The all-new Premier League thread Page 3495

  • Page

    of 5663 First / Last

  • Dougs 27 Apr 2013 19:38:59 69,533 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Fab4 wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Fab4 wrote:
    I think Pardew might be looking for new employment soon.
    7 year payoff?!
    Oh yeah, I forgot about his unusually long contract length. They are fucked either way then.
    There's a clause that limits compensation to a year or something.
  • The-Bodybuilder 27 Apr 2013 20:07:14 14,444 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Dougs Pretty much a pointless contract then.
  • nickthegun 27 Apr 2013 20:23:14 61,348 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Weirdly, I dont think they would have scored half that many if suarez had played.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • ElNuevo9 27 Apr 2013 20:25:54 13,604 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any 'JUSTICE FOR LUIS' t-shirts?

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • The-Bodybuilder 27 Apr 2013 20:37:54 14,444 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not sure Skeggsy had them made on time.
  • President_Weasel 27 Apr 2013 20:58:54 9,668 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That was quite a surprising result.
    Liverpool will now get humped 3-0 by Everton - it's obligatory. For every ray of light there's a dark cloud.

    But Brendan will find encouragement in the defeat - you heard it here first.
  • THFourteen 27 Apr 2013 21:06:31 34,475 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    I'm quick to the FAN-O_Meter, but even I have to admit this is terrible.
    Wouldn't mind them going down. Nothing against them, but they have some tasty players I'd like us to get on a cheap, specifically M'Biwa (why he want there, I don't know), Krul, Sissoko and Ben Arfa.

    Getting those players on the cheap (less then 20 mil I reckon) would make our squad really really strong.

    Oh, and obligatory...
    PARDEW OUT
    I dunno mate, talented players who can't produce on the pitch... Think we have enough of those already.
  • The-Bodybuilder 27 Apr 2013 21:21:22 14,444 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    I'm quick to the FAN-O_Meter, but even I have to admit this is terrible.
    Wouldn't mind them going down. Nothing against them, but they have some tasty players I'd like us to get on a cheap, specifically M'Biwa (why he want there, I don't know), Krul, Sissoko and Ben Arfa.

    Getting those players on the cheap (less then 20 mil I reckon) would make our squad really really strong.

    Oh, and obligatory...
    PARDEW OUT
    I dunno mate, talented players who can't produce on the pitch... Think we have enough of those already.
    I think every NUFC fan will tell you their incompetence comes primarily from Pardew and his defensive attitude.
    Sissoko has been one of their few beacons of light. Krul has been decent. Ben Arfa is clearly their best player but has been injured for a while (also started from the bench today). Can't say much on M'Biwa though.

    Only a few players who are actually good. The rest (barring maybe Coloccini) are average at best.
  • Futaba 27 Apr 2013 21:43:00 3,544 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted

    As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

  • SuperCoolEskimo 27 Apr 2013 22:49:01 10,071 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Didn't even know the Newcastle vs Liverpool score, fucking hell! Coutinho tore them a new one, fantastic game from him.
  • King_Edward 27 Apr 2013 22:49:18 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sissoko lasted all of three games before his surging runs turned into clumsy control. Total flash in the pan. Ben Arfa still has the wiff of Taraabt about him, and Debuchy is simply awful. Cabaye is the only real quality player at the club but even he's thrown in the towel now.
  • Humperfunk 27 Apr 2013 22:57:07 2,501 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hahahahaha that Bale goal was hilarious!

    PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

  • Syrette 27 Apr 2013 22:58:25 44,254 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Sissoko lasted all of three games before his surging runs turned into clumsy control. Total flash in the pan. Ben Arfa still has the wiff of Taraabt about him, and Debuchy is simply awful. Cabaye is the only real quality player at the club but even he's thrown in the towel now.
    Agree with precisely none of that. If Pardew had a clue he'd be using Sissoko properly. Ben Arfa has proved his quality on numerous occasions, he had a bad injury and still isn't fit. Debuchy is already the best RB at the club in several years.

    No player would prosper in this side.

  • Deleted user 27 April 2013 23:19:06
    Don't forget, Ben Arfa is better than Bale.
  • Humperfunk 27 Apr 2013 23:19:07 2,501 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    All three reds in that game were spot on, top stuff ref.

    PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

  • Dougs 27 Apr 2013 23:22:01 69,533 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    All three reds in that game were spot on, top stuff ref.
    Absolutely. Big calls and got them all right on his debut.

