The all-new Premier League thread Page 3411

• Page

of 5502 First / Last

• Ka-blamo 10 Apr 2013 17:41:09 7,368 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    I agree, I see Wigan as taking up a valuable place in the premierleague that all the teams in the Championship would kill for and bring 10x the support and passion and great things to their respect towns/cities.
    Thats quite plainly shite, even as a supporter of a team that would probably qualify for the prem on your criteria.
    I have no criteria, I would just like to see a team in Wigan's place that would bring more and mean more to their town/city.

It's that simple.
  • Shikasama 10 Apr 2013 17:47:54 6,873 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Stoke are bankrolled by the family who own bet365 so if they did go down, I'm pretty sure they'd be back up soon enough.
    Aye because they have a brilliant track record of spending good money
  • faux-C 10 Apr 2013 17:50:07 9,399 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    I agree, I see Wigan as taking up a valuable place in the premierleague that all the teams in the Championship would kill for and bring 10x the support and passion and great things to their respect towns/cities.
    Thats quite plainly shite, even as a supporter of a team that would probably qualify for the prem on your criteria.
    I have no criteria, I would just like to see a team in Wigan's place that would bring more and mean more to their town/city.

It's that simple.
    You're talking out of your arse.
  • kalel 10 Apr 2013 17:51:00 87,933 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seems a bit unfair on the actual Wigan fans.
  • nickthegun 10 Apr 2013 17:56:55 60,164 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would like to see manchester united kicked out of the FA cup because their fans dont appreciate it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Ka-blamo 10 Apr 2013 17:57:55 7,368 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Ka-blamo wrote:

It's that simple.
    How can I be talking out of my arse that I would like to see a proper football city have Wigan's place in the permier league? It's fact, I do want that.

I don't want to see any quarter filled stadium in the league or a city that prefers Rugby in the Premier league.

Obviously this opinion is unfair on the actual supporters, and If they play well enough to be in the premier league they 100% deserve to be there, but I don't want them there.

It's what I want to see, I'm not demanding that clubs that can't fill stadiums get kicked out the league.
  • faux-C 10 Apr 2013 18:04:13 9,399 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Ka-blamo wrote:

It's that simple.
    How can I be talking out of my arse that I would like to see a proper football city have Wigan's place in the permier league? It's fact, I do want that.

I don't want to see any quarter filled stadium in the league or a city that prefers Rugby in the Premier league.

Obviously this opinion is unfair on the actual supporters, and If they play well enough to be in the premier league they 100% deserve to be there, but I don't want them there.

It's what I want to see, I'm not demanding that clubs that can't fill stadiums get kicked out the league.
    Firstly, the average attendance at the DW is higher for football than rugby. Wigan is a town of around 80,000 people. Getting a regular home crowd of over 15,000 from that is actually amazing.

What do you mean by a "proper football city" anyway? At what point in history do we freeze time and separate proper from unproper?
  • Dougs 10 Apr 2013 18:15:42 68,063 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Presumably somewhere like Leeds, Derby, Nottingham, Preston etc. Total bollocks obviously.
  • RobTheBuilder 10 Apr 2013 18:21:29 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Ka-blamo if Wigan's never say die attitude and resilience against relegation isn't enough to earn them respect then there is no hope for any team. A small but loyal crowd along with a chairman and manager who are everything we want. Loyal, respectful, and in it for the team not personal glory.
  • roz123 10 Apr 2013 18:21:46 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Considering Chelsea had empty seats at the FA Cup final last season, this is a bit of a glass house situation.
    Clearly thats bollocks, we always sell out big games and have a points system because of the high demand.
  • FWB 10 Apr 2013 18:26:18 44,671 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I can believe there are enough cunts to fill your seats.
  • Dougs 10 Apr 2013 18:26:50 68,063 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Rob agreed. Except Dave Whelan, he's a bit of a tit
  • RobTheBuilder 10 Apr 2013 18:29:42 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Dougs I suppose! But he has always shown faith in the manager when they were adrift at the bottom and he has always repaid that faith with results that even the Chariman thinks are beyond what the club should really be capable of.

