---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• LionheartDJH 28 Apr 2013 10:14:42 19,461 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    That was Borini's first ever PL goal?

GLOL.
    Well he has been injured for most of the season and has only played the equivalent of 5 full matches in the league.

She dives for cheese pasties

• RobTheBuilder 28 Apr 2013 10:48:57 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @FWB the world's supply of irony will run out
  • Deleted user 28 April 2013 11:05:10
    @LionheartDJH It was more depressing it was a toepoke.
  • Fydria 28 Apr 2013 11:26:05 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If I was a betting man, I'd back 3 home wins today.
  • Blaketown 28 Apr 2013 12:37:02 4,652 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've backed 2 home wins but QPR to beat Reading. Reading are so appalling they have no chance and QPR have actually played fairly well recently despite the results.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Sid-Nice 28 Apr 2013 13:33:06 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This result has been on the cards all season; any team in the 4 English League divisions would have won comfortably against Newcastle yesterday. Football is a team game and it is unfair to single out individuals; but tactically we are so inept.

In our last 2 home games we have made a mediocre Sunderland side look good and then made an above average Liverpool side look world class. The tactical inefficiencies of Alan Pardew are there to be exploited; both Di Canio and Rodgers will be credited with masterminding 2 fantastic results, when in actual fact the Newcastle defence is easier to penetrate than a well lubricated snatch.

Playing a high line in midfield has left our central defenders vulnerable; we have been fortunate that so many of the 3 on 2 situations have gone unpunished throughout the season. The last 2 home games have been like “Groundhog Day” the fans chanting for “Ben Arfa” (who is a liability if you ask me) he loses possession which results in the killer goal and on cue there is a mass exodus out of St James’ Park.

Did the fans really want to see Ben Arfa play or did they have to be somewhere else? In our last 3 games Alan Pardew has set out his stall to go all Gung Ho for a win; claiming “The 3 points are vital for survival” which has resulted in 1 point out of a possible 9. In hindsight setting out our stall to earn a draw from 4 of our last 6 games would have been a better option and would have guaranteed that we’d miss the drop.

If we are fortunate enough to keep our Premier League status this season; then dramatic changes will have to be made before the next campaign, excuses like injuries, fatigue, suspensions etc. effect all teams, yet there is no excuse for bad management.

NNID Sid-Nice

• kalel 28 Apr 2013 13:45:53 87,749 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Even just accepting the loss yesterday and not getting so severely humped would have been a half decent managerial decision.

I think you'll stay up though.
  • TheSaint 28 Apr 2013 14:02:40 14,421 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure if I can be bothered with El Crapico today but Adkins relegating Redknapp would be lovely.
  • SparkyMarky81 28 Apr 2013 14:08:25 565 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Even just accepting the loss yesterday and not getting so severely humped would have been a half decent managerial decision.

I wish I was as confident of that but I honestly think we are as bad as anyone in the EPL this season. Even the games we have won have been far from convincing.

I heard nothing but good things about Mbiwa, but he looks worse than Titus Bramble. He's young and needs to adapt to the Premier League, granted, but his positioning and touch have been shite and he unsettles the whole (already dodgy) defence.

Debuchy wants a good slap for getting himself sent off yesterday too because another missing defender is the last thing we needed.

We need to go back to the 4-3-3 that served us well last season. Ever since we changed formation, we have looked very poor.

Edited by SparkyMarky81 at 14:08:39 28-04-2013
  • President_Weasel 28 Apr 2013 14:09:11 9,337 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    This result has been on the cards all season; any team in the 4 English League divisions would have won comfortably against Newcastle yesterday. Football is a team game and it is unfair to single out individuals; but tactically we are so inept.

In our last 2 home games we have made a mediocre Sunderland side look good and then made an above average Liverpool side look world class. The tactical inefficiencies of Alan Pardew are there to be exploited; both Di Canio and Rodgers will be credited with masterminding 2 fantastic results, when in actual fact the Newcastle defence is easier to penetrate than a well lubricated snatch.

Playing a high line in midfield has left our central defenders vulnerable; we have been fortunate that so many of the 3 on 2 situations have gone unpunished throughout the season. The last 2 home games have been like “Groundhog Day” the fans chanting for “Ben Arfa” (who is a liability if you ask me) he loses possession which results in the killer goal and on cue there is a mass exodus out of St James’ Park.

Did the fans really want to see Ben Arfa play or did they have to be somewhere else? In our last 3 games Alan Pardew has set out his stall to go all Gung Ho for a win; claiming “The 3 points are vital for survival” which has resulted in 1 point out of a possible 9. In hindsight setting out our stall to earn a draw from 4 of our last 6 games would have been a better option and would have guaranteed that we’d miss the drop.

