The all-new Premier League thread Page 3490

  • Page

    of 5546 First / Last

  • Lamb 26 Apr 2013 18:05:23 474 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LL Cool J - deepest bluest (Deep Blue Sea)



    Edited by Lamb at 18:08:25 26-04-2013
  • Lamb 26 Apr 2013 18:24:37 474 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    One day he will market dentures and he and Ivanovic will laugh from the royalties.
  • Trowel 26 Apr 2013 18:48:55 17,904 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Full reasons if anyone can be bothered

    http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/2013/apr/~/media/164A568A93784FE391CC1FDAB4D7313F.ashx
    The front page of that made me think I'd downloaded one of those free 19th century novels.
  • SparkyMarky81 26 Apr 2013 18:53:25 567 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    According to RAWK he was framed? How the fuck do you manage to get framed for a crime you did commit, on TV, that you also admitted to?
  • FWB 26 Apr 2013 18:54:41 44,838 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jewish conspiracy. Ivanovic was hired to run into the beaver's mouth.
  • Ka-blamo 26 Apr 2013 19:03:16 7,466 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
  • FWB 26 Apr 2013 19:17:53 44,838 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    All European capitals will have a team in their top league next season.
  • morriss 26 Apr 2013 19:53:05 71,122 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    glol
  • Blaketown 26 Apr 2013 19:55:14 4,755 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SparkyMarky81 wrote:
    According to RAWK he was framed?
    How the fuck do you manage to get framed for a crime you did commit, on TV, that you also admitted to?

    Read a rant based on the idea that a bite is only a bite by definition, if you take a piece of the thing being bitten with you (like Tyson did). The fact none of Ivanovic's flesh was in Suarez' mouth is conclusive proof there was no bite. The fact that literally no one had brought this up was a massive media conspiracy to make what was clearly not a bite in to a bite.

    Brap, brap, old chap.

  • RelaxedMikki 26 Apr 2013 20:11:12 935 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm a United fan and I reckon the Suarez ban is too harsh.

    He didn't draw blood. And the guy is proper entertainment. I'd have gone with 7 games (same as last time - less worse incident than in Holland, but a repeat offence).

    Sure - he's a win at all costs, can't control his agression, impulsive and stupid loco. But I'd still like to see him play in the Premier League.

    (If he had bruised Ivanovic, or made him bleed or something, then it's different. But what he did was weird, loco, out of control, rather than dirty...)
  • Syrette 26 Apr 2013 20:20:40 43,752 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yes, the length of the ban should have reflected how entertaining he is to watch during the match.

    ;)

  • kentmonkey 26 Apr 2013 20:24:17 20,760 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Yes, the length of the ban should have reflected how entertaining he is to watch during the match.

    ;)
    This approach could have it's benefits.

    Shola Ameobi would never play again.
  • RelaxedMikki 26 Apr 2013 20:28:01 935 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It was fucking nothing.

    A half bite that didn't connect at a cross that didn't beat the first man and went for a corner.

    I remember standing in the terraces at Bramhall Lane in one of the early seasons of the Premier League, when Sheffield United were still in the top flight. Sheffield, fighting relegation, were getting beat by Blackburn, who were about to be champions. And Shearer was being a right twat - all elbows and sly kicks.

    With about 5 minutes to go, at a corner, Dave Bassett brought on Alan Cork. In an obviously pre-meditated move, Alan Cork ran his skin-head straight over to the penalty spot, nutted Alan Shearer, and got sent straight off. A minute after being subbed on he was sent off for a head-butt.

    That night on 'Match of the Day' Lineker just gave it 'and Alan Cork was sent off, but we don't want to look at that' and there was a brief giggle from the pundits before they moved on.

    ...
  • morriss 26 Apr 2013 20:40:46 71,122 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lol
  • faux-C 26 Apr 2013 20:44:49 9,441 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Yes, the length of the ban should have reflected how entertaining he is to watch during the match.

    ;)
    Well if they're basing the ban on how much it trended on twitter, then why the fuck not?
  • Syrette 26 Apr 2013 20:48:54 43,752 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @faux_carnation

    Do you agree with everything Rodgers has come out with?

  • Fab4 26 Apr 2013 20:51:37 6,114 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It comes to something whenever you have to define different degrees of biting when talking about a football player.
  • FWB 26 Apr 2013 20:51:45 44,838 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I suspect the comment referring to twitter is one measure of how the act affected the image of the game. Doubt it was much of an influence in the decision though.

