The all-new Premier League thread Page 3551

• Page

of 4883 First / Last

• SparkyMarky81 8 May 2013 22:30:50 527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    I think my reservations are because we're grinding results out and that's great and all but can't help but think something will give somewhere. We've ridden some luck in the last few weeks.
    As long as nothing gives in the Wigan game. If it gives against the Toon (my team!), that is quite alright.
  • THFourteen 8 May 2013 22:38:35 31,797 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    I think my reservations are because we're grinding results out and that's great and all but can't help but think something will give somewhere. We've ridden some luck in the last few weeks.
    Yeah I agree.

We've been very lucky in a few games to come away with 3 points.

I think we will get 4 points. We would need stoke to get a point or chelsea to lose a game.

The way the fixtures are set up, with villa, Sunderland and stoke all safe, and moyes not giving a shit anymore for Chelseas last game, we are fucked.
  • The-Bodybuilder 8 May 2013 22:39:23 13,613 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    United have been doing it for decades.

But yeah, I agree. Out form, whilst winning, can be seen by anyone watching that we are barely playing well, surviving on sheer force of will, which would be great if we were United who seem to have endless will power (from the well of SAF, which will now dry up).

QPR should've been murdered yet we barely scraped through. Only hope is that Wigan will be utterly demoralised after a loss in the FA Cup final.
    I also hope rumours of Martinez to Everton start soon, so as to demoralize the team further before we meet.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 8 May 2013 22:42:52 9,529 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Daily Mail are reporting that Rooney has asked Utd for a transfer. Chelsea have made clear their interest in him.
  • FWB 8 May 2013 22:44:34 41,916 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Daily Mail say a lot of things. Since when have they ever been a reliable source for anything? They've made it quite clear that they make shit up to wind people up and get hits.
  • Trowel 8 May 2013 22:48:53 16,846 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Daily Mail say a lot of things. Since when have they ever been a reliable source for anything? They've made it quite clear that they make shit up to wind people up and get hits.
    Just to make sure, they're claiming in the same piece that Ronaldo is on the verge of returning :)
  • roz123 8 May 2013 22:51:32 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A little disappointed with the draw, I thought the game was there for the taking when Spurs couldn't get out of their own half but we failed to capitalise, they came back into it and it was a fair result in the end.
    I'm happy with the point though, I got my Europa final ticket and Fergies retired so its been a decent day overall
  • Shikasama 8 May 2013 22:52:39 6,272 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ooo congrats on the ticket. Is it an official one or did you have to go to 'top men' to get it?
  • roz123 8 May 2013 22:55:39 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Official, I'm on one of the coaches the club are running

Edited by roz123 at 22:57:13 08-05-2013
  • Syrette 8 May 2013 22:55:39 41,801 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago

• Jono62 8 May 2013 23:01:32 13,627 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So that's what he'd look like in Chelsea shirt!
  • President_Weasel 8 May 2013 23:03:38 8,604 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    So that's what he'd look like in Chelsea shirt!
    Ageing, bit fat, slightly overrated, never really performed in an England shirt, little bit past his peak... perfect replacement for Lampard.
  • NotSoSlim 8 May 2013 23:04:05 3,072 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    God these journos are a joke. If he wanted to leave prior then today announcement changes everything.

Shock horror he probably signs new contract on summer. Doubt club will sell to PL team anyway
  • mikew1985 8 May 2013 23:04:52 12,042 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really hope some wasn't paid for producing that fine piece of Photoshop excellence
  • IMO 8 May 2013 23:06:33 5,210 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    Ageing, bit fat, slightly overrated, never really performed in an England shirt, little bit past his peak... perfect replacement for Lampard.
    That pretty much describes the entire England set-up.
  • NotSoSlim 8 May 2013 23:09:29 3,072 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    IMO wrote:
    President_Weasel wrote:
    That pretty much describes the entire England set-up.
    This. We are going to be in papers all summer now
  • Deleted user 8 May 2013 23:26:54
    superdelphinus wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    According to Sky a net spend of 226m over 26 years is just over 14m a year.

