The all-new Premier League thread Page 3383

• Page

of 5375 First / Last

• ecureuil 31 Mar 2013 15:21:07 76,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Di Canio to Sunderland according to Sky.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2013 15:22:00
    Wow.
  • Jono62 31 Mar 2013 15:22:10 14,059 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fully deserved for Liverpool. We have no idea what to do with the ball when we go behind. We just pass sideways or backwards.

Next game against Stoke is crucial now. Hopefully we can win to drag them right into it.
  • Tom_Servo 31 Mar 2013 15:24:18 17,544 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Ha! Entertainment there.
  • Tom_Servo 31 Mar 2013 15:29:18 17,544 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why would Gerrard be getting stick off his mates for his hair? Looks like a generic short haircut to me.
  • nickthegun 31 Mar 2013 15:32:02 59,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its because hes got a threehead.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kentmonkey 31 Mar 2013 15:36:40 20,582 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Still think getting rid of O'Neil was a good move, but appointing Di Canio is......
    ridiculous.
  • Tom_Servo 31 Mar 2013 15:40:48 17,544 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Might be wrong on this, but it seems to me that Di Canio has done pretty well at Swindon but not really well enough to warrant being in contention from PL jobs. No doubt the fact he was never out the news for his antics has helped raise his profile as a manager a bit.
  • ecureuil 31 Mar 2013 21:58:30 76,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Di Canio has now been appointed Sunderland boss. David Miliband has resigned as vice-chairman of the club.
  • The-Bodybuilder 31 Mar 2013 22:00:19 14,136 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Di Canio? LOL.
  • Fab4 31 Mar 2013 22:00:42 5,993 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    David Miliband quits connections to Sunderland because Di Canio is a raging nazi.
  • ecureuil 31 Mar 2013 22:02:12 76,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Radio 5 calls former Sunderland defender Michael Gray to discuss O'Neil firing, talks to Glasgow student Michael Gray instead.
  • Dougs 31 Mar 2013 22:09:45 67,190 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Might be wrong on this, but it seems to me that Di Canio has done pretty well at Swindon but not really well enough to warrant being in contention from PL jobs. No doubt the fact he was never out the news for his antics has helped raise his profile as a manager a bit.
    A few mates are Swindon fans, said he's clearly got something but is a total martyr and everything is about him, and not the team. Mental appointment imo, and I can't stand O'Neill.
  • Ka-blamo 31 Mar 2013 22:10:02 7,314 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
  • President_Weasel 31 Mar 2013 22:12:07 9,179 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fab4 wrote:
    David Miliband quits connections to Sunderland because Di Canio is a raging nazi.
    Admirer of Mussolini rather than Hitler, making him a fascist rather than a Nazi.

Allegedly. Although I'm not sure I need to bother with weasel words when there's, for example, an old Telegraph article that says:

As a boy, di Canio was initiated as an "ultra", or extreme supporter, of SS Lazio (the initials stand for Societá Sportiva), a team founded by Italian army officers in 1900 and the preferred club of Benito Mussolini, "Il Duce", one of the founders of fascism.
    The player has, in his autobiography, praised Mussolini as "basically a very principled, ethical individual" who was "deeply misunderstood".
    He has the word "Dux", the Latin equivalent of "Duce", tattooed on his arm.
    Edited by President_Weasel at 22:17:26 31-03-2013
  • ecureuil 31 Mar 2013 22:15:00 76,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    A few mates are Swindon fans, said he's clearly got something but is a total martyr and everything is about him, and not the team. Mental appointment imo, and I can't stand O'Neill.
    I asked this earlier but why don't you like him? It seems a few people really don't like him for some reason. I can't see what he's done to have people say they "can't stand" him. Something to do with him quitting clubs? The way the media supposedly hype him up? Is it an Arsenal thing? Genuinely curious about this.
  • FWB 31 Mar 2013 22:17:27 44,228 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Di Canio is a dick. Now I have a reason to dislike Sunderland. Shame.
  • The-Bodybuilder 31 Mar 2013 23:09:17 14,136 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    Fab4 wrote:
    Admirer of Mussolini rather than Hitler, making him a fascist rather than a Nazi.

