved everything he wants to achieve/can achieve and now with no personal goals, he's interest is slowly waning.

He's clearly doing an Arshavin, who after acknowledging Arsenal was going to be the height of his career progression (and not barca, like he had hoped) and added with the fact that we won't challenge for a title in his career-time, just led to general disinterest.
  • Shikasama 9 May 2013 12:36:49 6,869 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.whoscored.com/Players/3859/

Look at the different positions he has started in this season and he has still done a hell of a lot better than most!
  • morriss 9 May 2013 12:47:53 71,034 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Moyes: 6 months in. Moyes' first season. Does MOyes have what it takes against Bayern/Madrid/Barca? Moyes. MOYES. MANCHESTER UNITED.
    OPINIONS.

:'(
  • thedaveeyres 9 May 2013 12:51:15 11,131 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    One thing Rooney has in his favour is that he's not reliant on pace, but on strength and technique as his primary attributes. This should see him continuing to compete at the highest level for a good 6 or 7 years yet, if his heart is still in it.

Edited by thedaveeyres at 12:51:56 09-05-2013

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Deckard1 9 May 2013 12:54:39 28,244 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He's also fat and lazy though, and thats only going to get worse as he gets older.
  • Menace 9 May 2013 12:59:35 5,766 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He should be a playmaker rather than a striker.. making passes like the one he did for RVP.

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• nickthegun 9 May 2013 13:00:42 60,135 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hes going to be such a bloater by the time he hits the pundit circuit.

• Deleted user 9 May 2013 13:03:57
    morriss wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    OPINIONS.

:'(
    No offence, your post just looked a bit unhinged.
  • Page

of 5502 First / Last