The all-new Premier League thread Page 3525

• Page

of 5663 First / Last

• Feanor 6 May 2013 14:14:56 14,185 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:Moyes is massively overrated. We had the same kind of budget as them when Arsene arrived and look where we are now.
    Trophyless since 2005?

Edited by Feanor at 14:15:55 06-05-2013
  • Deleted user 6 May 2013 14:19:00
    Boom.

It's also I suspect bollocks that Wenger had the same budget. He didn't buy the likes of Bergkamp, Overmars, Viera and Petit on a shoestring.
  • kentmonkey 6 May 2013 14:28:10 20,933 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Feanor :-)

That was a perfect balance of a witty retort and a genuine fact-based question. I doff my cap sir.
  • Jono62 6 May 2013 14:28:52 14,364 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bergkamp was a Rioch signing wasn't he?
  • Deleted user 6 May 2013 14:29:47
    Maybe. Still.
  • kentmonkey 6 May 2013 14:32:25 20,933 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Jono62 yep 7m i think as well. I remember him being a bargain. Fairly certain Kanu cost us more than Bergkamp which considering he was 51 when we signed him was less of a bargain.
  • FWB 6 May 2013 15:11:13 45,627 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nice new stadium you guys have too.
  • ElNuevo9 6 May 2013 15:53:24 13,604 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    What happened to Kagawa? Did Fergie sign the wrong Dortmund attacker because they seem to have improved without him
    Reaching the CL final aside, Dortmund blitzed the Bundesliga last year, beating Bayern by 9 points iirc. They also beat demolished Bayern 5-2 in the cup final.

No they're 22 points behind Bayern.

Not sure that's what you call 'improved'.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• The-Bodybuilder 6 May 2013 15:53:44 14,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It cannot or should not ever be argued that Moyes is overrated just because of Wenger's achievements.

Might as well say AVB is the better manager between him and Wenger because he's currently achieving more with a potentially "lesser" squad (in regards to costs and wages).

Then it will be said Wenger is overrated.

It's just pointless comparisons.
  • FWB 6 May 2013 15:56:02 45,627 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One things for sure, I could have won the title for City last year.
  • The-Bodybuilder 6 May 2013 15:56:08 14,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    What happened to Kagawa? Did Fergie sign the wrong Dortmund attacker because they seem to have improved without him
    Reaching the CL final aside, Dortmund blitzed the Bundesliga last year, beating Bayern by 9 points iirc. They also beat demolished Bayern 5-2 in the cup final.

Well they also finished at the bottom of their CL group (or 3rd, can't remember) and were out in the first round, whilst this time they've gone to the finals without losing a single game.

Plus Klopp openly admitted earlier in the season that they would concentrate more on Europe.

It's quite obvious they have improved. What's also obvious is that Bayern have improved significantly too.
  • The-Bodybuilder 6 May 2013 15:58:13 14,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    One things for sure, I could have won the title for City last year.
    I could've won the title with City this year tbh.
    How Mancini is allowed to claim his strike force isn't enough when he has the likes of Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Silva, I don't know. No one forced him to sell Balotelli, and he was a liability anyways and had become poor.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 6 May 2013 16:00:24 10,071 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:Moyes is massively overrated. We had the same kind of budget as them when Arsene arrived and look where we are now.
    Trophyless since 2005?
    Wenger's been at Arsenal for longer than 8 years.

Vieira, Petit, Anelka and Overmars were all bought for a total under 15m. Overmars, Anelka and Petit were all sold for a big profit and paid for the training ground, Henry, Pires, Ljungberg etc.
  • Tom_Servo 6 May 2013 16:05:05 18,082 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    this time they've gone to the finals without losing a single game.
    They just lost 2-0 to Madrid!
  • Blaketown 6 May 2013 16:17:11 4,955 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    roz123 wrote:

Well they also finished at the bottom of their CL group (or 3rd, can't remember) and were out in the first round, whilst this time they've gone to the finals without losing a single game.

Plus Klopp openly admitted earlier in the season that they would concentrate more on Europe.

It's quite obvious they have improved. What's also obvious is that Bayern have improved significantly too.
    So Real have improved over last year too? As they had the privilege of "concentrating on Europe" after being utterly humiliated in the league and having it lost before Christmas too.

I fucking hope United don't improve next season.

Edited by Blaketown at 16:20:46 06-05-2013

Brap, brap, old chap.

• NotSoSlim 6 May 2013 16:17:50 3,149 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    I'd rather Kagawa on current form though. The games he played recently he gave us an extra threat and he has a real eye for a killer pass.
    Or ply the Chelsea formation with 3 players floating behind main striker.

Its plain to see that wingers for us now date as leaves us short in the middle.

2 sitting, 3 behind a striker. Sorted.