Allegedly. Although I'm not sure I need to bother with weasel words when there's, for example, an old Telegraph article that says:

As a boy, di Canio was initiated as an "ultra", or extreme supporter, of SS Lazio (the initials stand for Societá Sportiva), a team founded by Italian army officers in 1900 and the preferred club of Benito Mussolini, "Il Duce", one of the founders of fascism.
    The player has, in his autobiography, praised Mussolini as "basically a very principled, ethical individual" who was "deeply misunderstood".
    He has the word "Dux", the Latin equivalent of "Duce", tattooed on his arm.
    Does beg the question, would we stop supporting our club if they appointed someone we truly hated (in the proper way, not the football way)? As in to challenge our whole "team for life" ethos.

Basically, would I stop supporting Arsenal if they appointed a clear racist (Terry?)? Or should I still get behind the team, manager and club?
  • B0rked_Gamer 31 Mar 2013 23:13:24 2,566 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Di might be a Nazi but he's a fun Nazi and that's sort of ok in my book. Er...he's fun to listen to on the tele is what I mean.
  • FWB 31 Mar 2013 23:16:12 44,228 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Campaign for them to be removed and hope they lose until they are. There is more to life than football.
  • Dougs 31 Mar 2013 23:28:06 67,190 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ecu, sorry missed it earlier. I don't like the football O'Neill's teams play or his general attitude or antics. Didn't like how he left Villa either. Plus he's overrated. Or was, dunno how he'll be viewed in the media now.
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 Apr 2013 10:05:17 14,136 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bicycleball, anyone?

Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 10:05:46 01-04-2013
  • RedSparrows 1 Apr 2013 10:17:29 22,299 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He is not a Nazi. Italian Fascism, whilst repugnant, was not Nazism.
  • nickthegun 1 Apr 2013 10:23:06 59,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    @ecu, sorry missed it earlier. I don't like the football O'Neill's teams play or his general attitude or antics. Didn't like how he left Villa either. Plus he's overrated. Or was, dunno how he'll be viewed in the media now.
    I think he will be viewed quite well and 'gone before his time', partially because hes actually quite a decent pundit.

Ive always quite liked him because he properly in the clough mould. Probably the last of the 'old school' now (fergie excepted, obviously).

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kalel 1 Apr 2013 11:25:01 86,962 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    He is not a Nazi. Italian Fascism, whilst repugnant, was not Nazism.
    True enough, except really the Ultras are just a hooligan group, and to be honest they're about as discriminating in the difference between Italian Fascism and Nazism as anyone.

Di Canio talks a good talk about how it's actually all a very peaceful philosophy and nothing sinister at all, but it's total bollocks.
  • Menace 1 Apr 2013 11:35:13 5,742 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Does beg the question, would we stop supporting our club if they appointed someone we truly hated (in the proper way, not the football way)? As in to challenge our whole "team for life" ethos.

Basically, would I stop supporting Arsenal if they appointed a clear racist (Terry?)? Or should I still get behind the team, manager and club?
    I've said it before, if they bring in Mourinho I'll 'take a break' (for lack of better words) in supporting ManUtd. Once he's gone again I'll be back.

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• The-Bodybuilder 1 Apr 2013 12:16:53 14,136 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Menace wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:

I've said it before, if they bring in Mourinho I'll 'take a break' (for lack of better words) in supporting ManUtd. Once he's gone again I'll be back.
    Some would say that's not being a true supporter though.
    I would say to them to f*ck off though.
  • ecureuil 1 Apr 2013 12:16:54 76,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well there's a difference between stopping supporting a club because the manager is a fascist and stopping because you personally don't quite like the guy for no real reason. Stopping supporting United because of Mourinho would be ridiculous, he's one of the best coaches in the game and a great personality too.
  • reddevil93 1 Apr 2013 12:24:46 11,571 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Menace is one of those crazy people go thinks he plays dull negative football though.

• Syrette 1 Apr 2013 12:29:41 43,296 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Menace is one of those crazy people go thinks he plays dull negative football though.
    Care to tell him how many goals Real Madrid have scored in each of his seasons?

• Page

of 5375 First / Last