The all-new Premier League thread Page 3510

• Page

of 5599 First / Last

• kalel 30 Apr 2013 10:57:54 89,116 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He's ugly, so it's reasonable to assume Sky are hiring him because he's a good pundit.
  • teamHAM 30 Apr 2013 11:07:51 3,116 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Provided we stay up, I fully expect Mike Ashley to dump Pardew (fortunately) and go after Redknapp (unfortunately).

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Deleted user 30 April 2013 11:09:20
    After Carragher's flirtation as a 'pundit' this season and his comments after the last Suarez declarable, he can fuck right off. He was either on MoTD or Sky Sports News and couldn't string 2 words together without saying 'erm' in that grating Scouse accent. Not to mention the blokes a Grade-A Cretin.
  • TheSaint 30 Apr 2013 11:09:30 14,698 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't he turn you down before because he didn't fancy the travel? I'd be surprised if Newcastle went back and offered it to him again.
  • nickthegun 30 Apr 2013 11:12:05 60,965 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its a fucking long drive from sandbanks to the tyne, Sandra.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Commander-Keen 30 Apr 2013 11:38:09 830 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think you'd have to be a bit insane to want the Newcastle job to be honest. Mike Ashley is an absolute clown and they really could have been another Venkys if not for a bit of luck and actually a handful of people in the club knowing what they're doing.

You just know that they're going to do some dumb shit in the near future, just as it looks like they're learning their lessons, and show what they're made of.
  • kalel 30 Apr 2013 11:40:17 89,116 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They've got themselves into an interesting pickle now with Pardew.

I personally think they should keep the faith for at least another half a season or so. See if he can learn from where they went wrong this year, and get back to the success of the year before.
  • nickthegun 30 Apr 2013 11:41:34 60,965 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    last year they vastly over achieved, this year they vastly under achieved so, going by the goldilocks principle, next year pards should get it just right and finish mid-table.

Edited by nickthegun at 11:41:54 30-04-2013

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Shikasama 30 Apr 2013 11:45:37 7,068 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    People keep going on about this 7 year contract like it is a covenant from God himself.

If people honestly believe that hugely succesfull businessman Mike Ashley locked himself into a 7 year agreement then I have to think they're idiots.

There will be all sorts of caveats, targets, thresholds, early termination clauses and what have you.
  • kalel 30 Apr 2013 11:48:27 89,116 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Regardless of the terms of the contract, it was a very public longterm commitment to Pardew in order to demonstrate their chopping and changing days were over. Even if there are not devastating financial consequences to firing him, it's still a big step back towards becoming a joke of a club again.
  • captbirdseye 30 Apr 2013 11:49:50 5,254 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't get the Carragher hate, and always comes across as a pretty decent bloke.

I will always love him for pwning Adrian Durham though :D.
  • teamHAM 30 Apr 2013 11:50:23 3,116 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm pretty sure the mandate of his contract was to win every game. If he doesn't win every game he's in breach. A one year payoff if he is sacked aswell.

It's not worth the paper it's written on.

As for melted candle face, it's well known he turned Ashley down before because he didn't fancy it oop norf, and yet he was the big man's first choice.

Rumours are going round that Pardew's been told he has three games to save himself and the club. After that fook knows. Benitez possibly but I can't see it. Most likely Zola or the like.

• teamHAM 30 Apr 2013 11:52:23 3,116 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And yes, Llambias said Pardew was "entitled to a bad season".

I guess what he wasn't expecting was one of the worst seasons in our entire history with negative club records being broken almost every week.

• Deckard1 30 Apr 2013 11:52:34 29,111 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think we're down to be honest. Just can't see us getting anymore point from the remaining games.

Man U fans, is there something I have to do to become one of you, or do I just have to say "I'm a man u fan"?

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• Commander-Keen 30 Apr 2013 11:56:29 830 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I think we're down to be honest. Just can't see us getting anymore point from the remaining games.

