of 5488 First / Last

• imamazed 24 Apr 2013 12:13:51 5,642 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ZizouFC racist
  • Ziz0u 24 Apr 2013 12:21:15 8,386 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just being friendly! You don't understand my customs.

/bites
  • captbirdseye 24 Apr 2013 12:44:10 4,998 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FSG will surely flog him in the summer as he must be doing more harm than good for Liverpool at the moment.

This season has finally highlighted the fact that morals really don't exist in football and any fucking arsehole will get fans singing his name in support.
  • Trowel 24 Apr 2013 12:49:46 17,788 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What I've found interesting is learning about how other clubs and countries handle these situations. For example, for the first bite Ajax had already fined and banned Suarez for 2 games pending the Dutch FA's suspension decision. Another time when they were challenging for the title for the first time in a while, their top winger was caught drink driving, so they voluntarily suspended him for 2 months during their run-in.

Decent thing to do for society.
  • Shikasama 24 Apr 2013 12:52:16 6,844 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    FSG will surely flog him in the summer as he must be doing more harm than good for Liverpool at the moment.
    See I agree he'll be sold but I don't think bad PR affects football clubs the same way it affects other companies.

The fans are still the fans and the people who aren't fans don't put money into the club anyway. I doubt many away fans will refuse to go to Anfield because of Suarez.
  • RedSparrows 24 Apr 2013 12:53:51 22,779 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Simple fact is: scoring goals earns a lot of forgiveness - so much as to obliterate the transgression, for the most blinkered.
  • Blaketown 24 Apr 2013 12:55:17 4,652 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    What I've found interesting is learning about how other clubs and countries handle these situations. For example, for the first bite Ajax had already fined and banned Suarez for 2 games pending the Dutch FA's suspension decision. Another time when they were challenging for the title for the first time in a while, their top winger was caught drink driving, so they voluntarily suspended him for 2 months during their run-in.

United did the same thing when Cantona kicked the fan. Preemptively banned him until the FA made a decision.

Pretty spineless of Liverpool not to do the same thing really.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• kalel 24 Apr 2013 12:59:51 87,775 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Trowel wrote:

The cynical view on that is that it's pre-emptive action that might diminish the severity of the official punishment. It's been known to happen here as well. I remember Coventry doing it when Ben Thatcher tried to kill Pedro Mendez. I think United might have done it with Cantona as well.
  • President_Weasel 24 Apr 2013 13:08:55 9,343 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Leave him alone lol, it's not his fault he's coming across as a bit of a prick haha. Lool.

But seriously, he used insulting language or behaviour including a reference to race. That's what the charge was, and that's what he admitted he did. Whether or not 'negrito' is culturally equivalent to 'pal' in South America, it's still a reference to race. He used it several times in the midst of a determined effort to wind someone up; he admitted it; by his own admission he was guilty of the charges as they were worded.

"Mr Suárez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);

"the insulting words used by Mr Suárez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);
    Whether or not the "negrito's not insulting in Uruguay" defence is bullshit (it is, he was trying to wind Evra up, and he was fully aware Evra's not from Uruguay) he used a racial reference several times in amongst insulting language. He was guilty of the charges.