They must have got a footballer to use that calculator.
    are they doing something with inflation there

No?
  • President_Weasel 8 May 2013 23:31:01 8,604 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    8 x 26 is 224, so if it is a net spend of 226 million over 26 years that's a teeny fraction over 8 mill a year - if they're using the same figures you are for net spend.
  • kentmonkey 8 May 2013 23:36:52 20,071 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

The way the fixtures are set up, with villa, Sunderland and stoke all safe, and moyes not giving a shit anymore for Chelseas last game, we are fucked.
    If he's thought it through, and he probably hasn't as his brain is probably just going 'FUCK YEAH MAN UTD MANAGER SUCK MY BALLS WANKERS' and who frankly could blame him if it is, but if he has, then there's good reason to beat Chelsea in that final game.

By beating them, he'd have given the others around Chelsea a better chance of qualifying for the CL. Getting players in will be that little bit harder, and tip the odds on any players they both want in Utd's favour due to CL football (Mourinho versus Moyles...you can kinda guess which one most players will have heard of, and would think more likely to help them win trophies). Plus Europa League has more games, tiring Chelsea out more for the PL fixtures.

So there is a little incentive for winning that game, plus I genuinely think he'd want to win his last game in charge at Everton anyway.

My prediction. 3-0 Chelsea.
  • Deleted user 8 May 2013 23:37:56
    It's their number, not mine.
  • ecureuil 8 May 2013 23:46:32 76,009 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Confirmed by Utd, apparently. Had his transfer request turned down.
  • FWB 8 May 2013 23:48:17 41,916 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not to jinx it but we have lost at the Bridge once in seven years. Should have beaten the cunts at Goodison - completely dominated - but for two sudden moments by Fat Frank.

I'd be more concerned about the attitude of the players. It's not that I don't think they or Moyes aren't professional, but it always happens when you hear management is going.

Edited by FWB at 23:49:38 08-05-2013
  • Bremenacht 8 May 2013 23:49:19 15,746 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Yeah I agree.

We've been very lucky in a few games to come away with 3 points.

I think we will get 4 points. We would need stoke to get a point or chelsea to lose a game.

Arsenal have the harder two games; Spurs have the easier.

Spurs will therefore get less points than Arsenal and scratch their heads as to why they're not in the CL again. Lasagne, bad luck, the 'wrong' results elsewhere, injuries to the players who do anything; it's all the same thing to a Spurs supporter, after a while. The Dark Clouds Playbook.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• Syrette 8 May 2013 23:50:33 41,801 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    The way the fixtures are set up, with villa, Sunderland and stoke all safe
    What?

Stoke are pretty much safe but Villa can definitely be caught and Sunderland are only 3 above Wigan.

All the teams above Wigan need to do is better Wigan's result againt you and they'll be safe by this time next week (if they win, then it'll come down to the final day and possibly goal difference).

All my lot need to do is draw against QPR on Saturday, and then pray your lot beat Wigan. Easier said than done.

Edited by Syrette at 23:51:06 08-05-2013

• addyb 9 May 2013 00:09:32 834 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think Wigan are down now. I know its foolish to write them off but they desperately needed to beat Swansea in their last game. I can't see them getting anything from the Emirates.

I'd like to see them stay up but instead of who? I've no real preference. Normally i have 1 or 2 I'd like to see drop but have no real animosity towards any of the teams still in the mix.
  • Syrette 9 May 2013 00:12:11 41,801 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Massive positive for the sides fighting the drop that Arsenal still have something to play for.

Less of a positive for Newcastle if it comes down to the final day but what will be will be.

Edited by Syrette at 00:12:37 09-05-2013

• SparkyMarky81 9 May 2013 00:16:35 527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

Less of a positive for Newcastle if it comes down to the final day but what will be will be.
    Ha ha. That's how I feel now. The worry of relegation has being killing me but I've reached that point were I just want the uncertainty to end, one way or another.

Edited by SparkyMarky81 at 00:17:14 09-05-2013
  • addyb 9 May 2013 00:17:35 834 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Newcastle have been awful this season. I've admittedly not watched a lot of their games but falling through the trap door this season would be disastrous considering their great position last season. Didnt Pardew sign an 8 year contract or something as well?
  • SparkyMarky81 9 May 2013 00:23:01 527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @addyb

You might not of watched a lot of our games, but you are spot on. We've been shite.
  • addyb 9 May 2013 00:27:06 834 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SparkyMarky81 wrote:
    @addyb

You might not of watched a lot of our games, but you are spot on. We've been shite.
    Any particular area or right across the board? When you made a few signings in Jan you picked up a little bit then but it didn't seem to last long.
  • Page

of 4883 First / Last