If Abramovich had shown that faith in Mourinho he would have at least two champions league titles by now.
  • FWB 10 Apr 2013 18:31:14 44,671 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I like Mourinho so wouldn't want him at Chelsea. Though it would be amusing if he went and couldn't win a proper CL for them cos of the filthy mafioso.
  • RobTheBuilder 10 Apr 2013 18:32:43 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @FWB I think the temp managers have it easier to get results as they have less direct pressure from him
  • Syrette 10 Apr 2013 19:15:38 43,607 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Time for a positive football story:

[link url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130410/real-madrid-fan-jose-mourinho/]One man's journey from Los Angeles to Real Madrid good-luck charm
    [/link]

• Dougs 10 Apr 2013 19:59:06 68,063 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

[link url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130410/real-madrid-fan-jose-mourinho/]One man's journey from Los Angeles to Real Madrid good-luck charm
    [/link]
    That is fucking awesome. I take my hat off to Abel, Mourinho and Real. Genuinely something in my eye...
  • FWB 10 Apr 2013 20:04:23 44,671 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lovely story. :)
  • danathjo 10 Apr 2013 20:06:25 7,404 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I suddenly feel all warm and fuzzy inside
    cheers for linking that!
  • IMO 10 Apr 2013 20:08:43 5,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Syrette wrote:

[/link]
    That is fucking awesome. I take my hat off to Abel, Mourinho and Real. Genuinely something in my eye...
    Utterly, utterly brilliant.
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 Apr 2013 22:00:39 14,225 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I think I made this point about Stoke before (or it might have been COYS), but despite hating them, I think the PL would miss them.

They're one of the few lower table teams that are absolutely guaranteed to take points off the top ones over the course of the season, and that is really important in terms of keeping the league competitive.
    Well we now have the likes of Swansea who are capable of doing so, but now with a bit of style possession dominance. Plus you can always count on Wigan to do that too, so long as they stay up, and with style too in the 2nd half of the season.

So.....we don't need those middle earthian orcs to do that anymore.
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 Apr 2013 22:12:21 14,225 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

[/link]
    Man f*ck that Abel dude.
    I'd like to see that opportunity go to someone who's from a proper football country, primarily in Europe.

Honestly, what an amazing tale. Mad proper to Mourinho, who's gone up tenfold in my eyes.

Love this quote too.

"'You help us and you live a bigger dream, a Champions League match from the inside!'"
  • Shikasama 10 Apr 2013 22:19:32 6,873 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mourinho shook his head and smiled. "When you're with me in Europe, you don't pay for s---."
    That's an utterly amazing line
  • ecureuil 10 Apr 2013 22:34:14 76,879 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

[/link]
    What a wonderful story. :)
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 Apr 2013 22:40:05 14,225 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Getting too lovey-dovey in here.
    Need to bring it down a bit. CHELSEA ARE CUNTS.
  • Ka-blamo 10 Apr 2013 22:49:04 7,368 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    CHELSEA ARE CUNTS.
    Well Duh
  • darkmorgado 10 Apr 2013 22:54:47 15,561 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I would like to see manchester united kicked out of the FA cup because their fans dont appreciate it.
    This hopeless cunt doesn't get any better does he?

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• kalel 10 Apr 2013 23:27:21 87,933 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Considering Chelsea had empty seats at the FA Cup final last season, this is a bit of a glass house situation.
    Clearly thats bollocks, we always sell out big games and have a points system because of the high demand.
    Read any article from that game and it'll mention it.

And well done for managing to sell out big games. A club your supposed size should sell out every game.
  • roz123 10 Apr 2013 23:43:32 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A quick google and all I can find was both clubs were moaning that the allocation was too small, chelsea fans discussing what points they needed to get tickets before they sold out and how tickets were sold on the black market for ludicrous amounts.
  • RobTheBuilder 11 Apr 2013 00:24:08 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    This hopeless cunt doesn't get any better does he?
    By that logic Chelsea should be thrown out of everything except the Champions League.
  • Page

of 5502 First / Last