He also made himself, and Liverpool, look much more cunty by repeatedly changing his story instead of either just apologising, which less morally bankrupt people would do, or quickly finding a convincing lie and sticking to it, which John Terry did.
  • captbirdseye 24 Apr 2013 13:10:21 4,998 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @RedSparrows How some people can cheer for these nobs is beyond me, and some players further down the leagues have done a lot worse than the BPL tits.
  • Shikasama 24 Apr 2013 13:19:05 6,844 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Judge Judy would sort him right out
  • RedSparrows 24 Apr 2013 13:19:52 22,779 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Actually a Judge Judy style show for footballers and other minor celebs would be the best car-crash viewing EVER.
  • spindle9988 24 Apr 2013 13:20:13 3,590 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How much do you reckon Suarez would go for if we did sell him? I would say about 35 mil
  • Shikasama 24 Apr 2013 13:23:49 6,844 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd watch the shit out of that
  • captbirdseye 24 Apr 2013 13:24:08 4,998 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Easily and could probably get a bit more, but i guess it depends on how desperate FSG want rid. At least Pool will have the english Ibra back.
  • Shikasama 24 Apr 2013 13:24:21 6,844 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    How much do you reckon Suarez would go for if we did sell him? I would say about 35 mil
    Hey, if you sold Suarez for 35 million, you could buy Danny Graham for 30 AND HE'D BE BASICALLY FREE!!!!!
  • SweetMrGibs 24 Apr 2013 13:27:08 20 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I can't believe Jamie Carragher is defending Suarez's bite. He'll end up red-faced over this.

oh, wait...
  • beastmaster 24 Apr 2013 13:28:29 11,421 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Courteeners song Not Nineteen Forever named as United victory song!

:-)

C'mon, it's a bit funny.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• kalel 24 Apr 2013 13:29:31 87,775 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How much you get for him depends entirely on who wants him, and how much of a cunt he is about going there.

I reckon teams like Barca/Bayern would pay around £25m-£30m, which I think is the most likely scenario, but there's the possibility of PSG or someone coming in a bit higher.

I also wouldn't discount the likes of Anzhi coming in from him, and again, that could be a lot of money.
  • captbirdseye 24 Apr 2013 13:30:58 4,998 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @SweetMrGibs Bet some the players he's comparing with Suarez are pissed.
  • RedSparrows 24 Apr 2013 13:31:14 22,779 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He'd fit in well in Russia.

OH NO I DIDANT
  • spindle9988 24 Apr 2013 13:32:23 3,590 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I cant see city coming in for him now. I would be happy with at least 30 mil. I just want rid now to honest, him and dalglish have managed to turn us into the most hated club in the league.
  • captbirdseye 24 Apr 2013 13:33:01 4,998 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm pretty disappointed that I won't get to see the Malaysian derby next year :p.
  • Humperfunk 24 Apr 2013 13:41:21 2,249 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mate you forget, they didn't pay 35 million for him, they actually were given 15 million and Andy Carroll!

That's the terrible, laughable logic of Liverpool anyway.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Shikasama 24 Apr 2013 13:44:50 6,844 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Again, it's nothing to do with 'letting him stay'. They are a mid table team that won't even be in Europe next season. He is one of the most talented players on the continent.

'Letting him stay' doesn't come into it.
  • The-Bodybuilder 24 Apr 2013 13:50:35 14,211 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    @Shikasama Heh, no. But it was (and still is really) a fairly nasty, rough place in Kent and this sort of behaviour happened on a repeat basis. So I think they just gave up trying to sort it by the rules and just applied their own. It was quite violent - the science teacher got stabbed multiple times in class with the pointy end of a compass while he tried to batter the kid off with a telephone receiver. And in History you knew that if you weren't listening or were talking that you had to watch out for a flying chalkboard cleaner. They hurt when they hit. A French teacher (in secondary school now, so it didn't improve when you moved on to another school in the area) smashed a blackboard with a chair when the class weren't paying attention to him just to get their attention.

So much of what happened there you couldn't make up. But then tt was over 20 years ago, and I'm sure they wouldn't get away with that approach now.

Still, Luiz Suarez. Bit more off than he could chew this time.
    KM after finishing school.
  • SweetMrGibs 24 Apr 2013 13:53:26 20 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    EuroStalker wrote:
    For all of Saurez's faults, and they are big, at least the man can play football with great dribbling skills and vision. Liverpool FC should punish him and let him stay. He is an asset.
    Ivanovic should have seen that bite coming. Suarez had been dribbling all game...
  • LeoliansBro 24 Apr 2013 13:55:31 44,321 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He hasn't got a leg to stand on.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Page

of 5488 First / Last