If we are fortunate enough to keep our Premier League status this season; then dramatic changes will have to be made before the next campaign, excuses like injuries, fatigue, suspensions etc. effect all teams, yet there is no excuse for bad management.
    Didn't get slated earlier in this thread for playing negatively and trying for draws?
  • LionheartDJH 28 Apr 2013 14:13:38 19,461 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Not sure if I can be bothered with El Crapico today but Adkins relegating Redknapp would be lovely.
    Very little happened do far, both of them look like they've given up the ghost. Reckon they'll draw and relegate each other.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Sid-Nice 28 Apr 2013 14:41:00 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    Didn't get slated earlier in this thread for playing negatively and trying for draws?
    It's all well and good setting out your stall not to concede; but when you do take that option you also need a plan (B) in the event of going a goal down.

The media are trying to blame the fans "For demanding attacking football" on our current plight. The playing staff at Newcastle United's are capable of holding on to a top 10 spot in the Premier League; with the right tactics and a balanced team formation. We've had too many square pegs in round holes; players playing out of position this season.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Sid-Nice 28 Apr 2013 14:51:24 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SparkyMarky81 wrote:
    kalel wrote:

I wish I was as confident of that but I honestly think we are as bad as anyone in the EPL this season. Even the games we have won have been far from convincing.
    Off the top of my head; Reading (a) Everton (a) West Brom (h) Fulham (h) should have/could have only resulted in 2 points rather than the 8 points we gained. Our position would have been a point behind Wigan with 1 less game to play.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Trowel 28 Apr 2013 15:14:56 17,783 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:
    Very little happened do far, both of them look like they've given up the ghost. Reckon they'll draw and relegate each other.
    It's not just that this has been one of the worst games of the season, it's also that I can't remember ever seeing a PL game where literally every player had an awful game - misplaced passes, awful touches, terrible crossing, wayward shooting. Good riddance to the lot of them.
  • danathjo 28 Apr 2013 15:16:50 7,390 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    From the BBC live site

1507:
    CHAMPAGNE MOMENT - Arsenal v Man Utd (1600 BST)
    Robin van Persie has arrived back at the Emirates, striding off the Manchester United wreathed in smiles as he gives Arsenal's Gunnersaurus mascot a big hug. There are high-fives for some of the more human Arsenal staff and amid all the reunions he almost turns into the home side's dressing room. He smilingly remembers in the nick of time.

Also, looks like Pod up front with Walcott and Cazorla in the front three, Rosicky also gets a start ahead of Jack
  • B0rked_Gamer 28 Apr 2013 15:16:53 2,713 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hope it stays as a draw and both sides go down. I'm not even watching it and I'm still bored by it.
  • Trowel 28 Apr 2013 15:20:11 17,783 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Laugh it up Harry.
  • Humperfunk 28 Apr 2013 15:22:17 2,249 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hilarious stuff. A 0-0 draw to send them both down seems fitting really.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• B0rked_Gamer 28 Apr 2013 15:23:13 2,713 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bwahahaha good riddance.
  • thedaveeyres 28 Apr 2013 15:23:13 11,092 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd like to see RvP score today, run over to Wenger and spit in his face. Would be a fitting tribute to the man who stuck by him though countless injury-ridden seasons. ;)

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Trowel 28 Apr 2013 15:32:23 17,783 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The thing about this guard of honour 'tradition' is I'm pretty sure it only started about 4/5 years ago when Sky realised that big end of season games were suddenly dead rubbers as the title had already been won.
  • THFourteen 28 Apr 2013 15:44:11 33,466 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So, stuck at home instead of at the game due to possible Mumps :-(
  • Sid-Nice 28 Apr 2013 15:47:38 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mumps? Man United Migrating Players Syndrome.

NNID Sid-Nice

• morriss 28 Apr 2013 15:47:40 71,000 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bollocks
  • ascue 28 Apr 2013 15:53:25 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'd like to see Lampard beat that record before Chelsea dump him.
  • SparkyMarky81 28 Apr 2013 15:55:02 565 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The moment Arsenal fans have been waiting for is almost upon us...

This could be painful viewing for Gooners. Look away now.
  • thedaveeyres 28 Apr 2013 15:57:29 11,092 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not really that painful, just Premier League bullshittery.

Good to hear some boos - that's what football is all about for proper fans.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• ascue 28 Apr 2013 16:02:24 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Get in.
  • B0rked_Gamer 28 Apr 2013 16:02:44 2,713 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice start. :D