Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The best one is about his teammates being shit
  • morriss 5 Apr 2013 15:41:43 70,916 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Unavoidable-inevitable-due-to-small-squad-size-and-playing-full-strength-team-in-meaningless-trophy-injury gate.
    Oh just be quiet
    No.
  • morriss 5 Apr 2013 15:43:05 70,916 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Commander Keen wrote:
    You Goons will be having your own inquests soon enough. Enjoy ours while they last ;)
    We already had our inquests!

Results are in : Arsenal are shit.

TBH even if you end up throwing 5 of your last games, we don't have the balls to win enough games to get ahead.

It's just funny watching moriss get twitchy :-)
    hehe. You must love my Twitter feed! :) #rollercoaster
  • nickthegun 5 Apr 2013 15:45:22 59,341 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Dougs 5 Apr 2013 15:49:21 67,024 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fab4 wrote:
    Terry comes out in support of Di Canio...shocker :D
    He heils him, according to the Guardian . Oh no, wait. It was "hails".
  • morriss 5 Apr 2013 15:51:04 70,916 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Be hilarious if he goes there in the summer. :)
  • THFourteen 5 Apr 2013 16:33:35 33,099 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmmmm so actually Fellaini and Peenarse are both out on Sunday.

Everton have no chance :-(
  • morriss 5 Apr 2013 16:39:05 70,916 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BBC Sport's David Ornstein:
    FOOTBALL
    "Gareth Bale's ankle injury not as bad as feared. Scan went well, not out for season & Tottenham hope he'll be back for Manchester City on 21 April."
  • THFourteen 5 Apr 2013 16:39:48 33,099 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    BBC Sport's David Ornstein:
    FOOTBALL
    "Gareth Bale's ankle injury not as bad as feared. Scan went well, not out for season & Tottenham pray he'll be back for Manchester City on 21 April."
    Fixed
  • Deleted user 5 April 2013 16:41:23
    Meaningless trophy that would still be Spurs' only silverware for many years.

Why bother winning things when you can come 4th.
  • THFourteen 5 Apr 2013 16:44:15 33,099 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Meaningless trophy that would still be Spurs' only silverware for many years.

Why bother winning things when you can come 4th.
    Look what finishing 4th has done for Arsenal. We don't have to sell our best players every year. We have loads of cash to spend on the best players like Gervinho and Santos. There is barely an empty seat at every home game.

Trophies don't count for shit at the end of the day when players retire, they can look back on their career and their fourth place medals proudly.
  • morriss 5 Apr 2013 16:44:41 70,916 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why spread yourself so thin you risk ending up with nothing? Fair enough if we had decent cover for our key forward and midfield positions, but we don't. I'd like to try and win everything, but I'm not a fan of stretching an already light squad.

Not blaming AVB, not really blaming anyone, just gutted and really couldn't care less about Euro Cup.
  • kalel 5 Apr 2013 16:53:00 86,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Another way of looking at the situation is that if we hadn't been playing a second string goalie and defence we might not have had to play 120 minutes against Inter, meaning we would have been more likely to bear Fulham.

And we might have won comfortably last night if we hadn't done the same, giving us more chance in games nearer the second leg, which now has more pressure on it.

He can't win, unless everything goes perfectly according to plan. As soon as anything bad happens the inquests start again, even if it's something as unlucky as Bale going over his own ankle, which he could do getting out of bed in the morning.
  • graysonavich 5 Apr 2013 16:53:07 7,320 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Not blaming AVB, not really blaming anyone, just gutted and really couldn't care less about Euro Cup.
    I find that a bit odd. Spurs really don't have the quality to compete for anything higher (CL winners and Premiership title).

When you look at it without a fan hat on, Spurs should realistically be biting at the chance to win the UEFA Cup.