Man U fans, is there something I have to do to become one of you, or do I just have to say "I'm a man u fan"?
    Why not pick a club closer to home? I hear Sunderland are going places...
  • Shikasama 30 Apr 2013 11:58:05 7,068 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:

You need to start off by saying how your title winning squad is shit and nowhere near as good as anyone else in the league you've just won.
  • President_Weasel 30 Apr 2013 11:59:31 9,563 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Didn't Lambert have picking the kids forced on him rather than as a concious choice?
    He's still got a bunch of well-paid, disappointing journeymen on the books if he wanted to go that route. Ireland and N'Zogbia, for example.
    I don't think he got given a bunch of money to bring new players in, though, I'd agree with you there, but he could have used the 'meh' players he had rather than taking a big chance on a very young team this season.
  • Deckard1 30 Apr 2013 12:02:05 29,111 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:

You need to start off by saying how your title winning squad is shit and nowhere near as good as anyone else in the league you've just won.
    Ok. I've never been to Manchester so I have that in my favour as well.

• Deleted user 30 April 2013 12:09:42
    @Deckard1 Remember that Football was created in 1992.
  • enfilade 30 Apr 2013 12:17:28 218 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:

My girlfriend's a massive Man United fan and having to put up with her moaning shite has come really close to setting me off. When I'm hunched over my TV set watching David bloody Vaughan hitting a worldie into the top corner for 3-0, that's the last thing I want to hear about...
  • Mr_Sleep 30 Apr 2013 12:17:56 17,273 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:
    Didn't Lambert have picking the kids forced on him rather than as a concious choice?
    He's still got a bunch of well-paid, disappointing journeymen on the books if he wanted to go that route. Ireland and N'Zogbia, for example.
    I don't think he got given a bunch of money to bring new players in, though, I'd agree with you there, but he could have used the 'meh' players he had rather than taking a big chance on a very young team this season.
    He did have some money in the summer, he spent it on Vlaar, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Bennett, Bowery and Benteke. It was a combined total of around 20 million iirc. 4 of those players have done really well and El Ahmadi started very well but it just hasn't quite worked out with him for some reason, he seemed like he would be very good but dropped off. Bowery has shown he might well be a good player too.

So Lambert bought young inexperienced players for the most part and while some of that is obviously enforced by Faulkner/Lerner I do think he has the eye for talent. We also hired a very experienced european scout so don't be surprised if more Benteke-like players turn up. I think the major problem Lambert faces is the wage-to-turnover issue, once Ireland, N'Zogbia and Bent are gone then most of the old dead wood will be gone and he can shape things as he wants even more.

You are a factory of sadness.

• SuperCoolEskimo 30 Apr 2013 12:26:09 9,983 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Newcastle aren't going to go down. They aren't going to sack Pardew either. By the end of June they'll have put this season behind them and will start preparing for next season with optimism like everyone else.

The end.
  • Mr_Sleep 30 Apr 2013 12:28:19 17,273 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @SuperCoolEskimo Hah, I can't help but agree!

• kalel 30 Apr 2013 12:28:46 89,116 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Newcastle aren't going to go down. They aren't going to sack Pardew either. By the end of June they'll have put this season behind them and will start preparing for next season with optimism like everyone else.

The end.
    Yeah, probably this.

It has been a terrible week for them though. I bet they didn't dream of Villa making up those points so quickly, let alone the goal difference. They are most definitely in quite bg trouble, but they really don't need much more to stay up, and have the cushion of knowing Villa and Wigan are yet to play each other.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 30 Apr 2013 12:32:10 9,983 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wigan are almost certain to go down. They have 5 games in two weeks, a game every 3 days starting this weekend including a cup final they'll probably lose. It's going to take a minor miracle for them to stay up.
  • Mr_Sleep 30 Apr 2013 12:33:28 17,273 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think Neville had it right last night when he said that Wigan's cup final will affect them and will ensure they fail to get the necessary points.

• kalel 30 Apr 2013 12:34:33 89,116 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chelsea are in a very similar situation and nobody seems to think it's a problem.

I know Chelsea aren't Wigan, but still, it's a factor many are ignoring.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 30 Apr 2013 12:36:10 9,983 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @kalel Chelsea have a much bigger and better squad and they're used to playing midweek games so I think it won't really affect them.

I hope I'm wrong, though.
  • Deckard1 30 Apr 2013 12:38:00 29,111 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    2 away games and Arsenal at home left. At a push I'd say we might get 2 draws from them. If wigan beat West Brom away, I think we're fucked. If they don't we'll be fine.

• Commander-Keen 30 Apr 2013 12:46:31 830 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    2 away games and Arsenal at home left. At a push I'd say we might get 2 draws from them. If wigan beat West Brom away, I think we're fucked. If they don't we'll be fine.
    I'm kind of hoping you guys spank Arsenal...
  • Page

of 5599 First / Last