Rooney and Kagagwa could be a revelation given some actual game time, We tried to get Hazard too so obviously thats type of player we have been looking at
  • reddevil93 6 May 2013 16:19:23 12,071 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    From Mbia's official twitter:

@StephaneMbia: So... Seriously @Joey7Barton do you want rechange your seat with me ? #qpr #om .

Great stuff.

• The-Bodybuilder 6 May 2013 16:26:56 14,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    roz123 wrote:

So Real have improved over last year too? As they had the privilege of "concentrating on Europe" after being utterly humiliated in the league and having it lost before Christmas too.

Some of you people here are argumentative as f*ck man. Really? Are you really gonna claim that Dortmund have not improved? You gonna sit there and claim that because of Real's form?

Dortmund are not real, they aren't even Bayern. Klopp said it from the start Europe was their priority(go check it up, rather than assume that's the case because they lost ground to BM), they do no have the squad large enough and strong enough to battle on both fronts, whereas Real do (and BM).

I do not know are care if Real have improved or not, but if you want to argue that Dortmund haven't improved, whilst also overlooking the fact the Bayern have improved to such a significant degree that even Dortmund's own improvements weren't enough to close on the new gap made by Bayern's own improvements, then be my guest.

To summarize; Dortmund have improved (as they did even when they lost Sahin 2 seasons before). Bayern have improved to a greater degree than Dortmund.
    Just because Bayern improved doesn't somehow mean Dortmund haven't, especially as they are now both in the CL final.

Sheeeeesh.

Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 16:31:02 06-05-2013
  • The-Bodybuilder 6 May 2013 16:27:37 14,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    this time they've gone to the finals without losing a single game.
    They just lost 2-0 to Madrid!
    Ooops, forgot about that, lol.
    But you know what I mean. :D
  • Deleted user 6 May 2013 16:28:40
    reddevil93 wrote:

@StephaneMbia: So... Seriously @Joey7Barton do you want rechange your seat with me ? #qpr #om .

Great stuff.
    What's that incoherent nonsense mean and why should anyone care?
  • SuperCoolEskimo 6 May 2013 16:49:20 10,071 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:

Great stuff.
    What's that incoherent nonsense mean and why should anyone care?
    I take it he's asking Barton if he wants to swap clubs. Just the attitude you need from your players in a relegation battle :D
  • ElNuevo9 6 May 2013 17:00:20 13,604 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Blaketown wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:
    roz123 wrote:

Some of you people here are argumentative as f*ck man. Really? Are you really gonna claim that Dortmund have not improved? You gonna sit there and claim that because of Real's form?

Dortmund are not real, they aren't even Bayern. Klopp said it from the start Europe was their priority(go check it up, rather than assume that's the case because they lost ground to BM), they do no have the squad large enough and strong enough to battle on both fronts, whereas Real do (and BM).

I do not know are care if Real have improved or not, but if you want to argue that Dortmund haven't improved, whilst also overlooking the fact the Bayern have improved to such a significant degree that even Dortmund's own improvements weren't enough to close on the new gap made by Bayern's own improvements, then be my guest.

To summarize; Dortmund have improved (as they did even when they lost Sahin 2 seasons before). Bayern have improved to a greater degree than Dortmund.
    Just because Bayern improved doesn't somehow mean Dortmund haven't, especially as they are now both in the CL final.

Sheeeeesh.
    It's not really that clear cut though, is it.

Chelsea were fucking dogshit for a massive chunk of last season, yet came away winning the biggest prize in club football. Why? They quickly prioritized the CL after it became apparent the didn't have a hope in hell of winning the league. This year, they've added two phenomenally gifted attacking talents in Oscar and Hazard. Without a doubt, they're a much better team than they were last year, yet went out of the CL in the group stages.

Dortmund, without being dogshit, quickly realized by about November that they were out of the league. The rest of the seasons focus was clearly centred around Europe. Does that represent a massive improvement? No, not for me, just a shift in priorities.

Sheeeeesssshhhh.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Sid-Nice 6 May 2013 18:58:32 15,851 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    9:45pm Cr---Ouch Sunderland 0 Stoke 1.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Ziz0u 6 May 2013 19:05:03 8,648 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sheeeeeeeeeeshhh
  • SuperCoolEskimo 6 May 2013 19:06:03 10,071 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Keeeeeeebab.
  • nickthegun 6 May 2013 19:26:13 61,348 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hehe. This is doing the rounds among my arsenal supporting mates and not one of them has spotted that one of the results is against a fictitious team:

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Dougs 6 May 2013 19:47:06 69,533 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /sigh
  • Jono62 6 May 2013 20:18:00 14,364 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The honeymoon period is well and truly over. Stoke 1-0 up already. Fully expect Wigan to win tomorrow.
  • Page

of 5663 First / Last