Edited by graysonavich at 16:53:32 05-04-2013
  • Shikasama 5 Apr 2013 16:53:36 6,710 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    People go on about the commercialization of football and how it is all about money, cancer on the game etc, then come out and say they'd rather qualify for a tournament and not win it then win a bona fide trophy beating some top clubs along the way.
  • THFourteen 5 Apr 2013 16:54:00 33,099 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah but Spurs fans have unrealistic expectations, same as Arsenal fans. Same as all fans.
  • Jono62 5 Apr 2013 16:54:59 14,021 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22037909

O'Neill - I didn't deserve the sack.
  • kalel 5 Apr 2013 16:56:30 86,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    When you look at it without a fan hat on, Spurs should realistically be biting at the chance to win the UEFA Cup.
    I have a fan hat on and I agree. Wining it would be amazing.

Also, winning the Ueropa is still a reasonably big deal and will do wonders for our profile and our ability to attract players in the summer, possibly more so than coming fourth would, which made fuck all difference to us last time we did it. Teams like Athletico and Shaktar have done really well out of winning it.
  • The-Bodybuilder 5 Apr 2013 16:57:50 14,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Why spread yourself so thin you risk ending up with nothing?
    Why hedge your bets on one thing and risk ending up with nothing?
  • morriss 5 Apr 2013 16:59:38 70,916 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Of course, I haven't watched any game in Europe this season and will not watch the final out of principle if we make it.
  • captbirdseye 5 Apr 2013 16:59:40 4,836 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No offence, but not wanting a trophy and qualifying for some tournament because of money and new players is full on plastic. The top 4 has just turned teams into constant losers who'd rather finish 4th than have silverware.
  • morriss 5 Apr 2013 17:01:44 70,916 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I flat out don't want it. We should melt it into fake CL-runnersup medals if we win it.
  • The-Bodybuilder 5 Apr 2013 17:01:54 14,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tbh, if I was Spurs (who in recent history are in a different position from arsenal), I'd prefer to win the Europa and then use that to challenge and carry over for the next season to battle for a top 4 spot.

And that's excluding the fact winning the Europe opens up another good chance to win another cup when they have to fight for the super cup against the CL holders.

Bit different if Arsenal were to drop out of top 4. I'd rather they challenge to keep their position, rather than lose it and fight for it back whilst along the way winning the EC.

But hey yo, that's just me (and kalel, and graysonavich, and th14, and shikasama, and quite a few others too).
  • kalel 5 Apr 2013 17:01:57 86,798 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't see why it's plastic tbh. I can see the point of view. If we were talking about the Carling Cup I'd agree, but I think the Europa League is worth winning, not just for the sake of winning something.
  • nickthegun 5 Apr 2013 17:02:29 59,341 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Europa League is like the Milk cup. No one really gives a shit about winning it until they get to the semi's.

Although I wouldnt have given it my full attention as a manager, i certainly would by the final stages.

The big caveat is that spurs are in quite a precarious position since fourth is so sought after but, again, this is uefas fault for giving us too many CL spots.

He totally called it

• The-Bodybuilder 5 Apr 2013 17:02:43 14,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    I flat out don't want it. We should melt it into fake CL-runnersup medals if we win it.
    What? Make them more valuable than what they are?
    Pfft, you wish. :D
  • SuperCoolEskimo 5 Apr 2013 17:03:01 9,756 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I lol'd at this.

http://t.co/DNGtIEGKrm

Louder paedo chants, then.
  • The-Bodybuilder 5 Apr 2013 17:04:39 14,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Football should be about the experience.

IMO, if Spurs were to never in your lifetime every get into the CL or win anything else for the next 50 years, which would live long in your memory; the time you win the Europa? Or the time you got into the CL 2 years back?
  • nickthegun 5 Apr 2013 17:04:46 59,341 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Bit of a weird attitude. Even if you dont think you should be fielding full strength squads, surely you would be pleased to see them win *something*?

He totally called it

• captbirdseye 5 Apr 2013 17:05:05 4,836 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Players would rather have medals and trophies than constant top 4 average finishes. I blame the format for European competitions where it should only be the winners for CL and the rest of the 3 teams in EL.
  • Page

of 5335 First / Last