The all-new Premier League thread Page 3524

• Page

of 5502 First / Last

• roz123 6 May 2013 09:40:58 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    :lol: is the race for third and fourth not interesting enough already?

Luiz has always had a petulant side but I don't think he's a dirty player, the smiling looked bad but this day and age if someone kicks out at you in the dying minutes of a big win then you feign injury just to run down the clock. He should have pulled the expression of someone who has been shot.
    A lot of people are touting him as a future captain because he is starting to show a real desire and he also seems to be a popular character amongst the players. He is a world away from the player we first saw 2 years ago who would do something stupid almost every game and was caught saying "it wasn't me" but I still think he needs to take more responsibility for his actions.

What happened to Kagawa? Did Fergie sign the wrong Dortmund attacker because they seem to have improved without him

Edited by roz123 at 11:03:08 06-05-2013
  • THFourteen 6 May 2013 09:53:42 33,623 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    roz123 wrote:

What happened to Kagawa? Did Fergie sign the wrong Dortmund attacker because they seem to have improved without him
    I think it all started when I put him in my fantasy football team.
  • THFourteen 6 May 2013 09:54:45 33,623 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    If Chelsea beat Spurs on Wednesday evening, does it mean Arsenal and Tottenham will be fighting over the fourth place?

If so, this is going to be so interesting!

: )
    ideally Chelsea will beat spurs or at least draw and then stoke will draw with spurs on Saturday

that means we can clinch 4th place with a win at home to wigan

I just cant see us getting 6 points from the last 2 games, so we need help.

just realised, if spurs lose on Wednesday I think that gives us the option to draw one of our last two games. bonza

a spurs win would mean end of the road for us though.

Edited by THFourteen at 09:56:38 06-05-2013

Edited by THFourteen at 09:58:10 06-05-2013
  • mikew1985 6 May 2013 09:55:13 12,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :(

Bloody shocking that he's been omitted especially as he was showing excellent form. Giggs getting two full run outs in the last week and Shinji not getting a look in is very strange indeed.
  • SolidSCB 6 May 2013 10:22:19 6,774 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I can already see that he's going to be wasted with us, which is a shame as he looks a proper player.
  • mikew1985 6 May 2013 10:26:04 12,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, I can't believe he didn't even get a run out in the Arse or Chelsea games. Madness.

Certainly would have preferred to see him start behind RVP in yesterdays game, would have given us more of an edge imo.

How Valencia has gotten so many games in the last 3 months is beyond me, he's been appalling going forward.
  • NotSoSlim 6 May 2013 10:26:15 3,127 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Depends on what happens in the summer in all honesty. SAF already said this year has been a learning experience for Kagawa. Next season he will play most games imo as his movement is what we miss especially in Europe

At least we have found a way to fit him in a 442 from left ala Silva.

Van Persie saying he cannot wait for trophy kinda shows where platers heads are at.

Valencia has no use in our team anymore as he is too one dimensional. Teams evolving and reason why Rooney needs to adapt better.

Edited by NotSoSlim at 10:28:20 06-05-2013
  • mikew1985 6 May 2013 10:27:32 12,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All the more reason to give Shinji some game time, nothing to lose at this point in the season, can play with some freedom and no pressure.
  • SolidSCB 6 May 2013 10:47:25 6,774 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He's barely been trusted with a single big game all season, even though he's a proven matchwinner with Dortmund. The fact that he isn't getting games at the arse end of the season when there's nothing to play for is telling too. We'll never see his best while he's with us.
  • FWB 6 May 2013 10:55:18 44,670 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not bought to sell shirts in Japan. Oh no.

Edited by FWB at 10:55:47 06-05-2013
  • SolidSCB 6 May 2013 10:57:13 6,774 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    In all fairness that looks exactly the case right now.
  • mikew1985 6 May 2013 11:03:34 12,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Which makes no sense as he's thrice the player that Ji Sung Park is/was imo.
  • FWB 6 May 2013 11:19:49 44,670 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've said it before, but I remember the day Nakamura signed for Celtic. I was living in Japan. How did I find this out? Because overnight hordes of Celtic shirts appeared on the street and I had no idea why.

Not saying Shinji isn't good, but of course he was bought for shirt sales. Get one Asian player in your team and said nationality will suddenly become diehard fans. My students are exactly the same.

Edited by FWB at 11:24:46 06-05-2013
  • kalel 6 May 2013 11:34:24 87,933 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The shirt thing is massively overstated as a financial reason to sign players. It's some bullshit a Daily Mailer once came up with and still gets trotted out. Kagawa is on very high wages, and shirt sales would barely make a dent in them. When you consider he's taking up a precious foreign player squad place as well, that is clearly not the reason for his signing.
  • reddevil93 6 May 2013 12:08:07 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Moyes backed in from 7/2 down to 1/2 to be next United manager on Paddy Powers after large bets overnight. Seems very strange.