    In other news, hair spray sales rocket in N17
  • TheSaint 27 Apr 2013 23:31:32 14,833 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd disagree partially. Obviously I'm not going to defend the Ramirez red but if the ref had been better the game would have been stopped long before he could swing that arm. MotD only showed it the first time but Shane Long had clearly fouled him twice if not three times in that break and the ref had missed all of them and he eventually swung the arm out in frustration. A decent ref would have spotted at least one of those and stopped the game but he was having a shocker.

    The Fox challenge wasn't easy to see from where I sit but MotD showed it was clearly the right decision.

    Probably a bit unfair for MotD to give the ref such a glowing report based purely on those three incidents as he made a shed load of errors during the game and was booed off at half time by both sets of fans long before any of the reds.
  • TheSaint 27 Apr 2013 23:40:24 14,833 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also Lukaku was very impressive, definitely shades of Drogba about him.
  • King_Edward 27 Apr 2013 23:42:28 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Sissoko lasted all of three games before his surging runs turned into clumsy control. Total flash in the pan. Ben Arfa still has the wiff of Taraabt about him, and Debuchy is simply awful. Cabaye is the only real quality player at the club but even he's thrown in the towel now.
    Ben Arfa has proved his quality on numerous occasions,
    As has Taraabt. It's their inability to maintain that level (or anything like it) that makes them questionable.
  • Humperfunk 27 Apr 2013 23:44:37 2,501 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Also Lukaku was very impressive, definitely shades of Drogba about him.
    Surely Chelsea will keep him next season. Obviously with hindsight, was a mistake letting him go and only having Torres on the books up front!

    PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

  • TheSaint 27 Apr 2013 23:46:16 14,833 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd be very surprised if they let him go, one of the best players I've seen this season.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 28 Apr 2013 00:23:59 10,071 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This belongs in the Football League thread but deserves a bigger stage.

    Phil Brown brought in Jeremy Kyle to give the Southend team talk yesterday.
  • Humperfunk 28 Apr 2013 00:26:31 2,501 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hahahaha Phil Brown is hilarious

    PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

  • ElNuevo9 28 Apr 2013 00:38:49 13,604 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That was Borini's first ever PL goal?

    GLOL.

    On a serious note, Liverpool were far more entertaining than I've seen them in a long, long time, played with a lot more freedom. Their game plan didn't consist of 'just give it to Suarez, la'. Coutunho looks very comfortable and has settled well, annoyingly.

    Newcastle are fucking terrible though, looked completly fucking clueless at times.

    Edited by ElNino9 at 00:39:35 28-04-2013

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • enfilade 28 Apr 2013 00:45:49 221 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Sissoko lasted all of three games before his surging runs turned into clumsy control. Total flash in the pan. Ben Arfa still has the wiff of Taraabt about him, and Debuchy is simply awful. Cabaye is the only real quality player at the club but even he's thrown in the towel now.
    Ben Arfa has proved his quality on numerous occasions,
    As has Taraabt. It's their inability to maintain that level (or anything like it) that makes them questionable.
    I would generally disagree with you, but what the fuck was Ben Arfa doing to give the ball away for the third goal.

    I think we have great players but - at the moment - a very poor team. Last year we were playing well and the confidence bred better performances. Today we visibly let our heads drop at 3-0, and really the 6-0 scoreline just reflected how little everyone was really trying by the end of the game.

    It's all very well embracing the 'french-ness' of our club, but there's no escaping the fact that we've been able to field a team of 7-8 proper international players against teams like Wigan, Sunderland and Swansea and have been creamed. The only wins we've mustered this year were last-gasp winners!

    Ho hum.
  • FWB 28 Apr 2013 08:54:19 45,627 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lovely goal from us. Fulham always make us look brilliant though.
  • Deleted user 28 April 2013 09:21:35
    Wow, only just seen the Newcastle result.

    Ridiculous really. It's one thing to lose, but that now puts them on the same goal difference as Wigan which could end up being crucial.

    Normally I laugh at the whole Pardew out thing, but that's just appalling.
  • King_Edward 28 Apr 2013 09:40:01 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm trying very hard not to jump on the Pardew out bandwagon.
  • FWB 28 Apr 2013 10:08:05 45,627 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What happens if Chelsea win the Europa League and qualify for the CL? I assume not much? They play in the CL and no extra spot gets chucked our way?

    Edited by FWB at 10:08:58 28-04-2013
  • Page

    of 5663 First / Last

Log in or register to reply