    Quite frankly there should be more consideration of the public response and image of the game when punishing these animals. It's a form of entertainment, one of the most important on the planet that influences millions. These brats need to understand that when they go on the field they are role models only employed because of the public's money and thus they must behave. If they can't do that, then they should be out of the game. Sod off and do a job where there is no public limelight and you are aren't shaping minds.

    Whether twitter is a great way of measuring the public response, I don't know. Wouldn't base decisions purely on it, but social media definitely has a role IMHO.
  • faux-C 26 Apr 2013 20:52:58 9,441 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    @faux_carnation

    Do you agree with everything Rodgers has come out with?
    I don't know, I've been trying to avoid it all to be honest so I don't even know what he's said in any detail. The whole thing is just so bloody tedious.

    Just saw some of this stuff about the FA's written reasons from some people I respect on twitter today and couldn't resist passing it on. Any opportunity to laugh at the incompetence of the FA should be snapped up IMHO.
  • faux-C 26 Apr 2013 20:55:11 9,441 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    I suspect the comment referring to twitter is one measure of how the act affected the image of the game. Doubt it was much of an influence in the decision though.

    Quite frankly there should be more consideration of the public response and image of the game when punishing these animals. It's a form of entertainment, one of the most important on the planet that influences millions. These brats need to understand that when they go on the field they are role models only employed because of the public's money and thus they must behave. If they can't do that, then they should be out of the game. Sod off and do a job where there is no public limelight and you are aren't shaping minds.

    Whether twitter is a great way of measuring the public response, I don't know. Wouldn't base decisions purely on it, but social media definitely has a role IMHO.
    I really disagree. The event should be judged, not the context. A red card tackle is a red card tackle whether it's after 3 minutes or 89 minutes. A bite is a bite. Should be the same punishment for a Premier League player or a Conference player.
  • RelaxedMikki 26 Apr 2013 20:55:51 935 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Footballers don't shape minds. Mums and Dads shape minds.
  • FWB 26 Apr 2013 20:56:47 44,838 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, I imagine a Liverpool fan wouldn't like the idea of public image being part of the game.
  • FWB 26 Apr 2013 20:57:42 44,838 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    Footballers don't shape minds. Mums and Dads shape minds.
    More than one person can be involved in the process, and idols/public role models figure hugely.

    Edited by FWB at 20:58:13 26-04-2013
  • faux-C 26 Apr 2013 20:58:55 9,441 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Yeah, I imagine a Liverpool fan wouldn't like the idea of public image being part of the game.
    Blah blah. It's thinking like this that leads to Rooney being banned for swearing into a camera, which is just mental.
  • RelaxedMikki 26 Apr 2013 21:01:04 935 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @FWB Yes

    But I don't know if Messi has influenced whether your kids clean their teeth properly, or have clean socks for school...

    EDIT: sorry, I have gone off at a weird tangent here.

    Edited by RelaxedMikki at 21:07:18 26-04-2013
  • FWB 26 Apr 2013 21:06:31 44,838 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    Yeah, I imagine a Liverpool fan wouldn't like the idea of public image being part of the game.
    Blah blah. It's thinking like this that leads to Rooney being banned for swearing into a camera, which is just mental.
    Far from it. Deserved it.
  • FWB 26 Apr 2013 21:06:58 44,838 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    @FWB Yes

    But I don't know if Messi has influenced whether your kids clean their teeth properly, or have clean socks for school...
    Is there some point you are trying to make?
  • RelaxedMikki 26 Apr 2013 21:11:00 935 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @FWB sorry, I went off at a tangent.
  • SolidSCB 26 Apr 2013 21:18:48 6,889 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He bit someone. He bit another human being, agressively and unprovoked. If one of us mere mortals did the same in our place of work, we'd be instantly dismissed and more than likely face criminal proceedings. I don't understand how there is so much bickering over a man missing ten poxy games of football for a frankly disgusting act of behaviour. Football really does bring out the absolutely stark raving fucking stupidity out of people sometimes.
  • ElNuevo9 26 Apr 2013 21:28:22 13,479 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    I believe that was Sven's entire recruitment policy at Man City. Sign FM legends and hope for the best.
    I've been away so catching up with the thread.

    One of my best friends was dating Colin Hendrys daughter whilst he was Blackpool manager and he used to get him to scour the lower leagues for 'hidden gems'. Gods honest truth.

    Explains why his last managerial position was Clyde 5 years ago.

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • Page

    of 5546 First / Last

Log in or register to reply