Also as kalel says the shirts thing is very overstated. United don't even make money for shirts sold, goes directly to nike as part of the deal. Shinji them more power when negotiating a new contract if you want to put it that way.

• FWB 6 May 2013 12:14:42 44,670 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Also as kalel says the shirts thing is very overstated. United don't even make money for shirts sold, goes directly to nike as part of the deal. Shinji them more power when negotiating a new contract if you want to put it that way.
    "Shirt sales" doesn't just mean "shirt sales". It means PR and opening up the club to fanbases, which in turn means more sponsorship deals in said country. The Japanese dive head first into all that kind of stuff. Come out with a Utd Whisky and they'll be downing it in gallons.

Moyes won't be the new Utd manager. He is going to leave us this summer and Fergie isn't going anywhere.
  • reddevil93 6 May 2013 12:25:33 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah fair enough.

Now the rumour is he's going to take over as assistant manager for a season and be in control while Fergie's out with his hip surgery and then take over completely next season. Really can't see it happening at all and think the club would be mad to take on a manager with no CL experience when SAF does retire.

• FWB 6 May 2013 12:28:16 44,670 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nah. Don't think Moyes would move down a position, even if one could argue it would be a step up cos it is Utd. Plus, as you say, he doesn't have CL experience. Only possibility is he finds a CL club abroad for a few years until Fergie does retire.

Man, I wish I could use SHIFT- FUND for us.

Edited by FWB at 12:31:06 06-05-2013
  • mikew1985 6 May 2013 12:33:58 12,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't know, a chance to learn off Fergie for a season and then make the guaranteed step up to being the manager for Manchester United. I can't see how that would be considered a step down in way shape or form.

I'm not saying I think it will happen mind, I think it's just circumstance leading to a logical, if slightly silly rumour. I can't see Moyes getting the United job anyway, no CL experience is a big risk; I'm just saying I wouldn't discount it on the basis that you have.

I was thinking about it yesterday, where is it that Everton fans think Moyes will go this summer anyway?

What job is going to be available to him thats bigger than Everton?
  • FWB 6 May 2013 12:38:35 44,670 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not saying the career move isn't a step up, but the position isn't. Remember, he was offered the Utd assistant position before he came to us, but opted for a shitty team lingering at the bottom. Yes, that was a decade ago, but it seems his mind is on the top position at a club. Not sure he would leave us, much stronger than we were, for the same position offered before.

He will go somewhere with financies and European football. He has hinted about abroad.

Edited by FWB at 12:39:09 06-05-2013
  • mikew1985 6 May 2013 12:42:39 12,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I did say if the job offered was assistant for a year - 1st team manager thereafter. Thats very different than flat out assistant manager.

Would love to see him take o the challenge of going abroad to see how he would get on both in Europe and with some financial clout.

Otherwise I can't see him leaving Everton really.
  • mikew1985 6 May 2013 12:45:04 12,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Barely PL but will be lolworthy especially to the Irish contingent on here, from SSN:

"Hull City boss Steve Bruce has promised Paul McShane a new pay deal after the Tigers leaped back into the Premier League. He said: "Paul has had a difficult couple of years but he will be the first one I speak to in the next week or so to offer a new contract.""

Hull. Are. Fucked.

:D
  • FWB 6 May 2013 12:45:18 44,670 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    He wouldn't get the job in a year's time. Fergie is going nowhere for a few more years at least.
  • President_Weasel 6 May 2013 12:46:22 9,383 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The last few games of the season, with the title already won, it wouldn't surprise me if Ferguson does a mixture of giving Lindegaard enough goes to get a medal, and giving his squad trash a few games to put them in the shop window so he can sell them easier.
    I'd expect he wants to keep Kagawa (possibly in the hopes I won't put him in my fantasy football team next season and ruin him again) so maybe we'll see Nani and Fat Anderson get all the remaining minutes.
  • reddevil93 6 May 2013 12:48:29 11,814 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Disappointed Scholes didn't get a run out yesterday, 3 shy of 500 PL appearances so doesn't look like he'll reach that milestone now. Not that the man himself would care.

• Shikasama 6 May 2013 12:50:44 6,872 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hasn't Moyes been linked with Shalke?
  • FWB 6 May 2013 12:52:54 44,670 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One rumour, yep. I won't begrudge him at all when he goes. Nor any players that follow him.
  • NotSoSlim 6 May 2013 13:05:06 3,127 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kagawa was bought to play behind a striker primarily Rooney. Then Van Persie became available.

Now it's try to fit Rooney and Kagawa into team as let's face it they are the two most creative in our team.
  • mikew1985 6 May 2013 13:07:03 12,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd rather Kagawa on current form though. The games he played recently he gave us an extra threat and he has a real eye for a killer pass.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 6 May 2013 13:41:42 9,884 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Moyes is massively overrated. We had the same kind of budget as them when Arsene arrived and look where we are now.

Edited by SuperCoolEskimo at 13:42:55 06-05-2013
  • Page

of 5502 First / Last